PDA

View Full Version : plat farming

Izor_01
08-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Anyone have any good spots they would recommend for a lvl 20 shaman to do solo?

I spent pretty much everything i had on the level 24 batch of spells and I am still missing a few.

I am not expecting anything spectacular just a steady income of plat and exp would be great so i can buy the next batch of spells and maybe a couple of gear upgrades...

diplo
08-26-2013, 02:30 PM
sisters in oot.

mgellan
08-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Level 20 shammies should be kiting mammoths in EF. SOW, Affliction, run til you don't hear their footsteps, pause 3 secs, Tainted Breath, run, rinse and repeat. I levelled 19-32ish on mommas on and off. Tusks sell for 10pp ea. to a Starn Bearhumper in the ruins near where the spawn is...

Regards,
Mg

Izor_01
08-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Can the sisters be done at 20?

mgellan thanks that's awesome as long as someone there will sell/buy from iksar i can do that! Root and rot wont work?

Zeonick
08-26-2013, 08:43 PM

mgellan thanks that's awesome as long as someone there will sell/buy from iksar i can do that! Root and rot wont work?

I was doing root/rot on mammoths at level 26 and even then it was a bit tough with resists and root breaks. They have around 700 hp so without your level 24 dot killing them will take forever

Growlers
08-26-2013, 08:54 PM

Sisters are 24 ish and a 2spawn so no. I did them at 25 (Troll) I made a dwarf, took the boat over to the isle and just dropped the swords for him to sell. Great exp and loot til 32 or so. 20 is kinda tough because you just missed Lfay sis camp. You could kill wisps in WC and turn them into Smyth in Sro for 10pp per and Neriak faction.

Izor_01
08-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Sisters are 24 ish and a 2spawn so no. I did them at 25 (Troll) I made a dwarf, took the boat over to the isle and just dropped the swords for him to sell. Great exp and loot til 32 or so. 20 is kinda tough because you just missed Lfay sis camp. You could kill wisps in WC and turn them into Smyth in Sro for 10pp per and Neriak faction.

thanks for the tip on selling sadly I would not have thought of that lol...

kaos057
08-27-2013, 01:14 AM

Closest merchant is in qeynos catacombs. Just summon a few bags to keep tusks in.

As far as root rotting I don't know why anyone would want to do it any other way. #1 rooted mobs take more dot damage. #2 you get med time. Kinda baffled at the whole dot run dot run tactic.

Izor_01
08-27-2013, 07:17 AM
figures i would have to run to Catacombs but i wasn't sure if Iksar would be KOS there or not but i guess i am safe going there. However i think i am going to need to get a level or two under my belt first before i try this spot..

Estu
08-27-2013, 10:30 AM
figures i would have to run to Catacombs but i wasn't sure if Iksar would be KOS there or not but i guess i am safe going there. However i think i am going to need to get a level or two under my belt first before i try this spot..

I'd be very surprised if you were not KoS in Catacombs (or any non-iksar town).

kaos057
08-27-2013, 10:56 AM
Iksars are not kos in catacombs. Can sell and bank there. They are obviously not on qeynos faction.

Estu
08-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Iksars are not kos in catacombs. Can sell and bank there. They are obviously not on qeynos faction.

Strange, considering they are KoS in other evil cities. Convenient, though (on the rare occasion an Iksar heads to the Qeynos area).

Izor_01
08-27-2013, 12:25 PM
its good to know i have never played an evil race before and not knowing where i can bank/sell is slowing things down for me a bit. but its all part of the eq experience and why why eq is better than the modern mmo..

mgellan
08-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Closest merchant is in qeynos catacombs. Just summon a few bags to keep tusks in.

As far as root rotting I don't know why anyone would want to do it any other way. #1 rooted mobs take more dot damage. #2 you get med time. Kinda baffled at the whole dot run dot run tactic.

At level 19 roots won't consistently stick on mommas, so you can either die trying to get one to stick or just run away. As time goes by of course root/rot would work more efficiently but the xp you gain kiting red mommas is certainly worth the time spent kiting them...

But hell I only did it from 9-32 (starting on red calves) so what do I know?

Regards,
Mg

Izor_01
08-27-2013, 02:52 PM
At level 19 roots won't consistently stick on mommas, so you can either die trying to get one to stick or just run away. As time goes by of course root/rot would work more efficiently but the xp you gain kiting red mommas is certainly worth the time spent kiting them...

But hell I only did it from 9-32 (starting on red calves) so what do I know?

Regards,
Mg

damn well i am going to try this tonight and report back...

mgellan
08-27-2013, 02:54 PM
#1 rooted mobs take more dot damage.

Damage is a set amount per tick whether the mob is moving or not, why would rooting cause more damage?

Regards,
Mg

Vellaen
08-27-2013, 03:04 PM
DoTs do 2/3 damage to a mob that is moving when not fleeing/feared.

pharmakos
08-27-2013, 03:14 PM

^^ truth

Estu
08-27-2013, 03:18 PM

Yeah, this was patched in like two years ago. Mgellan seriously out of the loop :p

mgellan
08-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Learn something new every day :) Then again, all I do these days is root and rot so seems like my kiting days were pre-patch...

Kiting still better than dying to me tho. At 19 if a momma gets more than a lick or two on you you're toast.

Regards,
Mg

Zeonick
08-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Learn something new every day :) Then again, all I do these days is root and rot so seems like my kiting days were pre-patch...

Kiting still better than dying to me tho. At 19 if a momma gets more than a lick or two on you you're toast.

Regards,
Mg

Yeah at 19 root rot would not be an option. I first tried it at 26 and with some being even con or just a level below me I was wasting tons of mana rerooting. It's a lot more efficient for me now that I am 28.

I feel like the plat Isn't too good though - tusks drop rarely. I did have a good session last night where I got about 5 in an hour, but still That's only 50pp/hr.

Izor_01
08-28-2013, 07:09 AM
well i was able to land dots and stuff on the mammoths i only had a little while to try but it's definitely possible. Going to mess around with a few different options to solo these things and see how efficient I can get it.

I am going to kill guards somewhere when i can for sure and take advantage of my evil faction!

thanks for the help everyone!

Zeonick
08-28-2013, 10:59 AM
The only thing about HHK guards is that there are 2 guards at the entrance that are probably level 29-33? and if you cant kill them both or invis you cant get into the zone to start killing the other easy guards. When I hit 29 and can invis myself passed them, I will def. start owning guards :D

Swish
08-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Neriak guards are probably doable.

The various Norrath bards are level 25 and doable then.

OOT sisters as mentioned, need to break the spawn or stick to Antinime and her pal (singles) near the dock.

The giant fort in Warslik's Woods drop the usual giant loot and possible a forest loop as a rare.

I'm sure there's others too :p

Zire
08-28-2013, 01:48 PM
You could try killing the elementals in Najena. I think they range from 16-22, approximately. The elementals drop various mats that sell pretty well in EC. Fire elementals drop lava rocks that sell for 100pp, air elementals drop swirling mist that sells for 50pp, and earth elementals drop drops of mercury that sell for 100pp.

Plus, the experience in that zone is pretty nice.