PDA

View Full Version : Magic gloves giving magic attacks to non-monks

Jimjam
08-14-2013, 05:14 AM
The other day I unequipped my weapons so i could swing at a ghoul to build aggro without breaking mez.

Lo and behold my punch damaged the ghoul, breaking mez.

I'm assuming my punch caused damage because I was wearing magic gloves. Now the character I was using is a warrior and I remember doing the same thing in PoTime but my punches having no effect.

Is it just my memory playing up? I'm sure magic gloves giving magic attacks is an ability native only to monks (and beastlords). Am I remembering a post-classic change?

Waedawen
08-14-2013, 05:16 AM
I don't believe that's a bug.

You need magic boots in order to kick effectively on undead as well.

Jimjam
08-14-2013, 05:18 AM
I'm aware of magic boots giving magic kicks to all kick classes, but magic gloves should only give magic punches to monks. I'm certain!

Edit: I guess this shows a failability of memory or something that has changed a while back; i just logged on to live and I wasn't able to punch Ghoul of Takish-Hiz without magic gloves, but once I got them on I was able ot punch him just fine.

Also level 80 warrior hits for like 200 points with just his fists these days! Lol!

Sarkhan
08-14-2013, 09:08 AM
ya I had max H2H on my warrior on live and would do drunken duels with people for fun.. Totally gave a bunch of people a beat down when they realized I could hit for 200s.. Pretty sure H2H is (or on live at least) based off of your atk rating.. higher atk = higher damage.

Lvl 80 with some clicks and max h2h skill has quite a bit of atk.

myriverse
08-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Heh -- I remember my SK even beating a Monk, once, in pure H2H while we waited for rez.

Skill determines ATK.
ATK determines the damage you do.

Hmm... been remiss... gotta train H2H.

Estu
08-14-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm pretty sure aggro is built based on your maximum potential damage swinging, so since as a non-monk you're going to be doing crappy damage with H2H anyway, it doesn't seem particularly worthwhile to try to build aggro with it.