PDA

View Full Version : Improving faction in Felwithe (as a Necro) for Mystic Cloak quest?

medievalerror
08-07-2013, 06:00 PM
So, I want to work on the Mystic Cloak quest (which, it seems, necromancers can use, but I am having trouble doing the quest). I read that you could turn in batwings in Felwithe for faction improvement. However, my attempts at this continue to fail. I first tried turning them into Niola Impholder while Feign-Death'd, but that didn't work. Next, I tried FDing, handing them to her, and then un-FDing and handing them to her. That also failed. Finally, I tried to hand them in after FDing then un-FDing behind her and starting the trade window when not FD. In all of these attempts, I was standing behind her. Each attempt failed (during the last, I bit the dust). Any suggestions on how a necromancer can do this quest and/or improve Felwithe faction?

Estu
08-07-2013, 06:04 PM
You can't do quest turn-ins with Feign Death. You can do them with Sneak, but as a necro you don't have that. So your options would be to improve faction some other way, or to charm the quest NPCs with puppet strings. Or to use an illusion - get a druid to share wolf form you.

medievalerror
08-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Aha, wolf form! Thanks =)

heartbrand
08-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Get someone to lend you an AoN

medievalerror
08-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Get someone to lend you an AoN

If AoN works, would necro skellie illusion @ level 34 also work?

Boilon
08-07-2013, 08:46 PM
I honestly don't know any necros in my guild or otherwise that have done this quest. I suppose wolf form MIGHT be possible but you would have to check if any of the npcs are kos to you, some npcs are with wolf form.
Skeleton form definitely changed npc factions sometimes but I can't say if it works for this npc.

Please let us know what you find out!

heartbrand
08-07-2013, 09:14 PM
I can confirm at least that I used the earth elemental clicky from CT to do this on my dark elf. Non race illusions iirc on p99 basically remove the race element of your faction checks. If you worship innoruuk though this may still be not doable.

medievalerror
08-07-2013, 11:05 PM
If you worship innoruuk though this may still be not doable.

Bertoxxulous :(

Eras
08-08-2013, 12:48 AM
If you only need Indifferent have an Enchanter charm the NPC then gate out :)

Nuggie
08-08-2013, 01:13 AM
Eras, hook it up. I wanna go hand with my fair skinned brothers!

Rasah
08-08-2013, 09:49 AM
As long as they don't attack you, you can have someone invis you after you hand in item but before you hit give. I was able to hide on my DE, and only needed the erudin mob charmed.

Wotsirb401
08-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Hmm I just saw this, I am going to do the quest on my necromancer! Do you only need indiff?