PDA

View Full Version : Bard Epic - HELP!

Getsmurfed
08-18-2013, 04:44 PM
So I posted this over in the melee forums but it's not catching much light of day. I'm currently attempting to camp the drakes for the bard epic (Blackwing, Eldrig the Old, and BW Drakes). I'm currently on Blackwing and he doesn't seem to be spawning despite clearing the entire area that he's supposed to spawn in. And when I say clearing his area I mean devoid of every single mob there barring the sphinx. Any ideas / tips as to what is currently going on with this spawn? Any bards or friend of a friend know a bard that has accomplished this step recently?

zanderklocke
08-18-2013, 04:46 PM
If I remember correctly, the placeholder is a nonroaming mob that spawns by the tree in the area designated on the wiki.

quido
08-18-2013, 04:46 PM
If you check the wiki, you can find his exact spawn location. He always spawns in one place, you sometimes just have to kill the PH a bunch of times.

sulpher01
08-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Yup had the same problem, go over and pull every wanderer that isnt a hill giant, skeleton or cyclops in the hill giant area and kill them too. That did the trick for me. :D

sulpher01
08-18-2013, 04:47 PM
And ya he roams, and he roams OUT of the drake area... ^^not classic

Getsmurfed
08-18-2013, 04:51 PM
So there's two conflicting stories here. Wiki states a static mob and others say he roams....Which is it? I have literally wiped the place clean of mobs....Does this mean I have to branch out and try to kill anything even remotely close in the zone?

Acrux Bcrux
08-18-2013, 04:58 PM
static mob thats on the wiki is the right one, ive done it a million times farming the cloak thing that drops from the other named that spawns there.

Getsmurfed
08-18-2013, 05:02 PM
There isn't a static mob there, which is my problem. Was it removed? I haven't seen any static mobs in that area. There's a mountain with the sphinx on it and all the mobs that spawn east of it in that little vale all roam around. The only static spawns are north of the mountain. Unless I'm high those coords do no match up with a static spawn currently.

Acrux Bcrux
08-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Just looked at the coordinates and they look pretty right compared to the map. Theres even a picture on the bottom of the page. http://wiki.project1999.org/Blackwing Ill check it later tonight when i get a chance for you though

Handull
08-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Look at the wiki and follow what it says. That worked for me, think I had to camp it for a few hours at least. IF the mob roams, he will return to his spawn point, and he has a fast enough respawn timer, so just be there when he pops and kill the ph before it leave. gl

Acrux Bcrux
08-18-2013, 08:52 PM
so i zone into rathe mtns, and blackwing is up and no ones at him. you need to open your eyes and look harder

falkun
08-19-2013, 10:57 AM
That's my wiki page, updated with my experience camping Blackwing on P99. Its accurate for P99 unless they changed his spawn since then. If the wiki is not clear enough for you, please help me make it more clear for future bards. I have been pretty diligent about adding my bard epic experiences to relevant wiki pages.

kylok
11-03-2013, 05:15 AM
I have sat at -1700, +100 for about an hour and not see anything spawn at said location. The only thing I've seen come close is Rharzar - is he perhaps on the same spawn table as Blackwing/Shardwing?

Savok
11-03-2013, 08:44 AM
I will confirm that the information in the wiki is 100% correct. The mob does indeed spawn as a static ph in those coordinates as it was on Live before the Rathe Mountains revamp.

indiscriminate_hater
11-03-2013, 03:15 PM
there are two wandering drakes that enter the hill giant area. the one whose path lies more to the east is the placeholder for blackwing. just kill that one every 7 minutes and you should have him within a couple of hours at most

kylok
11-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Thank you all for the responses! This information is very clarifying compared to what the wiki says. What I got from the wiki was that if I stood at said loc (-1700, +100) a mob would spawn and all I had to do was kill it.. not track it down because it wanders around the zone. Thanks again, very helpful=)

Moodie
11-15-2013, 07:13 PM
I have sat at -1700, +100 for about an hour and not see anything spawn at said location. The only thing I've seen come close is Rharzar - is he perhaps on the same spawn table as Blackwing/Shardwing?

I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to follow the wiki guide, but its hard when no mob is there! I searched all over the mountains for a drake roaming around but no luck. I found one in the Hill Giant area but I Highsun'd it a different spawn point than the one listed on the wiki :confused:

Could anyone confirm where this spawn roams to? and are his placeholders only drake type mobs or does an unassuming baskilisk spawn then roam or something?

Any input would be appreciated...

Getsmurfed
11-15-2013, 07:18 PM
I did it for myself a while ago. The information is somewhat misleading, the spawn point itself is static but the mob pats throughout the zone. The easiest thing you can do is run around killing any pathing drakes / basilisks in the zone and periodically running back to check if a mob has spawned. The way I did it, I would run north to the valley with the named cyclops in it and the valley east of that killing any pathing mobs I saw. After maybe 4-5minutes I'd run back and way to see if anything popped. Once you can lock down the spawn on that pop you'll be able to farm Blackwing with relative ease. The problem is just finding the mob because the moment it pops it's already moving north into the surrounding vallies.

Good luck!

Moodie
11-15-2013, 07:24 PM
I did it for myself a while ago. The information is somewhat misleading, the spawn point itself is static but the mob pats throughout the zone. The easiest thing you can do is run around killing any pathing drakes / basilisks in the zone and periodically running back to check if a mob has spawned. The way I did it, I would run north to the valley with the named cyclops in it and the valley east of that killing any pathing mobs I saw. After maybe 4-5minutes I'd run back and way to see if anything popped. Once you can lock down the spawn on that pop you'll be able to farm Blackwing with relative ease. The problem is just finding the mob because the moment it pops it's already moving north into the surrounding vallies.

Good luck!

so a baskilisk is one of the PH's?

Getsmurfed
11-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Yeah, so is "a drake", he's on a cycle of named mobs. I had "Shardwing" and "Silverwing" also pop there.

Moodie
11-15-2013, 07:32 PM
ahh ok thats probably what happened. I just overlooked the PH assuming that it was only Drakes that were on that cycle

indiscriminate_hater
11-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Yeah, so is "a drake", he's on a cycle of named mobs. I had "Shardwing" and "Silverwing" also pop there.

Silverwing?? Mother of god

Getsmurfed
11-15-2013, 07:58 PM
Yeah same name as the mob in VP, unfortunately not the same model or loot table =/ Drops a shitty cloak w/ 50 mana and like 10 agi

indiscriminate_hater
11-15-2013, 09:17 PM
there is no silverwing in rathe, shardwing drops the cloak and blackwing drops the guts

indiscriminate_hater
11-15-2013, 09:18 PM
cloak is pretty good for casters

Getsmurfed
11-16-2013, 03:59 AM
Silverwing is a drake spawn in Rathe Mtns, it's not listed and I'm not sure why....I had Silverwing pop then Shardwing and a few mobs after Blackwing.