PDA

View Full Version : Druids Porting Required/Donations

Porz
08-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Exactly as the title reads. Do you find it appropriate for druids to port for required donations? I have never had a problem porting for near free or no donations at all but after a string of bad seeds pretty much spitting on me after porting it has put a sour taste in my mouth. No donations when your wearing a fungi is pretty foul imo, Or if your otw to EC to sell 40k worth of items, Don't get me wrong if your new here your gear will tell your story. Remember no druid HAS to port you but in one way or another majority do it to earn a little bit of pp towards gear. But hey maybe it is just me!

SCB
08-15-2013, 03:57 PM
There are people who don't tip at restaurants, too.

God gets to all of them eventually.

Leddy
08-15-2013, 03:57 PM
when you offer ports and say donations aren't required this happens.
this is why i spam "PORTZ 4 PLATZ PST" etc. etc.
I don't want to waste my time unless im getting paid

Ajkuhuun
08-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Unless I'm brand new to a server, and someone is just offering to do it, I always tip. It's time out of your day after all, so in my opinion, absolutely appropriate to expect a tip out of someone who is obviously able or at the very least a thank you.

Kika Maslyaka
08-15-2013, 04:05 PM
there is a 2 year old thread you can dig up with about 300 pages in it discussing exactly same thing.
the conclusion is: everyone has his own standards ;)

Stinkum
08-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Exactly as the title reads. Do you find it appropriate for druids to port for required donations? I have never had a problem porting for near free or no donations at all but after a string of bad seeds pretty much spitting on me after porting it has put a sour taste in my mouth. No donations when your wearing a fungi is pretty foul imo, Or if your otw to EC to sell 40k worth of items, Don't get me wrong if your new here your gear will tell your story. Remember no druid HAS to port you but in one way or another majority do it to earn a little bit of pp towards gear. But hey maybe it is just me!

Portz Mc`Gee <Level 49 Druid>
The Original "Portzer" Druid.
The best "Portz" All the time! PST!!

Based on your character name, forum posting history, and general obsession with porting, I think you are playing the wrong video game.

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/crazy-taxi02.jpg

Porz
08-15-2013, 04:11 PM
I was late getting the poll up sorry
Please vote

Porz
08-15-2013, 04:11 PM
Based on your character name, forum posting history, and general obsession with porting, I think you are playing the wrong video game.

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/crazy-taxi02.jpg

<3 Im ordering that off amazon!

Laugher
08-15-2013, 04:19 PM
I haven't asked for plat for ports since about level 30 when I was new to it, and have always gotten tips from anyone who wasn't on a CR haha. I also don't /ooc it so when somebody privately contacts me it they tend to be generous about it, or let me know that they're broke and hope that its ok. I don't find that asking for plat up front as a druid is in bad taste (for that matter if portings your plat business having a flat rate might be easier and provide better grounds for communication) but more often than not like I said people have been courteous with me, even well mannered. With the amount of druids on the server at least at peak hours there will always be competition for the business :) frankly I'm happy whenever a druid picks up where I don't in ooc but if someone sends me a tell and I'm not grouped or leveling I'll usually do the work for whatever they wanna donate.

Its a matter of preference really, for those droods who are on their first toon or need the plat for spells etc. that donation is a big deal until you're geared and banked a little.

Porz
08-15-2013, 04:20 PM
I would like to emphasize its one thing when you simply cannot afford to pay more than 15pp cause your coming from bb to the main world for the first time and are on your first p99 character! I would always tip these guys they are the future, as well as people on a CR cause much like I do those guys dont forget and will tip you at the most random times, but when your loaded and you cough up 13 platnium and 12 gold, or expect to get ported here succored there and buffed as well....

Tecmos Deception
08-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Don't see a problem with requiring payment... so long as you don't call it a "donation" anymore if it is required. That irks me :p

Laugher
08-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Don't see a problem with requiring payment... so long as you don't call it a "donation" anymore if it is required. That irks me :p

yeah agreed, would fall under a "wts" tag at that point haha

smoflow
08-15-2013, 04:35 PM
If you are porting for money, you make significantly more money by accepting donations (5-7k in about 12 hours). If I am leveling, though- I charge a fixed rate of 100-200plat and significantly more for "high roller" errands or pickups that require lots of travel time. Some people complain. Most people pay the 100plat.

P.S> It's nice to give monks a break since they aren't able to carry much plat. The rich ones should be carrying gems in their bags though, tbh.

idontbuff
08-15-2013, 04:56 PM
There are people who don't tip at restaurants, too.

God gets to all of them eventually.

Hey now, not all waitresses are worth tipping. I am also not judging this by their looks, i don't care if they're the hottest girl I have seen in a few days. If you act like a moron, and never come back to ask if we're good or need refills... You aren't getting tipped a fucking thing.

SCB
08-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Hey now, not all waitresses are worth tipping. I am also not judging this by their looks, i don't care if they're the hottest girl I have seen in a few days. If you act like a moron, and never come back to ask if we're good or need refills... You aren't getting tipped a fucking thing.

Here's hoping they're taking the time away from your table to fuck with your food.