PDA

View Full Version : Epic Quests

fuji
07-15-2010, 04:52 PM
My question is, when Kunark goes live and epic quests are made available, will the harder epic quests be updated to the newer easier ones or will they be hard for awhile and then go easy? Kind of curious.

frefaln
07-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Go hard or go home!

... sorry, I just wanted to say that.

Qian
07-15-2010, 04:58 PM
I have not been on live for years so this is news to me. Which quests did they decide were too hard?

Toony
07-15-2010, 04:59 PM
My question is, when Kunark goes live and epic quests are made available, will the harder epic quests be updated to the newer easier ones or will they be hard for awhile and then go easy? Kind of curious.

If I had to guess.. I'd say they'll follow the original time line/difficulty as closely as the devs can make happen.

Tronjer
07-15-2010, 05:02 PM
Some melee epics were not worth it anyway, as they already got replaced with Velious.

fuji
07-15-2010, 05:12 PM
I have not been on live for years so this is news to me. Which quests did they decide were too hard?

Personally I remember wizzy epic going from 2nd hardest to 2nd easiest. I think there were others as well, but not completely positive.

guineapig
07-15-2010, 05:16 PM
By the time the epic quests are in the game many current level 50's will be level 60 since the epics are released months after Kunark.

I don't think they got easier for another couple expansions... possibly no ttill the level cap was 65 or at the very least people have Velious and Luclin raid gear.

That being said, it all depends on how much help you have. If you have a a raid of 30+ people taking out your targets it will be easy no matter what.
It's more of a time sink than difficult.

guineapig
07-15-2010, 05:18 PM
I think back in the day the difficulty was in figuring out the damn quests to start with.
Now you can find a million different write ups on how to do them.

mmiles8
07-15-2010, 05:20 PM
If I recall correctly, which I may not, they weren't replaced, but a second, stand-in item to progress to epic 2.0 was added for those who had not completed epic 1.0, as many classes had not, and this was mainly to prevent a huge clusterfuck of classic competition simply to reach 2.0.

And I believe that many of those involved items from beyond the first two and three expansions.

Ellia
07-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Personally I agree with Frefain...but wont complain, give the rules and I'll follow them.

Jugthug42
07-15-2010, 05:41 PM
What about stuff like Ragefire spawning in Naggy's lair and what not, before he became spawnable.

Also wasnt Faydedar for the druid epic not triggerable at first, and you had to run into him as a world spawn?

Aeolwind
07-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Yes, Cazic will be KOS to Irak.

How's that for an indication of difficulty?

Tronjer
07-15-2010, 06:56 PM
If I recall correctly, which I may not, they weren't replaced, but a second, stand-in item to progress to epic 2.0 was added for those who had not completed epic 1.0, as many classes had not, and this was mainly to prevent a huge clusterfuck of classic competition simply to reach 2.0.

Was a side quest as prerequisite for epic 1.5 and could be easily accomplished within a few days.

Between Kunark and Velious release were merely 8 months and given the fact, that it took quite some time to finish some of the harder epics, at least for my class it wasn't worth the effort. Even in the early state of Vellious one could easily kill Vaniki for Willsapper with 3 groups, whereas farming Kunark dragons and doing Queen in Chardok was a pita in comparison.

fuji
07-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Was a side quest as prerequisite for epic 1.5 and could be easily accomplished within a few days.

Between Kunark and Velious release were merely 8 months and given the fact, that it took quite some time to finish some of the harder epics, at least for my class it wasn't worth the effort. Even in the early state of Vellious one could easily kill Vaniki for Willsapper with 3 groups, whereas farming Kunark dragons and doing Queen in Chardok was a pita in comparison.

Willsapper was the shit and made you look like a monk, but you still needed a good offhand and I think epic was the next best thing.

mimixownzall
07-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Big problem for mages was the staff off Inno. It had a less than 1% drop rate off of a mob that spawned once a week. So, that means, statistically, that there would be one drop every 2 years.

Yeah, there was a reason there were some changes to epics.

RKromwell
07-16-2010, 01:19 AM
That reminds me, I never did finish mine...

Taluvill
07-16-2010, 01:36 AM
Big problem for mages was the staff off Inno. It had a less than 1% drop rate off of a mob that spawned once a week. So, that means, statistically, that there would be one drop every 2 years.

Yeah, there was a reason there were some changes to epics.

Wizards(i think, never played one) needed a staff to drop from VS that was a PITA to get, and the flayed skin of cazic thule was just like the mage epic staff.

MorganTPSO
07-16-2010, 05:22 AM
Bards are very tied to their epics, doesn't get replaced til instrument mods on armor, which weren't til like PoP I think? And even then, it was tough to get all the mods on individual pieces as opposed to the all-in-one epic.

-Morgn

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-16-2010, 05:55 AM
Personally I agree with Frefain...but wont complain, give the rules and I'll follow them.

rules were made to be shaken not stirred!

fuji
07-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Wizards(i think, never played one) needed a staff to drop from VS that was a PITA to get, and the flayed skin of cazic thule was just like the mage epic staff.

Yep, you are right. It was 3 staffs, VS dropped staff almost everytime. Phinny dropped his staff like 1 in 10 and the flayed skin from CT was like 1 in 20 or 30 I think, plus CT got upgraded to 2.0, so very few people had epic. During velious they later added the CT part of the quest with a golem in fear that dropped the part you needed for epic.

But anyways, I think the hardest epics were mag or sk.

Frankee
07-16-2010, 01:15 PM
I'd love the chance to get mine although I didn't play warrior on live. I was mid epic with my enchanter but lost everything due to a rotting corpse and never went back to redo it all.

lechrac1
07-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Bards epic was a super pain in the ass. Not only did you need to kill trak once, you had to do it again the next day once the UDB was up. This all sucked cause, like someone posted earlier, bards are very tied to their epics. I didnt replace mine till well into GOD.

Aarone
07-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Ragefire. With all the love and rainbows that float around SolB as it is these days, I can't wait to see how the Cleric Epic unfolds on the P99 server...

lechrac1
07-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Probably just another perma camped mob like most of the crap these days.

Reiker
07-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Epics will be somewhat easier here due to wrong drop rates on Earth Staff, Soul Leech, Pegasus Cloak, etc.

Barthorn
07-16-2010, 03:12 PM
^^^^

rioisk
07-17-2010, 04:11 AM
I am going to enjoy the rants and flame section when epics go live. Imagine, a sever full of people who already know what the quest will be before it happens. Add that to the current state of raiding and you have one hell of a fun time.

Personally can't wait to hear the bitching.

Qaedain
07-17-2010, 04:30 AM
I can't wait to see the banning.

fuji
07-17-2010, 12:09 PM
I cant wait to see the suicides.

Wait...too far?