PDA

View Full Version : Where does medium bronze armor drop?

Magnum
09-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Hey guys,

Newish player here, just got to 15 and can afford some bronze, but the prices in EC are way too high. Guy wanted like 200p for not even a full set! Anyway, I know this stuff drops off mobs but where? I'd like to run to that zone and buy it cheap from players. I'm at Mistmoore Castle right now and people said only small bronze drops here, where can I find the medium stuff?

Thanks!

Lurgort/Sseri
09-12-2013, 10:09 AM
AFAIK, SolB.

diplo
09-12-2013, 10:14 AM
dawg, your story is sad as fuck...if you catch me on, PM me across servers and i'll give you some start-up cash in EC.

Magnum
09-12-2013, 10:26 AM
dawg, your story is sad as fuck...if you catch me on, PM me across servers and i'll give you some start-up cash in EC.

Haha everyone has to start somewhere, I farmed willowwisps for like two levels to get some armor lol. Thanks and I'll give you a pm!

ripwind
09-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Hey guys,

Newish player here, just got to 15 and can afford some bronze, but the prices in EC are way too high. Guy wanted like 200p for not even a full set! Anyway, I know this stuff drops off mobs but where? I'd like to run to that zone and buy it cheap from players. I'm at Mistmoore Castle right now and people said only small bronze drops here, where can I find the medium stuff?

Thanks!

What class are you?

Kohedron
09-12-2013, 11:12 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Bronze_Breastplate

I've been in MM for a few levels and don't remember seeing any drop, so that list may be wrong. Seems like solb is the best place to look in that case.

Fael
09-12-2013, 11:18 AM
even on the server start up with bronze in highest demand, it should not be more than 2pp per ac...

But yea: Sol B is a good spot for medium bronze. But you wont be able to go there until level 30+

Dolic

Magnum
09-12-2013, 11:36 AM
What class are you?

Half Elf bard! Played a bard in live only got to 20, this guys going all the way!

Magnum
09-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Looks like you can buy Banded off merchants near forges from Smiths leveling up... Never thought of that but that's really smart, I'll try and see if I can find any. Thanks everyone for the help!

Samoht Farstrider
09-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Just get a set of banded. That's what I just did. Only 80pp for the whole set. Granted I look gay in the gold sequin, but I dont really care about looks.

Magnum
09-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Just get a set of banded. That's what I just did. Only 80pp for the whole set. Granted I look gay in the gold sequin, but I dont really care about looks.

That's the thing though, as a bard you ONLY get in groups based on how cool you look, right guys? :)

NegaStoat
09-12-2013, 06:09 PM

The basic armor textures are kinda "meh". Consider tossing in the Velious textures early.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=645740&postcount=16

The second download option is the one with the killer tizmak graphics applied to all leather, et. I use it with no regrets.

Another option is to skip bronze entirely, and go for fine plate. Grab full banded initially, with some exceptions for high AC / common junk drop replacements, like Lumberjack's Cap, Thick Leather Apron or Straw Spun Belt, etc. Sometime in your late teens or whatever, head to zones to skill up tailoring to where patchwork is maxed out and making leather paddings is trivial. Then hunt the crap and make your own leather paddings.

The goal then is to gather materials and make a deal for a smith to make you Fineplate pieces at a discount (since you did a lot of gathering on your own). Again, weigh the options of fineplate price vs. common plate quality drop items that sell at a common low price.

Bronze is neat, but the weight vs. AC gain is pretty crappy. I'd skip it entirely if I could.

indiscriminate_hater
09-12-2013, 07:10 PM
i remember outfitting my guy w/ bronze by just buying the pieces off of vendors. i forgot which exactly had them, but some gypsies in oasis do, the dark elves in south ro usually have a piece or two, and the armorer in north or east freeport has some.

as far as i know they're only like 3pp per piece or less when you buy them from vendors (memory may be fuzzy though)

indiscriminate_hater
09-12-2013, 07:11 PM
east commonlands innkeepers will sometimes have a piece when people hunting in DL come back to sell their crap. i'd run around that whole region of antonica and check vendors

LiQuid
09-12-2013, 07:13 PM
I have nearly an entire set of Blackened Iron armor from that goblin dungeon from mucking around the other day. It's only missing the hat (which is what I wanted) and the sleeves but you can have the rest of it for free if you want. It's like banded only it's BLACK so it looks bitchin! Send me a PM on here if you want. :)

Acrux Bcrux
09-12-2013, 07:20 PM
If solb is a good place for it, try the druid vendor at the druid rings in lavastorm id assume you might get lucky?

Drone
09-12-2013, 10:09 PM
kill nybrights, buy lambent

webrunner5
09-13-2013, 12:07 AM
I see Bronze gear a lot at the Druid Ring Vendors.