PDA

View Full Version : Rogue stat priority after str softcap..

Stabulous
09-02-2013, 08:00 PM
I know it's all about str, but to my knowledge you get diminishing returns on core stats after 200. So after I reach 200 strength, what stats should I worry about working on the most? Is strength still the best even with diminishing returns and being hardcapped when sham buffed or does the priority change? Thanks.

Motec
09-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Getting it to 255, or if you only use when with a buffing class whatever is an amount that gets you 255 buffed. After that either HP, or resists. Nothing else matters for dick.

Rogue that is alive doing 100dps for 100sec does more dps than a rogue doing 105dps for 80sec because he is feared, or dead for instance. So much more to it than tunnel visioning one stat.

Borador
09-03-2013, 12:51 PM
IMO dex after str and get a blood point. On live I had a scimitar of life stealing and blood point I'd switch in and out for grouping or soloing and it was amazing.. Pure resist gear is mostly switched out as needed anyway... its silly to have HP, sta, and resists if you are just dpsing in a group.

Tecmos Deception
09-03-2013, 12:54 PM
IMO dex after str and get a blood point. On live I had a scimitar of life stealing and blood point I'd switch in and out for grouping or soloing and it was amazing.. Pure resist gear is mostly switched out as needed anyway... its silly to have HP, sta, and resists if you are just dpsing in a group.

Not ideal, imo. Most everyone who can afford a blood point is going to have a better piercer for mainhand (rapier of oriin, serpent's tooth, epic, etc), and offhand even with 255 dex is only going to proc once a minute. It would take a hell of a lot of effort to get max str and max dex on a rogue that isn't being raid buffed just for 1 bloodpoint proc every minute. You'd be better off worrying about HP and resists (especially MR) as secondary stats just incase you pull aggro and evade fails or wizard mobs are AEing or a random shaman add tries to slow you, etc.

quido
09-03-2013, 12:59 PM
I think if you have your strength needs met through gear/clickies, then stamina is the way to go really. Dexterity is either an awful or a useless stat for rogues depending on whether or not you're wielding a proc. May as well increase your beef a little bit and get some hps.

If I'm not capped in strength, I'm definitely looking to get there.

Nirgon
09-04-2013, 12:32 PM
resist > sta

Calabee
09-05-2013, 09:25 AM
dex helps with offensive combat skills such as dual weild and double attack, parsed 'n proven.. small % but still there, fuck you dex haters.

koros
09-09-2013, 03:20 PM
dex helps with offensive combat skills such as dual weild and double attack, parsed 'n proven.. small % but still there, fuck you dex haters.

These are functions of level and skill boss. It's 100% known how they work, and dex has ZERO to do with them.

Nirgon
09-09-2013, 05:10 PM
iirc dex SHOULD be helping with bard notes being missed

Didn't play a bard on live, so I can't say what scaling would make sense

Motec
09-09-2013, 05:14 PM
I would never go for stamina Jeremy. Its useless crap stat returns, nor are there any big money STA items that a rogue can use that dont sacrifice something else more important to put on.

Resists or raw HP over anything else post str cap.

Resists over anything including str cap if chance of death of AE.

Absolutely nothing matters as a rogue as much as staying alive. It is the one single defining function of the class to do steady DPS. Dieing, at any point in a fight except when the mob is at 0% I would consider unacceptable of any rogue if it was their choice in gear causing it. Like stupid lifetap procs, or failing to have enough hp/resists in favor of a mediocre amount of strength.

That is compounded so much so later in the game with escape and arsehole CR's.

Also to retards arguing. Dex does nothing but affect proc rates.
Currently in the game RB+RSSS is the top end dps combo. No procs, no dex needed.
In early velious this will change to hsagra+RB or claw of lightning. No procs.
Endgame velious you end up with primal/Mrylokars+MHT/primal. Dex irrelevent because avatar always on.

Also sacrificing any ratio benefit for a lifetap proc is foolish.
Lifetap procs are a good 230% of the instantaneous hate of a normal DD proc, and you shouldnt be getting hit so often you need procs to keep you up.

I often ran with 3 lifetap procs later on in the game (epic2, mace of tortured nightmares, and those aug things) but that was about the only time in EQ ever that rogues could get away with it. Absolutely not in kunark/velious/luclin.
Even in luclin the top end lifetap poker (ishnaer xial 15/20 spear and emp 16/20 slasher) were ludicrously high aggro compared to a khal and any other offhand (ignoring khal proc). PoP never had any top end lifetap weaps for rogues, for good reason I think.

I think you'll find a very clear point when gearing for str becomes very expensive and futile. On young Motec the rogue, I've already stopped at about 210 and am all +HP and +MR (because being slowed while XP'ing is retarded...). I could no doubt get 240ish, but the cost is ridiculous.