PDA

View Full Version : DragonCon - Digital Gaming

agdros
08-15-2013, 10:12 AM
DragonCon is coming up(Aug 30–Sept 2, 2013)! I will be setting the network and working with the Digital Gaming people. I will also be working IT at registration.

I know the guy building the image for the 20 or so PC's that will be in the room, so the oportunity to play P99 with friends at the con is possible. (not making any definative statements due to EQ Titan client license bla bla...)

If you plan to attend, Digital Gaming is located in the Hilton on the floor above the lobby (same floor as skywalk), North Hallway, and I think the 2nd door on the right.

If there is enough response, it could be possible to plan a small gathering/meal/lots of drinks... and then wierd pictures on p99 forum the next day.

If you want to play p99 at the convention, make sure you have an IP exemption. Almost all networks there are NAT so they share an IP address.

See you there!

Xadion
08-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Can you get me a few passes/"memberships" for free? I was going to go to comiccon @ tampabay for my bday but this looks much more fun and a road trip to Atlanta... will have to see who I can give my kids to :-P

agdros
08-15-2013, 10:28 AM
I wish I could, but unfortunately I can't.

Getting your badge is quite a challenge at DragonCon. If you haven't already prepaid, your wait in line will be around 3 hours. And even if you have paid, you will probably stand around for an hour or so.

Once you got it though...the party starts Thursday night and doesn't stop till Monday morning!

Swish
08-15-2013, 10:48 AM
If only more than 5 people in the UK played P1999, sounds great...hope everyone attending has an awesome time :)