PDA

View Full Version : Does +Cha effect only Charm, or Mez also?

VincentVolaju
07-17-2010, 12:59 AM
I've heard a few diff things from people in game. Was wondering do I only really need to stack +Cha gear if I am going to be soloing with Charm spells, or do I need for Mez too?

Also, how exactly does +Cha effect the spells? Does it add to there duration, or the chance the spell will land, or how early / random the spell can break?

nicemace
07-17-2010, 07:49 AM
yes it helps mez, how much? meh dunno really.

it only helps on resist chances for spells like mez, charm, lull. example, you charm something, it helps with the resist checks while still charmed etc.

it does help with agro from resists on lull. aka more cha = less chance of agro from resist.

and PLEASE note: mez is a fixed duration spell, it CAN NOT break early unless broken by a player/pet. ive seen too many bad enchs say 'omg my mez sucks cause of my bad cha'

if you dont plan on ever charming / effectively lulling... then its perfectly viable to play a ench without needing to worry about cha.

Ropethunder
07-17-2010, 05:33 PM
From what I understand it doesn't affect the resist rate as it does whether the mob will decide to attack on resist.

There is a method "PassCharismaCheck" that occurs on resist that uses the following formula:

MobR = ((((MobMR + MobLevel) / 3) / MobMaxMR()) + (RandomFloat(-10, 10) / 100.0)

CasterR = (((CasterCha + CasterLevel / 3) / CasterMaxCha) + (RandomFloat(-10, 10) / 100.0)

if(r1 < r2)
Result = true

if not PassCharismaCheck
AddToHateList

So, yes. Charisma can make a big difference whether you live or die on resist after taking into consideration the mob's level and MR. Level discrepancy is much more important and will result in critical failures much more often if you try to lull something that's yellow or red to you.

This is from the EQEmu source code so it may have been changed for p99.

There is a similar charisma check every tick against the mob level, mr, and then charisma when charming.

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-17-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm actually a believer, I couldn't leave her, if I tried... oh sorry got caught up there.

I actually believe it helps shaman and monks as well. shrug.

Bubbles
07-17-2010, 07:08 PM
There's the old wives tale that high CHA helps % success of cleric stuns.

And a low CHA helps necros with Screaming Terror, Fear, etc...

Kambris
07-18-2010, 12:31 AM
And a low CHA helps necros with Screaming Terror, Fear, etc...

Now this piques my curiosity. Can anyone elaborate on this or is it really just a silly myth?

Bubbles
07-18-2010, 01:11 AM
Now this piques my curiosity. Can anyone elaborate on this or is it really just a silly myth?

It'd be pretty hard to test. I mean, what race for necros has high CHA to begin with? :) hence the old wives tale...