PDA

View Full Version : Epic Quest Difficulty Ranking

Leddy
08-12-2013, 10:03 PM
I know that some epics are easier than others.
Rogue = Super Easy
Bard = Super Annoying.. etc... etc...

What would you guys rank in order of class as the easiest and most difficult epic quests and why?

Pringles
08-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Its all perspective..... a hard epic for the majority of us, is no big deal for those with raid mobs on lock down.

Leddy
08-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Yes, but overall some quests are more difficult than others aside from locked down raid mobs.

Tecmos Deception
08-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Hard: Necro, wizard, magician, druid, ranger, SK, bard, warrior
Moderate: Enchanter, cleric, monk, paladin
Easy: Shaman and rogue

Hard are hard because they require 1+ raid boss kills.
Moderate kinda require a raid boss (cleric) or have some annoying fights (enchanter) or are pretty simple but not so easy that they should share the same tier as shaman and rogue. Limited/no MQ for paladin and chanter too, respectively.
Easy? Rogue has hardly any steps and only general fight really requires outside help. Shaman just needs a couple easy fights and some solo faction work while XPing.

More or less.

Peekae
08-12-2013, 10:32 PM
warrior requires Green scales + hand unless you wanna throw 700k at it idk if i would consider it same level as monks / pallies / clerics

edit: Maestro easy enough but for green scales unless you are killing Druushk green scales can be hard to find

Tecmos Deception
08-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Eh, yeah, I forget the scales and hand are as hard/expensive to get as they are. Editing.

SyanideGas
08-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Rogue>Monk>Shaman in that order of being easy imo

pasi
08-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Difficulty (from highest to lowest)

Highly Contested Raid Drops that are not sold Tier:
Wizard > Necromancer > Shadowknight

Highly Contested Raid Drops that are sold Tier:
Magician > Druid > Ranger > Warrior > Bard

(Judging off frequency of sales and price).

Easy Tier
Enchanter > Paladin > Cleric

Free Tier:
Shaman = Monk > Rogue

Tecmos Deception
08-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Its all perspective..... a hard epic for the majority of us, is no big deal for those with raid mobs on lock down.

It would be no big deal for you either, if you put in the time and effort to get into one of those guilds and spend time tracking/raiding with them until they felt you were deserving of one of those drops. The fact that they aren't doable without that time and effort is what makes them count as hard, regardless of your "perspective."

Arteker
08-12-2013, 10:49 PM
1- necro- multiple raid mobs with big tables. and a sky item wich sadly is excellent.
2-bard- eldrig can be a pain and the sheer big trouble is getting trak guts.
3-wizard, several hard to find items from different mobs with hugue loot tables venril ct.
4-druid- less complicated than wizard still need 2 raid mobs with hugue tables but in general easier.
5-magician paired with wiz druid in terms of troubles, although the biggest bottleneck in live was here the easiest part, quilmane.
6-warrior - super conetsted but not as hard as people think main drawbacks are , hand and scale,(wich i gotta ask when was nortlav the scalekeeper introduced?.
7-paladin - long repop timer in quest mobs 7+days, the books here are not as hard to get as they where in live due to 3 years of farming of kunark.
8-cleric - once maybe one of the hardest due to how contested was and the fact in live most guilds need to find hire noobs to depop nagy, nowdays very easy chardok isnt as big issue as it was.
9-ranger realy easy quests main drwback the innoruck seoc.
10- not very hard but due to popularity in the class verina tomb is super disputed . getting wraith and essence isnt as big to was in the past with regualr planar farming.
11-shaman, one of the easiest, lots of travel but in general easier as the tear is easy to get . fear isnt as scary used to be and final figth is a nuisance.
12-rogue final figth and not much else maybe easiest one.

zanderklocke
08-12-2013, 11:24 PM
1- necro- multiple raid mobs with big tables. and a sky item wich sadly is excellent.
2-bard- eldrig can be a pain and the sheer big trouble is getting trak guts.
3-wizard, several hard to find items from different mobs with hugue loot tables venril ct.
4-druid- less complicated than wizard still need 2 raid mobs with hugue tables but in general easier.
5-magician paired with wiz druid in terms of troubles, although the biggest bottleneck in live was here the easiest part, quilmane.
6-warrior - super conetsted but not as hard as people think main drawbacks are , hand and scale,(wich i gotta ask when was nortlav the scalekeeper introduced?.
7-paladin - long repop timer in quest mobs 7+days, the books here are not as hard to get as they where in live due to 3 years of farming of kunark.
8-cleric - once maybe one of the hardest due to how contested was and the fact in live most guilds need to find hire noobs to depop nagy, nowdays very easy chardok isnt as big issue as it was.
9-ranger realy easy quests main drwback the innoruck seoc.
10- not very hard but due to popularity in the class verina tomb is super disputed . getting wraith and essence isnt as big to was in the past with regualr planar farming.
11-shaman, one of the easiest, lots of travel but in general easier as the tear is easy to get . fear isnt as scary used to be and final figth is a nuisance.
12-rogue final figth and not much else maybe easiest one.

I would bump ranger to just up above warrior. You left out monk, but I'd put it on same as enchanter.

Bard is hard, but I'm not sure it's number 2 hard. White dragon scale and trak guts are the hard part. Maybe put just above mage? Simply for the fact that trak has shorter window than other targets and both red and white dragonscales can be obtained from multiple mobs and are tradeable. Furthermore, Eldrig is not that bad.

Autotune
08-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Necro hands down, #1 pita.

I would bet money, that if you had all fresh lvl 60s it would take the necro, on average, longer to get the drops than the other classes.

pasi
08-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Necro hands down, #1 pita.

I would bet money, that if you had all fresh lvl 60s it would take the necro, on average, longer to get the drops than the other classes.

Yeah, I was having a tough time deciding whether to rank necro or wizard #1. VS is crazy contested, but my reasoning was that there were residual slime bloods and eyes from pre-kunark whereas there was no Cazic Skin.

Thulack
08-12-2013, 11:55 PM

Easy Tier

Free Tier:
Shaman = Monk > Rogue

This seems like best listing i saw. And to the person who put ranger easier then Cleric? Ranger requires piece from Inny and piece from VS that is also used for Druid Epic.

Borador
08-13-2013, 01:30 AM
Back in the day on live my Rogue drank the milk waiting for Eldreth. Rough times.

Calabee
08-13-2013, 01:36 AM
most if not all these becomes super easy in velious, unless tmo cockblocks some more

Autotune
08-13-2013, 02:14 AM
Yeah, I was having a tough time deciding whether to rank necro or wizard #1. VS is crazy contested, but my reasoning was that there were residual slime bloods and eyes from pre-kunark whereas there was no Cazic Skin.

Eh, bloods and eyes weren't dropping prekunark here (least none that I remember and if there were any, they didn't get used).

Ele
08-13-2013, 10:40 AM

Skin/Slime Blood and Eyes/Emeralds were added to CT/Inny with epic patch.

Wizards did have a head start here with Blue Crystal Staves dropping from Phinny and Gnarled Staff from Venril before the epic patch. They should have also been 2hb until just before Velious (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77442).

Yibz
08-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Bard requires drops from 3 dragons (4 if you count phinny). If you dont plan on buying pieces necro and bard are clearly the most difficult.

Wotsirb401
08-13-2013, 11:13 AM
VS is pretty easy to get, as long as you are tracking and have a few groups to kill. hell you could stall tank him for days with necros, clerics and da idols

Wotsirb401
08-13-2013, 11:17 AM
It is funny to look at the epics, the hardest one to get based on people's reactions is one of the worst and non- game changing epics. (Necro) will still just throw pet toss heals/ dots and transfer mana

Splorf22
08-13-2013, 11:25 AM
I've always thought that the real necro epic is the VP staff.

Tecmos Deception
08-13-2013, 11:30 AM
I've always thought that the real necro epic is the VP staff.

Ridiculously awesome clicky and way cheaper than a duckstaff MQ to boot!

Lostprophets
08-13-2013, 11:33 AM
From Hardest to Easiest obtaining on P99, with the Hold Ups.

1.) Necro - Inny / CT
2.) Wizard - VS / CT
3.) Bard - Trak
4.) Shadow Knight - CT
5.) Ranger - Inny / VS
6.) Druid - Fay / VS
7.) Warrior - Maestro / Sev
8.) Magician - Inny
9.) Enchanter - Level 46
10.) Monk - Xenovorash/Robes (Not hard, but Harder/more time consuming than the bottom Four Epics)
11.) Paladin - Level 46
12.) Shaman - Faction
13.) Cleric - Ragefire
14.) Rogue - Free at Level 1

Autotune
08-13-2013, 11:39 AM
It is funny to look at the epics, the hardest one to get based on people's reactions is one of the worst and non- game changing epics. (Necro) will still just throw pet toss heals/ dots and transfer mana

Clicky wise, it is not great (it can still be used in certain situations). However, those stats are beastly.

VP clicky should have been on the epic and epic clicky should have been stuck on the VP staff.

Wotsirb401
08-13-2013, 11:41 AM

1.) Necro - Inny / CT
2.) Wizard - VS / CT
3.) Bard - Trak
4.) Shadow Knight - CT
5.) Ranger - Inny / VS
6.) Druid - Fay / VS
8.) Magician - Inny
9.) Enchanter - Level 46
10.) Monk - Xenovorash/Robes (Not hard, but Harder/more time consuming than the bottom Four Epics)
11.) Paladin - Level 46
12.) Shaman - Faction
13.) Cleric - Ragefire

Warrior also includes red scale which could be either what Tal or Naggy, i think it should be above druid and ranger

Lostprophets
08-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Warrior also includes red scale which could be either what Tal or Naggy, i think it should be above druid and ranger

or Ragefire...that said, it's not a real hold up imo. never was here, theres more red scales floating around to boot, just so many price gougers :p

Autotune
08-13-2013, 11:58 AM
or Ragefire...that said, it's not a real hold up imo. never was here, theres more red scales floating around to boot, just so many price gougers :p

Warrior should be up there (above ranger/druid) due to that chardok royal drop rate, unless the drop rate has been improved.

Inny/fay drops for rangers/druids were common as ever and the VS drop is pretty damn common too (or were back when I played).

Edit: this isn't to say that Warrior is well above them, just that I think it's slightly more of a pita lol.

Ryba
08-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Necro epic is hardest by virtue of how much it lets you down. I bagged the duck and ran around with zlandi heart/hand of the reaper, which looks cooler anyway.

Monk epic is squarely the third easiest after Rogue and Shaman. The hardest part is creating the robes, and that's actually kind of fun. betrayer/pawbuster can be gotten while exping, with a chance at a tstaff or stave. And the difficulty of the Raster camp is overstated: I got him 4 times on live with about 10 total hours of camping. Anecdotal evidence for sure, but if you just terrorize guk while you wait for him the time flies.

The rogue epic strikes me as an apology to rogues for classic melee itemization. It is by far the best epic when the amount of effort to obtain it is considered.

Funkutron5000
08-13-2013, 12:07 PM

1.) Necro - Inny / CT
2.) Wizard - VS / CT
3.) Bard - Trak
4.) Shadow Knight - CT
5.) Ranger - Inny / VS
6.) Druid - Fay / VS
8.) Magician - Inny
9.) Enchanter - Level 46
11.) Paladin - Level 46
12.) Shaman - Faction
13.) Cleric - Ragefire

I'd say the paly epic is tougher than the monk in that it requires 2 dragon drops to make the book of scale, but those seem to be fairly common on the server these days. The real pita for the paly epic is the Lich and the Keeper of the Tombs, in that they're both 1 week spawns that are a pain to find up. Thanks for putting those mobs in Everfrost/ deep in the Hole to make tracking super fun!

Wotsirb401
08-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Yeah, well some people get lucky, so i'm sure this list is based off large sample size. Seeing as i got my warrior epic at level 52, with the queen on my first kill, maestro hand mq'd and green scales were plentiful

Lorraine
08-13-2013, 12:13 PM
11.) Paladin - Level 46

Not sure how monk ranks higher than paladin as more time consuming - both epics are easy to complete, only the paladin one was stuck with 4 (now 3) weekly spawn mobs. Unless you were lucky to be shared approximate respawn timers and have alts/people monitoring spawns there, you were/are in for quite a sitting...

Lojik
08-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Not sure how monk ranks higher than paladin as more time consuming - both epics are easy to complete, only the paladin one was stuck with 4 (now 3) weekly spawn mobs. Unless you were lucky to be shared approximate respawn timers and have alts/people monitoring spawns there, you were/are in for quite a sitting...

Yeah I'd probably have rogue at bottom, then shaman, then monk, then pal/cler not sure which is harder TBH. Probably cleric just cause more clerics so more bottleneck

Ezrick
08-14-2013, 04:17 AM

LOL only on P99.

a_guildmaster_00 Tells you: Go to the lands of commons. There you shall seek out the l33t3st d00d. Once found pay him phat platz and the mighty Sword of Uberness shall be yours!

So, so, sad.

Lostprophets
08-14-2013, 01:05 PM

With repops happening occasionally now it makes it much easier than the average joe camping raster/targin/pipes imo.

contemptor
08-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Warrior should be up there (above ranger/druid) due to that chardok royal drop rate, unless the drop rate has been improved.

Inny/fay drops for rangers/druids were common as ever and the VS drop is pretty damn common too (or were back when I played).

Edit: this isn't to say that Warrior is well above them, just that I think it's slightly more of a pita lol.
TMO (and FE run-offs) sell scales, royals aren't terrible. Only VS stone MQ I've ever seen trolled, err offered for sale, was 800k.

Bantam 1
08-14-2013, 01:36 PM
I think some people miss that there are 2 types of raiders (at least historically) there are the core hard core raiders of any raid guild. They are really what holds the guild together.... and basically they are what determines how "good" the raid guild is.

Then there's the 2nd tier of raiders who still raid and get gear, but not at the same level as the first group. They play overall less, but mean business during raids. These are the folks that burn out easily because they try to become the first group... but if they are patient... they eventually do well.

That 2nd group isn't that hard to become (historically anyway) so that's where perspective comes in (in responses to tecmo's comment).

Pint
08-14-2013, 02:28 PM

Easy Tier

Free Tier:
Shaman = Monk > Rogue

this post is pretty accurate imo

Pint
08-14-2013, 02:43 PM
With repops happening occasionally now it makes it much easier than the average joe camping raster/targin/pipes imo.

you can find monk epics for sale every day of the week

Hitpoint
08-14-2013, 03:23 PM

1.) Necro - Inny / CT
2.) Wizard - VS / CT
3.) Bard - Trak
4.) Shadow Knight - CT
5.) Ranger - Inny / VS
6.) Druid - Fay / VS
8.) Magician - Inny
9.) Enchanter - Level 46
11.) Paladin - Level 46
12.) Shaman - Faction
13.) Cleric - Ragefire

SK over Bard and arguably over Wiz too. Soul Leech is harder to get than bard guts and the wiz drops I think (since one cazic skin works for multiple wiz). CT > Trak/Inny/VS.

Switch cleric and shaman, and paladin over monk. That would be my list.