PDA

View Full Version : Totemic helm advice

Bantam 1
08-14-2013, 03:15 AM
The wiki is a bit confusing - Am I looking for a Tae Ew Page outside CZ or a Lizard Page inside CZ at TR? Either or?

I think I found the TR - it has a lizard with 2 gorillas guarding him. However, it has random lvl 30-32 mobs thrown in... but the mob I'm looking for is 24ish.

Zeonick
08-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Hey there,
Did you ever get this figured out? This looks like really nice Questable gear! Any idea when a shaman such as myself could start working on the quests?

Estu
08-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Hey there,
Did you ever get this figured out? This looks like really nice Questable gear! Any idea when a shaman such as myself could start working on the quests?

Around level 30 or so.

Jburks8
08-14-2013, 10:58 PM
I killed the Lizard Pages inside CT to get the necessary piece. There are a bunch of them in the maze part of the zone near entrance. Hope this helps.

Zeonick
08-16-2013, 12:25 AM
Do people usually get all of the totemic gear or just the helm/select pieces?

Growlers
08-16-2013, 01:29 AM
I quested all the pieces. It was fun...and painstaking.

ManticSquee
08-16-2013, 01:46 AM
I quested all the pieces. It was fun...and painstaking.

Fun factor aside and thinking just about gear, was it worth it?

Estu
08-16-2013, 10:09 AM

Gear-wise, the AC is nice if you're ever taking hits. Big step up from banded.

Zeonick
08-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Yeah the ac on this gear looks pretty amazing, but not so great as far as the stats go. And from what I've been reading hp is more important than ac. That's why I was asking if you should get all of it, or select pieces. I'm sure it looks cool though :)

phobus
08-16-2013, 03:50 PM
I wore a few of the Totemic pieces for quite a while, but once you reach mid-levels you should be able to afford Jaundiced Bone pieces for your Arms, Hands, and Feet if it's AC you're looking for. There aren't many HP pieces for those slots, anyway, save for the arms (Dusty Rusted Vambraces (http://wiki.project1999.org/Dusty_Rusted_Vambraces)).

The helm is the most sought-after piece of the set. Getting that bear pelt can take a while, though.

billw134
08-25-2013, 03:23 PM
You don't have to go all the way to gorillas in Throne room. My friend and I cleared courtyard in front of gorillas an the Lizard Page spawned in the left corner once through the door.

Potus
08-25-2013, 03:41 PM
I've yet to see the bear. I see a whole lot of the Lich of Miragul who casts on me through the walls while I try to kill the PHs for the bear.

Estu
08-26-2013, 10:09 AM
I've yet to see the bear. I see a whole lot of the Lich of Miragul who casts on me through the walls while I try to kill the PHs for the bear.

That lich was the bane of my existence when I was questing my totemic stuff forever ago. Here's my advice regarding that:

1) Spread the word that the lich is up, because he's useful for people (paladins, I think), so you might get someone to run over and kill him.

2) Sit at the very entrance to the underground cave, just out of the water, where the lich can't aggro you, and use Sense Animals (low-level spell). If you don't sense the bear, log and try again later.

Raavak
08-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Page is inside CT. After the zone was revamped (Luclin era) it was moved outside. That's why the reference materials aren't consistent.

mgellan
08-27-2013, 05:08 PM
That lich was the bane of my existence when I was questing my totemic stuff forever ago. Here's my advice regarding that:

1) Spread the word that the lich is up, because he's useful for people (paladins, I think), so you might get someone to run over and kill him.

2) Sit at the very entrance to the underground cave, just out of the water, where the lich can't aggro you, and use Sense Animals (low-level spell). If you don't sense the bear, log and try again later.

This - during prime time at least there's a pally in the tunnel camping the Lich so you shouldn't need to worry about it.

You do need to kill the IB Skelly PHs although they seem to be broken - used to be two skellies who pathed in front of the tunnel entrance, now there's one. There's some stationary skellies in the main tunnel, not sure if they're PHs. I recall the respawn for PH or Bear is 7 hrs and I'm sure he doesn't live long.

Regards,
Mg

Potus
08-27-2013, 11:23 PM

There aren't a lot of Pallies camping him for their epic on Red, but yeah I've been doing #2 off and on for a week, I'd even wait for the lich to walk by, cast Vision on him, then when he's walked a long distance away I'd go try to kill the Placeholders. Still no bear though =/

Growlers
08-28-2013, 12:30 AM

I wore most of it in to my 50's shamans get hit a lot solo (until epic) or group. I like to have AC but HP comes first when it's affordable.

Zeonick
09-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Ive had some horrible luck/stupidity with these damn totemic quests! First, I thought for some reason they all required powdered dufrenite and didnt know I had options, so I powdered it all and then lost a full turn in for my greaves trying to use it!

I have been trying to farm another snowball to replace the one I lost and am having a hell of a time. I killed 10 wizards last night on a 20minute timer and no ball! (but 5 heart of frosts) then while was afk I got trained and sent back to south Karana :( should have bound by perma, ugh.

II

billw134
09-16-2013, 01:18 AM
No Zeonick!!!!!! That sucks!

Zeonick
09-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Well all is well that ends well I guess! I ended up getting a snowball the next day, and on my way out I checked to see if the glacier bear was up. I went to the back of the cave, casted sense animal and there he was! I killed him and got my pelt! I was sooo stoked! So I got my greaves and the helm at the same time!

II

Estu
09-17-2013, 12:16 AM
Nice, congrats!

Zeonick
09-18-2013, 01:00 AM
Nice, congrats!

ty! It was awesome!