Krankor
08-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Wow, this was just broadcast in game.

http://i.imgur.com/eQPOYNQ.jpg

t0lkien
08-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Wow, this was just broadcast in game.

http://i.imgur.com/eQPOYNQ.jpg

Actually, that's a nice way to deal with it IMO. If you buy an MQ, it's on you.

Swish
08-10-2013, 12:34 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=118026

Acrux Bcrux
08-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Too bad this and account trading ban should have happened like, i dont know, 3 years ago.

Vianna
08-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Server is becoming better by the day imo. Just a few more changes need to be made.

NegaStoat
08-10-2013, 01:30 PM
This is a pretty great solution. Minimal effort on the part of the staff, maximum results from the paranoia of a prospective buyer.

timhutton
08-10-2013, 01:39 PM
This is a pretty great solution. Minimal effort on the part of the staff, maximum results from the paranoia of a prospective buyer.

Agreed. I haven't done much poking around or research on it (been busy on another topic..) but in Ephi's post he stated "as it was on live".

If that's the case then hell yes, this change is awesome x1000! :)

Good work.

webrunner5
08-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Do you see a trend on here?? More and more hands off. I don't blame them a bit. Takes too much time out of their RL. So don't hold your breath about the Raid scene changing. :rolleyes:

Thulack
08-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Do you see a trend on here?? More and more hands off. I don't blame them a bit. Takes too much time out of their RL. So don't hold your breath about the Raid scene changing. :rolleyes:

Brut
08-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Fortunately we have a tight knit community that'll shun and reject any players who'd try to rip people off, instead of them bragging about it and getting praised on a lousy troll subforum.

Good stuff, was always confused hearing that people would petition when they botched their turnins. Should be careful or lose it.

Tecmos Deception
They wouldn't need to be "hands on" to effect changes in the raid scene, really. They'd just have to (finally) implement simulated patch days and/or reduce variance.

Cecily
Kinda sucks. The Kedge Robe is nearly impossible for rogues to get in their inventory.

webrunner5
08-10-2013, 02:34 PM
They wouldn't need to be "hands on" to effect changes in the raid scene, really. They'd just have to (finally) implement simulated patch days and/or reduce variance.

Tecmos I know how you feel and I agree. But I am not up on how this would work. So maybe it is harder than we think to do?? :( Not without a lot of "hands on" like you suggest.

It would appear that the Titanium Client takes a lot more work to strip out normal EQ progression codes then Nilbog or Rogean figured. And some things Nilbog wants to happen are not even possible. Not that they had a way to chose another client. Look what has happened with Toop on the Sleeper Server. Takes a crapload of work. As far as I know all of the servers that come up when you log in are all based on Titanium Client. Hell maybe even EQmac. I run it on my PC. Can not be far off.

Ephi
08-10-2013, 03:02 PM

This is off topic and does not belong in this thread.

Arrisard
08-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Good.

Staff on Live were 99% useless for actual issues that we've come to take for granted here on P99. Petitions for botched MQs, trade scammers, lost drop transfers, summoning rotted corpses were met 99 time out of a 100 with a polite "fuck off". Not saying it never happened, there was some discretion here and there, but it was definitely not common place. The line was if you dropped something on the ground and the server went down/couldn't log on or you hit the trade button that was a done deal regardless of what was "said" between parties so you better be sure of what you were doing.

It's what drove the community into actually giving a fuck about reputation and community was what drove EQ. Trust was an important commodity for not just sellers but also buyers, I mean people didn't sell string charges like they do here when there was a good chance if some random level 50 stranger walked off with your strings you were simply out of luck.

The more the GMs take their hands off of issues that should be in the hands of the players the better in the long run. Less work for them and more classic for us.

fastboy21
08-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Kinda sucks. The Kedge Robe is nearly impossible for rogues to get in their inventory.

You can still MQ the robe. They are saying that if you make a mistake or EQ acts like EQ and just eats your robe/other bits that they will not help you.

MQ at your own risk. Only with high rep folks. Do it sparingly and expect to sometimes lose your stuff.

fastboy21
08-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Good.

Staff on Live were 99% useless for actual issues that we've come to take for granted here on P99. Petitions for botched MQs, trade scammers, lost drop transfers, summoning rotted corpses were met 99 time out of a 100 with a polite "fuck off". Not saying it never happened, there was some discretion here and there, but it was definitely not common place. The line was if you dropped something on the ground and the server went down/couldn't log on or you hit the trade button that was a done deal regardless of what was "said" between parties so you better be sure of what you were doing.

It's what drove the community into actually giving a fuck about reputation and community was what drove EQ. Trust was an important commodity for not just sellers but also buyers, I mean people didn't sell string charges like they do here when there was a good chance if some random level 50 stranger walked off with your strings you were simply out of luck.

The more the GMs take their hands off of issues that should be in the hands of the players the better in the long run. Less work for them and more classic for us.

This is still how it is on live, technically. If you submit a ticket today for a batched MQ turn in you should get something like this from CSR: "Greetings! Please be aware that we do not provide any assistance for issues with multi-questing. Please do not participate in this type of behavior in the future." They will then usually give you the bits back. I'm not sure when they started item reimbursement. It was like this circa 2011-2012, not sure if anything changed since then.

Very good change for p99 imo.

Langrisser
08-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Great change! I must be dreaming still. Willing to share my meds with anyone who needs them because of this change. Sorry naysayers. Thanks GMs!

fastboy21
08-11-2013, 03:36 AM
Found this from the current live EQ knowledge base, fyi:

"Please also be aware that any items that are lost or a reward given to the wrong person due to Multi-Questing (having other players turn in No-Trade quest items for you, so you don't have to obtain those items yourself) will not be transferred or reimbursed."

https://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/kw/multi%20quest/p/1