PDA

View Full Version : Shaman twinking.

BWoTHa
08-23-2013, 06:02 AM
Question has been asked many times, but here goes it again.
Rolled a lvl 1 Ogre shaman.
I got already a fungi and have 115k to spend on it.
I pretty much plan on spending it all, but was hoping to at least have a couple of pieces that would retain it's value later, so that if someday i'm looking forward to buy let's say jbb or get my epic MQed or somethin, i can resell it and get it right away. (for example, if I get an RBG, i'd benefit from having haste while i'm leveling the low levels, and then can trade it later for jbb or plat).
I was thinking that buying JBB right away or getting torpor from the get go, would be counter productive in the way that those wont do me any favor while i'm leveling. So if i can spend wisely those plat gearing it out with stuff i will benefit from level 1, will make the leveling ride goes smoother and faster.

I'm curious to see how you guys would spend that money with example for each slots.
Thanks in advance.

HallygukRZ
08-23-2013, 09:48 AM
You pretty much answered it yourself. Epic/Torpor/JBB can wait.

- Best twink item for a shaman is a Fungi: Check
- First levels you are a battle priest. So go with either a Poison Wind Censor (cheap) or get a GFG. Bit better, but not worth the extra 7-8k tbh
- Any haste item will do to be honest, fbss or sash of dragonborn
- On items focus on HP primarily, can buy a full set that will do well until 50 for about 4-5k

At 45 immediately buy the JBB (it really shines 45 up to around 54).

Enjoy the shaman life! Don't forget to heal at lower levels with inner fire and not the heal.

Rasah
08-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Probably better off using Jade Mace to 20, then switch over to PWC.

HallygukRZ
08-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Oh aye, your right. Jade mace pre 20 will make you a killer shaman :)

SamwiseRed
08-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Question has been asked many times, but here goes it again.
Rolled a lvl 1 Ogre shaman.
I got already a fungi and have 115k to spend on it.
I pretty much plan on spending it all, but was hoping to at least have a couple of pieces that would retain it's value later, so that if someday i'm looking forward to buy let's say jbb or get my epic MQed or somethin, i can resell it and get it right away. (for example, if I get an RBG, i'd benefit from having haste while i'm leveling the low levels, and then can trade it later for jbb or plat).
I was thinking that buying JBB right away or getting torpor from the get go, would be counter productive in the way that those wont do me any favor while i'm leveling. So if i can spend wisely those plat gearing it out with stuff i will benefit from level 1, will make the leveling ride goes smoother and faster.

I'm curious to see how you guys would spend that money with example for each slots.
Thanks in advance.

youve been able to farm 100+k plus fungi yet you cant answer some simple questions about twinking?

hehehehehehehehehehehe $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

fishingme
08-23-2013, 10:58 AM
most shaman key items hold their resale value. They also can be resold sometimes for 50% more depending on the time you wait.

papercolor
08-23-2013, 11:19 AM
What everyone else said but here is a specific list.

2 Plat Fire Wedding Rings 5ac 55hp
Haste Item
Jade Mace
Poision Wind Censer
Fungi Tunic
Sarnak Battle Shield
GEBS
Cheap stuff in the rest of the slots, banded, cheap chain or wiz items.

I would wait to fill the rest with anything too good. Quest for totemic once your 30's. Save to spells and etc.

Estu
08-23-2013, 11:28 AM
I'd say after the essentials (good weapon, haste, fungi) just focus on AC and HP.

Zeonick
08-23-2013, 11:59 AM
I Grouped with a twinked shaman at earlier levels and he rocked a jade mace with a haste item pre 20 and he just tore through those low level mobs. He got through the first 20 levels so quickly, then transfered over to a pwc. He just went straight into the second level of befallen at level 4 and owned everything.

Edit: he also had fungi/tons of other items

BWoTHa
08-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Basically what I was trying to ask, was that if I have 115 to spend on gear, how would you spend those plat to fill all the slots? I'd like to have the list of slots and suggestions which in total i could afford. I had in mind to get an RBG for the haste (so that later when haste from belt is no longuer useful, i can resell). For the rest of the slots tho, I'd like input. So far the idea of the jade mace from 1-20, then PWC till 40 sounds good. I was thinking more toward howling harpoon... i'll see what i can get.
So yeah, basically what i'd like is suggestion of complete set of gear that would fit in the 115k price range (considering i already have the fungi).

BWoTHa
08-23-2013, 02:45 PM
So yeah, here's a template if it can save you some time

Legs :
waist : RBG, FBSS
Feet :
Back :
Finger1 :
Finger2 :
Wrist 1 :
wrist 2 :
Chest : Fungus covered scale tunic
Shoulders :
Hands :
Arms :
Ear1 :
Ear2 :
Head :
Neck :
Face :
Ranged :
Primary :
Secondary : Sarnak Battleshield
Ranged :

Estu
08-23-2013, 03:31 PM
With all due respect, dude, can't you do your own research and come up with a list? You've been given some pretty good guidelines in this thread for what to look for in general. It feels like you're asking for other people to do a pretty extended task for you. I don't know, maybe other people enjoy filling out extensive and specific gear lists for random forumgoers. Obviously it would be easier for you with the Wiki up, though. Hopefully Rogean will get that back up soon.

Edit: this appears to be somewhat usable: http://web.archive.org/web/20130810014307/http://wiki.project1999.org/Main_Page

HallygukRZ
08-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Really wow.

Zeonick
08-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Are em tea

Examino
08-24-2013, 12:24 AM
go do your own homework

has the nerve to ask for examples of each on top of a list. lol

BWoTHa
08-24-2013, 01:03 AM
I apologize for that, indeed it was very lazy of me asking that after receiving more than enough good inputs. To answer zeonick, no it's not that. I just had experience on a wizard so far in this game which was pretty straightfoward as in having as much int as possible and basically look at the wiki for planar gear and try to get those. Shaman seams to be a bit more complicated in regard that not only wisdom is important, but also stamina, strength and even heard charisma. The confusing part about the gear I has was that it's not a simple look at planar gear on the wiki that is the "top of the line" stuff, some pre-planar and kunark are sometime even or better.
I'll go do my homework and figure it out by myself. Thanks for all the input and again, sorry for my lack of judgment going straight at the "can you do everything for me" line of approach.

DarkwingDuck
08-24-2013, 03:48 AM
Gee lets see, has a 90k fungi and a 115k plat left. And this was his what, 5th forum post.

Nice rmt.

Lol

And my shaman twink.. Who is high 30's now, was fungi, GFG ALL the way past 20. Course HP rings, str/HP items, fbss.

BWoTHa
08-24-2013, 05:14 AM
To set my story straight for darkwingduck and zeonick, first toon i had 1 1/2 years ago was a wizard. leveled it to 60 and traded it (when it was still allowed) for fungi, epic, edge of the nightwalker and jboots to gear a rogue. Leveled the rogue to 51 then stoped playin for a year. Got back, sold the edge of the nightwalker 100k, the rest of my crap for around 15k and voila... this is where comes my fungi and 115k. You can believe me or not, this is how it happened.

Zeonick
08-24-2013, 08:26 PM
To set my story straight for darkwingduck and zeonick, first toon i had 1 1/2 years ago was a wizard. leveled it to 60 and traded it (when it was still allowed) for fungi, epic, edge of the nightwalker and jboots to gear a rogue. Leveled the rogue to 51 then stoped playin for a year. Got back, sold the edge of the nightwalker 100k, the rest of my crap for around 15k and voila... this is where comes my fungi and 115k. You can believe me or not, this is how it happened.

That sounds legit, sorry for The accusation, it just sounded a little fishy. You will get a lot better of a response by asking legit questions such as the str/sta/wis/cha question you had.

Str isnt very important once you stop meleeing mobs at the early levels. Sta seems to be pretty important for the hp which we really need for canni. Wis of course for mana, and cha might be used for charming later on?

I'm pretty new to shaman, so hopefully someone can explain this further for you.

DarkwingDuck
08-25-2013, 04:29 AM
Just bustin ur bawls heh.

For the record , I'm still meeleeing at 37 and will probably into the early 40's . Fungi+ chloro, ur still a decent tank, if ones not available.
Also if there's another Druid or cleric around, ur golden :)

Lovin the shammy

BWoTHa
08-25-2013, 05:33 AM
Indeed, i'm just lvl 4 right now exploring the feerott. I was wondering something regarding ogres in oggok... If i plan on leveling on the other sides of the world, which faction should i be careful about not messing with? I'm saying that because back then on my dark-elf wizard, I screwed myself up going into crushbone and killing orcs there, I've became kos to some guards in neriak. Since all the times i've grinded xp was on the good side (gfay, crushbone, etc) i'm trying to make sure before I decide to make the trip that I wont mess anything up. Already in oggok there is some quests that can be completed that can screw faction up with shadowknights guild, so i'm not messing with that for the moment.

quido
08-25-2013, 05:38 AM
I would use hand to hand and max my agility - make sure to get your int up for maximum brain power

Zeonick
08-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Just bustin ur bawls heh.

For the record , I'm still meeleeing at 37 and will probably into the early 40's . Fungi+ chloro, ur still a decent tank, if ones not available.
Also if there's another Druid or cleric around, ur golden :)

Lovin the shammy

What wep are You using? Wondering if I should still try and save up for a pwc or just give up on that pipe dream, haha.

DarkwingDuck
08-26-2013, 10:12 AM
What wep are You using? Wondering if I should still try and save up for a pwc or just give up on that pipe dream, haha.

I use the granite face grinder. When self buffed , str,dex, agi, etc.. I can hit for 70-82'ish.. Now toss on haste.. And then fleeting fury line hehe.. Havnt even gotten an fbss or something yet, which would make it all the better.
Hope to get chloro today at 39, will be all the better.

Zeonick
08-26-2013, 08:40 PM
I use the granite face grinder. When self buffed , str,dex, agi, etc.. I can hit for 70-82'ish.. Now toss on haste.. And then fleeting fury line hehe.. Havnt even gotten an fbss or something yet, which would make it all the better.
Hope to get chloro today at 39, will be all the better.

Wow, how did you afford The gfg I can see why you still melee, that weapon is boss mode!

Lyssia
09-16-2013, 11:42 PM
This is the make up on my ogre and it works EXTREMLY well.

Legs : Black Chitin leggings
waist : FBSS
Feet : GEB
Back : Hiero Cloak
Finger1 : 55hp
Finger2 : 55hp
Wrist 1 : RMB
wrist 2 : RMB
Chest : Fungus covered scale tunic
Shoulders : Obulus Death Shroud
Hands : Paw gloves
Arms : Withered Leather Sleeves
Ear1 : BS hp/mana
Ear2 : BS HP/Mana
Head : Plat Tiara
Neck : NOS / BS HP/Mana
Face : Enshrouded veil
Ranged : Darksea Poon i think, dont remember off hand
Primary : Epic
Secondary : Sarnak Battle Shield

blondeattk
11-09-2013, 12:25 PM
below lvl 20 is a jade mace better than a smouldering brand?

922+proc vs 918

@ lvl 10 the proc is same as a cast the lvl 5 cold dd. After lvl 14 you will want to be casting spirit strike as well as melee? shm arent straight melee but a combo.....

maybe jade mace better after lvl 15 ?

murcielago200
11-09-2013, 12:43 PM
I like the fungi staff.
I have fungi tunic and fungi staff and the clicky regrowth is amazing. I can tank mobs at 55 that are slowed and not lose hit points. I have lots other semi good gear but with fungi staff, fungi tunic, epic, JBB. I solo 4-5 mobs at a time easy and the only mana I use is for root and occasional buffs. All made possible with my "toys"

Seducio
11-09-2013, 10:05 PM
I was wondering about this specifically. I get that it's a free clickie and even targetable on others, but I believe there is a movement reduction component as well.

What benefits does the fungi staff have for a Shaman post level 52 compared to the spell?

Isn't there a stacking issue with normal regrowth?

I have every other toy you mentioned and can vouch for each of them adding to badass-effect of a shaman.

I have questions as to whether the staff is worth it now that I am 52. Convince me.

murcielago200
11-09-2013, 10:17 PM
Yes it has slight snare effect but hey, I root rot everything and the mana saved by not having to keep regrowth cast on me makes it worth it. I regen 42 a tik with it, fungi and being a troll.

Tehwoot
11-10-2013, 08:47 PM
buy a set of banded, than give me 100k. All you need is a fungi and a jade mace... if you cant figure the rest out yourself id suggest selling that RMT plat back.