PDA

View Full Version : Stat buffs on pets

Norathorr
08-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Does casting stat buffs on pets make a difference at all? I started to question the validity when I cast a sta buff on my pet and unlike when I cast it on a normal toon, it did not seem to show that the pet had any added hp to its hp pool. Like say when I cast sta on someone they might be showing 100% hp and when sta lands they would show 95 till they regen the new hp back.

Tecmos Deception
08-12-2013, 09:25 AM
I know that I tested giving pets +hp items (I think I was using adamantite bands) by charming low-level mobs in EC near WFP, and when I initially handed 1/2 rings to a charmed pet, there would be no change to his hp. But as soon as I broke charm, the mob's current hp would drop as if he had suddenly gained the appropriate amount of max hp from the item I gave him.

Not sure if stat buffs have a similar effect on pets.

Can't remember if we tried attacking the pet via /duel between giving him the items and breaking charm to see if the HP were actually updated, just not reflected in the UI, or not.

SamwiseRed
08-12-2013, 10:54 AM
not sure, only buffs i would ever give pet is maybe hp (if tanking) and str. also dex if they have mage swords but not sure if it helps or not. i think STA and all the other stats would be a waste on them.

Jimjam
08-14-2013, 11:19 AM
back in the day eqshamans did a parse that showed casting agi on the wolf pet made it take more hits :S

Estu
08-14-2013, 12:44 PM
back in the day eqshamans did a parse that showed casting agi on the wolf pet made it take more hits :S

Hahaha. Probably small sample size though. Don't trust data without confidence intervals!

lecompte
08-14-2013, 12:44 PM
I sta buffed a pet yesterday (I only buff pets due to the newb buffing nerfs), not sure if it didn't anything cause I put tal on it first. I'll test it out.