PDA

View Full Version : Shaman spells to avoid?

Maltrix
08-20-2013, 05:22 PM
Hi guys, new player here, no friends. From browsing the boards it seems that there are certain spells that either aren't very powerful for there level or cost too much mana for the spell effects. In the interest of saving money I was wondering if I could get a list of certain spells you fell aren't worth the cost by level?

For example I'm about to hit 14 and I see that disempower costs 45 mana and walking sleep costs 60. It seems to be that slowing the targets attack speed even in a group at this level for that much mana isn't worth the cost of the spell nor the mem slot it would take up. Would I be wrong in that assumption?

Raavak
08-20-2013, 05:22 PM
Yes.

Potus
08-20-2013, 05:27 PM
All the poison rain spells, all the extinguish fatigue spells, all the AC spells(AC is worthless here), most of the Vision type spells are all wastes of money.

Estu
08-20-2013, 06:28 PM
Crucial (depending on situation): nukes, dots, roots, heals, pets/charms, gate, bind, utility buffs (invis/sow/see invis/levitate/water breathing).
Useful: long-term stat and AC buffs (AC is not worthless here; see the parse posted recently in the Tanks section), haste.
Not so useful: rain spells, many divination spells, fatigue-related spells (fatigue is not implemented on this server), low-level slows (too ineffectual for their mana cost).

phobus
08-22-2013, 12:35 AM
You can also skip the low-level melee debuffs, and the resist debuffs unless you're duoing with a charming Enchanter or something.

Oh, and the Frenzy line of spells is just about useless.

most of the Vision type spells are all wastes of money.

I ignored these for the longest time, but I can tell you that Assiduous Vision (http://wiki.project1999.org/Assiduous_Vision) is awesome for scouting around in dungeons.