PDA

View Full Version : A nerf or check system for epic MQs?

botrainer
08-08-2013, 02:39 AM
Im posting this to check the waters of for or agaist nerfs for MQs or putting in a system that can also farther help stop the RMT's. My ideas have been upto this point are...

A. Requirement of everyone being 46 plus for epic. (my lease favorite idea)
B. Nerfing the ability to do MQs as any class (I.E. must be the rog to do rog MQs)
C. Nerfing the ability turn in any epic item (NPC require all epic items to be turn in at once)

I know alot of people will rave "That's not classic!! That's not classic!!"

Hate to break it to ya neather sitting without opening ur spell bookto med classic, or UI most people are using(some people even have the spell name displayed for them WOO!, Nor is people being aware of pending / up coming nerfs to over farm items before the nerf as well...Those things is what made EQ, EQ. Things like Manastone, and DE mask, Wurmslayer, Mosscovered Twig, and Invis pulling were striped from us without much knowledge of it happening.

To better help tame this RMTs and ways of making quick cash(or plat) or running the tables with epic mobs nerfing the MQs in some form would help greatly...To help the common players (the players who play less then 20 hours weekly, Not the players who play 94 hours a week) want to play more, level higher, and possibliy go for their epic then say bah, who cares to play on this server if 5 level 60s rape the epic mob once it spawns to sell it to the highest bidder. (or give to an alt they never play)

What are some other thoughts on gettting this stuff under control? Just my thoughts on controlling the "Out of control" RMT that are commonly talked about...Its a step GMs really gotta consider if they do care to stop these sort of things from happening just break from the "That isnt classic" idea for a moment. Now that Account trades were bann, lets send a nerf out with it.

Nirgon
08-08-2013, 02:48 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-4263-I-expect-nothing-and-still-I-m-IOBD.jpeg

Suwu
08-08-2013, 03:01 AM
Seems like your talking about two different issues.

Issue #1 RMT

Issue #2 MQing epics

They have nothing to do with each other. If a player wants to spend 50k on an epic and not do the work they should have that option. Your argument makes no sense, I feel like MQing epics benefits those players that are casual as you don't have spend the time performing the quest, just save some money.

fastboy21
08-08-2013, 03:46 AM
I'd go farther and say the real problem isn't RMT or the ability to MQ...

its that the server has been stuck on content for too long, and gear/quest bits that should be highly sought after in this era are slipping into the market on a regular basis due to everyone and their uncle having done the quest on their main (and many of their alts) already.

Nyrod
08-08-2013, 06:17 AM
winter is coming

ncapatina
08-08-2013, 06:48 AM
Despite the fact you are trying to couch the blow I'll go ahead and say it...

That's not classic.

There are plenty of other options to choose from if you want to play someones vision of the game and how it could be improved. This is all about duplicating the experience many of us had back in 1999-2001 EQ era. That includes the good and the bad. The bad is honestly more important because it preserves the integrity of the server. It also makes it satisfying when good things happen.

I haven't been on the server long but I've been pretty active reading the forums to help integrate myself with the community. One thing I've noticed is there seems to be a decent amount of people who post and also who I've grouped with in-game who are here just because it is the most populated emulated server. Just the name of the server should be a pretty clear indication what they're trying to do here.

A lot of the non classic things you mentioned are of the technical nature. These are obstacles that have yet to be overcome, not conscious decisions. As for the item issues, while I agree that definitely puts those items on a short list of perma camped items, there is no reasonable way to deal with it other than the way it has been done. Perfection will never be achieved, but it is always the goal.

fastboy21
08-08-2013, 10:14 AM
winter is coming

even when Winter comes, the issue of time for this server being out of whack will still be present. unlike most modern EQ expansions Velious did not make Kunark content irrelevant.

Most guilds were not decked out in end-game Kunark (including VP) when Velious launched. Epic quests were still the best in slot (for most classes, by far) for several expansions. Etc.

I'm not sure how you can address this situation on a static classic server...once Velious does come out the server will be in a permanent final state. the only real way to preserve the actual game play experience from live, imo, would be to actually start a new server and follow the exact time line. The devs have stated that this is not going to happen.

Its not really a problem, its more like the nature of a server that was designed and launched to never go past Velious content. The OP raises a fair concern, but unless the devs deviate from their intended vision I don't think the situation will get any better and, in fact, will see more legit MQ'ing and sale of very high end items as time goes on.

Wotsirb401
08-08-2013, 10:39 AM
there will be soo many no drops sold to the highest bidder when winter comes. Or even MQing of class armor etc