PDA

View Full Version : WTB Pegasus cloak loot rights - Paying 8k

McGarnicle
08-05-2013, 11:09 PM
The cloak basically needs 4 people to help with hunt nowadays. This can essentially boil down to 2k per person to hopefully finish it in an hour or so.

PM me to discuss this further.

kronika
08-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Just so you know, the cloak doesnt drop every time QM spawns. You will be lucky to see one QM spawn every 45 min or so given the patch changes, and it usually takes at least 3-4 QM spawns to get the peggy cloak, unless you're super lucky. I got two cloaks in four hours before the patch, and now I can only assume it will take longer. Good luck getting someone to do that for 8k.

Coolname
08-05-2013, 11:59 PM
come at me with 50k

McGarnicle
08-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Hm... seems like that was what someone paid just last week.. I know cloak doesn't drop every time. Since it was 4k before, I figured double the price would suffice.. In either case. Keep comments like "good luck with that ridiculous price" out of someone's thread in EC forum and PM them instead. I did say to PM me to DISCUSS it further, as in.. 8k isn't my final offer.

zanderklocke
08-06-2013, 01:08 AM
I like how my price of 4K became the rule of thumb for everyone on the server. I just made up that arbitrary amount (which was 3.5K at one point) because most people used to charge 5K, and I wanted nonstop business ha.

If you are helping with your cloak, only need 3 people, so 2K a person would be 6K.

3 people on spawn points and one bard/druid/ranger killing the calf and lioness placeholder...which are a bit harder to find now.

I'm showing Alorae, who has another thread somewhere about buying a cloak, how to find placeholders probably some time this weekend. Maybe you two could join up.

NGHpnotiq
08-06-2013, 03:51 AM
Zanderr I remember when you started this Service! I seem to also remember showing you the spawn mechanics! I can't remember though if I was on Kaptan(druid) Brewdal(bard) or Handsom(monk)!

Good to see you kept up on it.

sulpher01
08-06-2013, 05:21 AM
I needs me a cloak too <3

McGarnicle
08-06-2013, 09:50 AM
I wasn't quoting your price of 4k as the standard, Zander.. I honestly felt that was the most fair price with the amount of time put in. I believe for services like this, a 2k(max) per hour rate is acceptable since that's twice the amount someone can make "consistently" (meaning things like Hill Giants cash flow, not items like Fungi/FBSS) whilst farming something else. I actually paid 2k (voluntarily) to the druid that helped me obtain cloak pre-patch last time although it figures he hasn't been on since then.

Someone else is selling services for the cloak for 15k at this time and I am not totally sure I want to spend that much yet. I would really like to hear from some people how long it takes to spawn Quillmane now as opposed to a month ago.

Zander, I am lvl 1 currently but that's why I was paying for 4 people. Although I can at least sit at a spawn location at that level so maybe 3 is doable. However, with the current state of finding PH's, would two people be a lot better nowadays to look for them?

Wotsirb401
08-06-2013, 10:00 AM
I like how my price of 4K became the rule of thumb for everyone on the server. I just made up that arbitrary amount (which was 3.5K at one point) because most people used to charge 5K, and I wanted nonstop business ha.

If you are helping with your cloak, only need 3 people, so 2K a person would be 6K.

3 people on spawn points and one bard/druid/ranger killing the calf and lioness placeholder...which are a bit harder to find now.

I'm showing Alorae, who has another thread somewhere about buying a cloak, how to find placeholders probably some time this weekend. Maybe you two could join up.

I would be down to help Zander, I am still in need of one since our days just before the patch with IB

zanderklocke
08-06-2013, 12:26 PM
I wasn't quoting your price of 4k as the standard, Zander.. I honestly felt that was the most fair price with the amount of time put in. I believe for services like this, a 2k(max) per hour rate is acceptable since that's twice the amount someone can make "consistently" (meaning things like Hill Giants cash flow, not items like Fungi/FBSS) whilst farming something else. I actually paid 2k (voluntarily) to the druid that helped me obtain cloak pre-patch last time although it figures he hasn't been on since then.

Someone else is selling services for the cloak for 15k at this time and I am not totally sure I want to spend that much yet. I would really like to hear from some people how long it takes to spawn Quillmane now as opposed to a month ago.

Zander, I am lvl 1 currently but that's why I was paying for 4 people. Although I can at least sit at a spawn location at that level so maybe 3 is doable. However, with the current state of finding PH's, would two people be a lot better nowadays to look for them?

You could easily guard one of the south spawns and have a placeholder killer run over when Quillmane spawns.

In regards to two people doing placeholders, it might be easier to have two but not entirely sure. I believe the lioness and calf are both wanderers in the same area. Not sure if two people running around checking mobs in the same area would help much more. Honestly though, bard would probably be best for this. I'm thinking about making a guide about this in which I highlight placeholder regions and corrected Quillmane paths because the wiki is somewhat wrong on Quillmane's pathing.

Most useful tip that I don't care if people know about I'm done selling cloaks for cash. Placeholders can be targeted by a hotkey with the macro "/target #" with no quotes. This will automatically target the correct lioness and calf (Only one of each can be up at a time, and they will continue to spawn regardless of Quillmane spawning). Seriously, this is the most important thing to know about spawning Quillmane. This was necessary to figure out which lioness to kill in the past, but eventually I didn't need it anymore because I memorized all of the random pathing the lioness could do. I can show you these pathing a for free in game or I'll make a guide if there is enough interest.

My theory about new calf is that is similar or maybe even identical pathing to the lioness in terms of spawn spots. This will need to be tested. However, the hotkey macro still works to target the calf.

P.S. Sorry about assuming you were quoting my price; it was just a coincidence that the price you listed was the price I had in my thread.

NGHpnotiq
08-06-2013, 12:42 PM
I can show you these pathing a for free in game or I'll make a guide if there is enough interest.

I think a guide would be the most beneficial to the server! Please do Zander

zanderklocke
08-06-2013, 12:46 PM
I think a guide would be the most beneficial to the server! Please do Zander

Alright, give me an hour or two and I'll make a thread in server chat and put a link in this thread. Everyone deserves a chance to a reasonably priced cloak, as it is an essential end game item.

McGarnicle
08-06-2013, 12:52 PM
My theory about new calf is that is similar or maybe even identical pathing to the lioness in terms of spawn spots. This will need to be tested. However, the hotkey macro still works to target the calf.

This really doesn't sound all that more difficult than the old method. Long as the tracker uses /target # then finding the PH's are fairly easy. It probably takes almost twice as long but in my opinion I don't think it is worthy of paying over 10k for. I think the problem right now is that no body is willing to learn the pathing and sell this as a service in your stead so demand has skyrocketed past supply. I think a new guide would be very good for the server.

Lemiddar
08-06-2013, 01:26 PM
This really doesn't sound all that more difficult than the old method. Long as the tracker uses /target # then finding the PH's are fairly easy. It probably takes almost twice as long but in my opinion I don't think it is worthy of paying over 10k for. I think the problem right now is that no body is willing to learn the pathing and sell this as a service in your stead so demand has skyrocketed past supply. I think a new guide would be very good for the server.

Yeah, the spawn change isn't a big deal. It means you might need two trackers if you insist on killing both the calf and lioness, but that's it. The calf spawns are still contained in the southern half of the zone, it's generally unnecessary to go past PAW - although one calf spawn does roam slightly past there, so it might be the first time to get things started. (Not that I took a look or anything...)

FWIW 8k is a completely fair offer, and I agree no one should pay more than 10k. Double the 4-5k price for double the trackers. The biggest reason for me hating the idea of Quillmane is the botched tracking right now, not the spawn change. I just don't trust it.

zanderklocke
08-06-2013, 02:16 PM
https://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1063641#post1063641

Here is my guide I just made.

McGarnicle
08-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Bump. Still looking atm.

McGarnicle
08-27-2013, 11:08 PM
^

McGarnicle
08-28-2013, 10:43 PM
^

mefdinkins
08-29-2013, 01:38 AM
hi

I have a 53 druid and a 44 (quickly rising monk).

I am definitely interested in camping this out one day with a group; I can track/help and then I would switch to my monk so I could get one on him.

McGarnicle
08-29-2013, 09:12 PM
Sounds good. Anyone else maybe? (bump)

McGarnicle
08-30-2013, 01:58 AM
1 or 2 more maybe and we can simply make this a free to all event for 4 or 5 people.

McGarnicle
08-31-2013, 01:01 AM
^

McGarnicle
08-31-2013, 11:07 PM
^

McGarnicle
09-01-2013, 10:04 PM
^

CharlesBarkley
09-01-2013, 10:10 PM
i need one still, would take my 59 rogue to help