PDA

View Full Version : Soloing 50-60 as a Monk...

mefdinkins
09-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Hello Gents - what did everyone do from 50-60 as a monk when they were solo?

Some locations w/ advice would be really nice. For instance: what zone, is there a specific spot in that zone that's best, do you need special gear like fungi/resists?

Spacebar
09-07-2013, 12:49 PM
City of Mist is good from late 40's to about 54, maybe 55. You can also get the Drolvarge Ragers/Ravishing (maybe) around 53/55. 55/56 can solo some entrance area mobs in KC (although it's kinda hard to find a time of day where KC isn't packed). Not really sure after that, cause i just hit 56. I'm sure there are other good places. I just like CoM cause of no runners and always shaman around that you can donate for some buffs (better than destroying the plat) or duo with.

For me, though, the best experience is always a duo (with a priest class, of course). But as long as you have the gear, soloing can be kinda good. I honestly get better experience when I solo at the KC entrance at 55 than when I have a full group in KC. However, a duo always gets the best xp.

Silent
09-08-2013, 08:04 AM
I also did bloodgills 48-53 as iksar, I did have a fungi which allowed me to start there earlier. Also being iksar allowed me to intimidate the gobbys every so often so as to regen hp while I chased and beat them down. The same can be done once 50 im sure, and then replace fungi with bandages if no fungi is available. After 53 I would say try city of mist, Bring lots of bandages as its a decent run to cabilis. You can solo to 60 in CoM no problem. I never solo'd there a lot like some people did, But I did 58-59 there and as a iksar monk with epic/fungi and SoS I still required a bag or more of bandages to help for when I got low. You need to learn to manage your mend, stonestance and minimize on taking any extra damage not needed. I basically revolved mine around timers so when mend was down, stonestance was up. If I got low I would use one.

gcobb
09-15-2013, 01:57 AM
Is CoM a viable solo spot without a fungi?