PDA

View Full Version : Shaman Epic - What's in a MQ?

August
08-12-2013, 06:52 PM
So my wife and I have been playing SK/SHM combo and everyone is telling me SHM epic is so easy I can do it by the time she's 46.

I looked up the epic itself and while not outrageous, it has a lot of steps.

I've asked some high levels with epics and they tell me 'just grind the faction'. - I see MQ for 30k. Am I missing something? Am I able to just do some simple quest and bypass the majority of the content?

Thanks,

August

Sarius
08-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Yes, you have to do a simple quest a few times to max out your faction. You can choose any step to rinse and repeat as long as faction is one of the rewards. Then you either need to get a Childs Tear from fear and do the final fight in CoM or buy the MQ. Gl!

phobus
08-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Basically, you can repeat any step of the quest as many times as you wish. The final step of the quest is to hand in an Iksar child's tear to Lord Rak'Ashiir, kill him, and hand in his scale to an NPC in Emerald Jungle. All that is required to do these two hand-ins successfully is max faction (or very close in the case of the first one; just max it to be safe) and the items themselves.

Most other quests are 'chained' together, i.e. mob A drops item B which you turn in for item C which you turn in for item D, etc. etc. etc. The Shaman epic is a little different; the iksar broodling in Plane of Fear can spawn after any golem kill. You don't need to have completed any of the quest at all to loot a tear.

Conky
08-13-2013, 07:19 AM
I just got mine done on my level 20 shaman I ported to BB and killed pegleg and gated back to EC, brought the tiny gem to the guy in the sewers in FP and repeat 75 times until max faction, give or take 1 or 2. I then bought the MQ and turned it in to the spirit sentinel in EJ and got my epic.

Growlers
08-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Don't miss out on your clicky sow boots from the dire wolf quest in MM.

mgellan
08-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I did the boots then skipped directly to Rak'Ashiir by doing the gem turnin about 75 times (I'm bound at the pots so turnaround was fast) - if you aren't potbound you might want to do CoM books instead, you need to be higher level but much less travelling. Just make sure you're max faction on Truspirit (IE when you do the turnin it says your faction cannot go any higher)

Regards,
Mg

jcmtg
08-27-2013, 05:22 PM
You can bind at the tele pots in TD??

this user was banned
08-27-2013, 05:26 PM
You can bind at the tele pots in TD??

You can't anymore but you use to be able to.

Swish
08-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Paying to MQ a shaman epic.... /facepalm :(

Want me to log in and play for you sometime as well?

Lojik
08-28-2013, 11:49 AM

Do you even play your own characters anymore?

Conky
09-02-2013, 08:38 AM

When you are not part of a raiding guild and only have 1-2hours a day to play its a lot easier to farm money and get an MQ.

csc2153
10-19-2013, 04:11 PM

I highly suggest you seek rewards in hard work in things like...real life maybe? This is a game. Games are supposed to be fun. You assume there is only a single definition for this word. But, big surprise kid, there isn't. So please run behind your mommy's legs for protection from a world that seems to surprise you. Sorry it wasn't all as you expect it to be.

Ball in your court now. err Playpin maybe...