PDA

View Full Version : Bard demonstration

Hazek
09-04-2013, 01:05 PM
I started uploading short videos of my EQ adventures since I find myself watching EQ videos when I can't play, and I really enjoy them.

The first clip is my low level bard twink (no fungi, just FBSS and gear) soloing a difficult white caster with a pet (that you can't run from). Even though its mostly for enjoyment, I think it will help some new bards, and maybe even veterans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtbCuD5U2Yk

What can be learned from the video.

1. UI setup - I feel like this setup is great for having a clear screen with plenty of visual space, and placement of the hotbars for easy instrument swapping. I also have everything keybound because clicking sucks and its clunky / slow.

2. Instrument swapping - Towards the end I demonstrate how to swap instruments for maximum song effect while twisting. Also note the strafe while swapping. Strafing and jumping allows you to move slightly faster. A great technique when you don't have sow / selos and need to escape.

3. 4 song twist - 3 songs can be twisted consistently. 4 songs can be twisted about 95% consistently. You will have a quick song drop every so often. You can twist manually (I prefer) or with stopsong macros.

A. Manual twisting - Example: Cast song with hotkey Q. Stop casting with next song hotkey E. Cast next song with hotkey E. Stop casting with next song hotkey R. Cast next song with R. Stop casting with Q again, then repeat the cycle. So you're just doubletapping the next song hotkey. Example: Q, EE, RR, FF - QQ, EE, RR, FF - QQ, EE RR, FF etc.

B. Stopsong macros - Create a macro with /stopsong and /cast 1 - The benefit is that you can simply press the next hotkey, rather than double pressing it. The downside is that you have to setup hotkeys for every song.

4. Camera switching I have two camera views bound. This allows me to easily switch to first person when I need to chase a mob or turn quickly. Or I can switch to third person if I need to kite or see whats behind me. With third person I simply turn with A and D while kiting and twisting.

More videos to come if you like the channel. Hope this helped.