PDA

View Full Version : Why not enabeled shared bank?

heartbrand
08-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Wouldn't that solve like a ton of the fraud that happens on server? Just a thought.

edit: lol typo in subject O WELL

McGarnicle
08-06-2013, 02:07 PM
It would. Dunno how people would feel about it being not classic though. Especially since it would almost completely eliminate the need for evil races to work on faction in places like freeport. Just put items in bank wherever you are then log to mule etc. All account selling would prob be via mules to be honest. Extremely convenient yes, classic no.

senna
08-06-2013, 02:13 PM
most people just get their EC trader accounts exempted then transfer with that

shits classic

Nikon
08-06-2013, 02:13 PM
It's been brought up many times and comes down to a 'no, it's not classic' response.

Ele
08-06-2013, 02:24 PM
If anything, we need to disable moving of items in banked containers (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=90105). You had to pull those containers out of bank before being able to remove the item from said container. Not changed until mid-Velious.

Aaron
08-06-2013, 02:34 PM
I prefer fixing of stuff that's already broken and wokring on Velious content over both of these suggestions. Kinda tired of pointless nerfs in the name of Classic that have no effect on overall gameplay.

Ele
08-06-2013, 02:37 PM
I prefer fixing of stuff that's already broken and wokring on Velious content over both of these suggestions. Kinda tired of pointless nerfs in the name of Classic that have no effect on overall gameplay.

Bug report team is different from the Velious dev team.

McGarnicle
08-06-2013, 02:37 PM

I had no idea people got ip exemptions just for this purpose.

Ele
08-06-2013, 02:39 PM

shits classic

I had no idea people got ip exemptions just for this purpose.

Good way to lose both accounts. Don't do this.

Aaron
08-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Bug report team is different from the Velious dev team.

Bug report team could also be fixing 'real' bugs instead of making bank inventory harder to move around. There are plenty of actual bugs that affect gameplay. Bearskin Potion bags still don't work, for example.

maker
08-06-2013, 02:44 PM

shits classic

I read this on the IP exception forums from Zade's post.

Can I log in my wife/sister/brother/husband (etc) account to do trades?
Big no here. Any time one person accesses two accounts for ANY reason is grounds for suspension and removal of IP exemptions. It does not matter the reason why it was done. Any time a single player is playing more then one character, it is considered boxing. We will find you, and we will suspend you. -insert Liam Neeson 'Taken" jpeg- *** TO CLARIFY FOR THOSE OF WHO WHO DO NOT UNDERSTAND: One person can not play more then one character. You can log into any account you want as long as you play just one character at a time.

The post was from 2009, is this changed now?

Ele
08-06-2013, 02:47 PM
The post was from 2009, is this changed now?

No, don't do it.

August
08-06-2013, 03:00 PM
No, don't do it.

Hard to enforce, shouldn't do it, but I also feel like it's not really the 'spirit' of boxing that we were trying to eliminate.

My wife and I play. She's on her character in EC and I went to Grobb to pick up her lvl 39 shaman spells. I gate back to EC, but she left her computer to take a shower. I put the spells up in her trade window and press trade. If i walk over to her computer and press trade (note, I'm not at my computer logged and able to control my character - i'm now at her computer) - am I breaking this violation? I'm not really 'boxing' but she's not attending her computer. Technically you could say that I am 'AFK' on my box and now actively playing her computer.

I think this falls into the same category as 'don't box'. I think it would be wrong for me to be logged into both characters, buffing our toons, and leveling without her being there - and I think that's what the no boxing is really all about. However in the above scenario? I think it's a shade of grey.

--August

senna
08-06-2013, 03:03 PM
I was kidding guys.. sweet jesus

It still happens though no doubt

Clark
08-06-2013, 03:05 PM

shits classic

ya there have been so many people boxing lately is fucking stupid

where have the GMs been, takes 2 seconds to GM invis mode and watch people

Hazek
08-06-2013, 03:10 PM

They work for free. I'm sure they still put in plenty of effort to stop it.

Sarius
08-06-2013, 03:19 PM

I hope that you are reporting the instances you see in order to at least attempt to get the two boxer's IP exemption removed. This is one of the biggest reasons why I personally love this server and hate live.

Tattle all day, I have no problem with doing it.

Nietche
08-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Hard to enforce, shouldn't do it, but I also feel like it's not really the 'spirit' of boxing that we were trying to eliminate.

My wife and I play. She's on her character in EC and I went to Grobb to pick up her lvl 39 shaman spells. I gate back to EC, but she left her computer to take a shower. I put the spells up in her trade window and press trade. If i walk over to her computer and press trade (note, I'm not at my computer logged and able to control my character - i'm now at her computer) - am I breaking this violation? I'm not really 'boxing' but she's not attending her computer. Technically you could say that I am 'AFK' on my box and now actively playing her computer.

I think this falls into the same category as 'don't box'. I think it would be wrong for me to be logged into both characters, buffing our toons, and leveling without her being there - and I think that's what the no boxing is really all about. However in the above scenario? I think it's a shade of grey.

--August

I pretty much agree with you. But as Ele stated, don't do it. I don't think GM's will indulge too far down that slippery slope.

A1551
08-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Bug report team could also be fixing 'real' bugs instead of making bank inventory harder to move around. There are plenty of actual bugs that affect gameplay. Bearskin Potion bags still don't work, for example.

Its already fixed pending a patch.