PDA

View Full Version : Gnome or Human Necros

Messianic
07-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Are either of these able to turn in bone chips and Crushbone belts in Kaladim? Creative googling doesn't appear to give a concrete answer...

HippoNipple
07-13-2010, 09:56 AM
I don't know man but why would you pick something you are going to put so much time into based on a couple of newbie levels. I would just go with the ones that has the stats you want or you like the looks of the most.

Messianic
07-13-2010, 10:00 AM
Eh, looks aren't a huge deal. If it was, i'd go dark elf (still might). I'm not going to be human or gnome based on this information alone - but it's nice to know if anyone has solid experience. If no one who sees this post knows, i'll probably just make a lvl 1 gnome necro and run him to kaladim to see.

Skope
07-13-2010, 10:09 AM
You can indeed turn CB belts/pads to canloe in kaladim as a gnome necro.

Furthermore...

Go Gnome or go home

Messianic
07-13-2010, 10:23 AM
You can indeed turn CB belts/pads to canloe in kaladim as a gnome necro.

Furthermore...

Go Gnome or go home

Lowlife
07-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Human all into Sta

Messianic
07-13-2010, 03:44 PM
You're sure? None into INT/STR?

My highest chars were Monk(60)/Wiz(56) on live, so... :P

Modal
07-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Human all into Sta

This has never made any sense to me.

The human necro starts with 75 STA and can put 25 more into the stat, for a total of 100. Assuming the remaining 5 are put into INT, that gives a starting INT of only 90.

Compare this with a gnome necro who puts 25 into INT for a starting tally of 133, and the remaining 5 into STA for a total of 75.

Considering each STA point gives the necro +2hp at lvl 50, the human necro would have a mere +50hp over the gnome necro if both were naked at level 50.

The big difference, however, is that the human with his pitiful 90 INT is going to have to wear a Runed Cowl, Ivandyr's Hoop, +7INT/STR necklace, and a whole lot of additional +INT gear to get anywhere close to 200, while the gnome can go with a Plat Tiara, BS ears, neck, and other HP gear to more than make up for the paltry +50HP the human gets. Fully geared, the gnome will have at least a hundred more HP, and at least that much extra mana over the human with all into STA.

Given your two choices, I'd go gnome with all into INT and the remaining 5 into STA if you're going to raid, or AGI of you intend to solo (particularly indoors).

Better yet, though, go Erudite with all into INT/STA to start at 142/75, then load up on literally every usable +HP/mana piece available. You'll end up with a couple hundred more HP than the human with max STA, and have more mana than any other race of necro, especially with the +10INT/+75mana erudite-only shoulder piece.