PDA

View Full Version : A Battle Between the Gods

Netherzul
09-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Bored and with Velious in the (distant?) horizon, I've been considering the strengths and abilities of some of the current Dragons and future Gods within Everquest.

I want to take this discussion as far as Planes of Power (due to the amount of Gods within that expansion). With that said, in your opinion, if the Gods were to have a battle royale, who would make it to the final 4 of the battle and ultimately, who would win?

Please don't just post the name of the Dragons / Gods ... add why you think they'd win as well.

I'll save my opinions for later as I'm curious as to what you all think!

gotrocks
09-13-2013, 08:30 PM
I think it's pretty obvious veeshan would win, right?

Do I even need to list the reasons for this?

Arteker
09-13-2013, 08:31 PM
lore wise or raw power?

SamwiseRed
09-13-2013, 08:35 PM
kerafyrm (altho not a god)

because he is the ultimate badass of badasses. will always be in the end game boss in my eyes. pras.

if i had to choose a god i guess it would be Sullon Zek.

here is some good lore i guess if you wanna read up a little
http://everquestlore.wikia.com/wiki/EQGods

Flamewraith
09-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Rallos almost managed to seize everything with his army of ogres and such, he was only stopped when the ogres were cursed by many gods who feared them. If he were to rally his followers (giants, ogres, goblins? and players) he could probably have a pretty powerful army like he had years ago. I also believe that Tunare would be a mean bitch to go up against. Control of nature, and from that the life of ecosystems is a power I bet most would underestimate.

Samoht
09-13-2013, 09:00 PM
I also believe that Tunare would be a mean bitch to go up against. Control of nature, and from that the life of ecosystems is a power I bet most would underestimate.

we will be killing tunare on a regular basis once velious is released.

Tecmos Deception
09-13-2013, 09:00 PM
Are we talking about a battle of the gods a character can select as a deity based on their stories, or a battle of the ingame raid bosses who are gods, or what?

gotrocks
09-13-2013, 09:02 PM
If you can select anything, it would have to be veeshan. She's bigger than all of norrath. Pretty sure she'd just sit on rallos/tunare/whoever.

senna
09-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Yea pretty sure its Veeshan

AFAIK lore wise, Kunark was one of her dingleberries that fell off.

Flamewraith
09-13-2013, 09:17 PM
we will be killing tunare on a regular basis once velious is released.

Yeah well the guy asked for lore-power. If we went by game difficulty it would be whatever god was released in the latest xpac.

Kika Maslyaka
09-13-2013, 09:48 PM
technically Veshan was never in game per say, but if you go exp progression wise (keryfirm aside since he is not suppose to be awaken), then Fenin, Rath Council, Cornaiv and Xegony make the final 4 BEFORE PoTime. In PoTime you will much harder versions of many gods, and of course ultimately you have Quarm who kills everyone ;)

Estolcles
09-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Erollisi Marr would win by making everyone stop fighting and go into a love fest, and once everyone was tired from all the lovin', she would be the last one left standing.

*Is biased, though*

Flamewraith
09-13-2013, 10:04 PM
I think that mayong is a mean mother fucker too. He could probably take on some of the weaker gods (Erollisi (sorry estoc :p) Rodcet, and maybe Bristle)

Lu|z Sect
09-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Awkward.

Flamewraith
09-13-2013, 10:26 PM
This message is hidden because Lu|z Sect is on your ignore list.

Arteker
09-13-2013, 10:36 PM
speaking lore wise
1: the nameless. creator of gods and universe.
2: the Rathe council : if 13 memebrs are active and using the artifact know as thaumatox.
3 veeshan or oshiruk , both same level of power but veeshan is more adept to using magic and had a upper edge while oshiruk armour is shattered otehrwise oshiruk almost killed her.

if u follow eq lore wich realy was updated and upgraded in expansions after pop there is plenty of stuff about eq gods.

like Cazic thule is realy and for good killed .like sullon zek,
u should try to grab some of the post pop age lore if u wanna know more about gods and what happened to them in many cases.

heals4reals
09-13-2013, 11:40 PM
This message is hidden because Lu|z Sect is on your ignore list.

Awkward.

gotrocks
09-14-2013, 12:13 AM
^^lol you stole my idea.

Lune
09-14-2013, 12:21 AM
Relegate your shitposting to RNF, faggots

Lojik
09-14-2013, 01:07 AM
Heisenberg

heals4reals
09-14-2013, 01:15 AM
Relegate your shitposting to RNF, faggots

sir that kind of language is not for server chat

i respectfully ask u to step outside and rethink your approach

Lu|z Sect
09-14-2013, 01:37 AM
Awkward.

myriverse
09-14-2013, 07:57 AM
Going by lore, the tier directly beneath The Nameless (the one true god) are the elemental gods: E'ci, Fennin Ro, The Rathe, and Xegony. So awesome is their power that it should not be felt, lest everyone be destroyed.

Then, beneath them come the major players in the realm of mortals.

Visual
09-14-2013, 08:23 AM
Rallos

Pretty sure shadowknight pets are soloing him at this point on live

pasi
09-14-2013, 12:53 PM
I've done a lot of NPC vs NPC fights on Morell Thule. You just dbspawn both guys in a zone that has the model enabled (West Wastes is really good for Dragons and Giants) and have em attack each other. HP is King in these fights.

Flamewraith
09-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Pretty sure shadowknight pets are soloing him at this point on live

Again, I'm assuming he wants LORE power. LORE power. Like I said just last page, if we went by game power, it would be whichever being was released in the latest xpac.

myriverse
09-14-2013, 02:41 PM
You're not really killing gods in the game when you kill them.

Flamewraith
09-14-2013, 03:22 PM
You're not really killing gods in the game when you kill them.

No, but you are destroying their avatars, which in effect is weakening them. In current EQ lore cazic thule is dead. Dead as in permanently gone forever.

Millburn
09-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Gone for ever huh? What sort of impact did that have on the rest of the world?

Flamewraith
09-14-2013, 04:49 PM
Gone for ever huh? What sort of impact did that have on the rest of the world?

Well from some dialog from Rallos it sounds like the gods are now kind of scared of the mortals from Norrath, it also seems like Cazic's daughter has inherited his rule and she is evil as fuck.

myriverse
09-14-2013, 05:21 PM
No, but you are destroying their avatars, which in effect is weakening them. In current EQ lore cazic thule is dead. Dead as in permanently gone forever.
Not quite "forever." The lore even insinuates that he can return by gathering his energy. He's only resting.

Flamewraith
09-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Not quite "forever." The lore even insinuates that he can return by gathering his energy. He's only resting.

You sure? Even I was skeptic until the latest xpac focused solely on the consequences of his death in that his entire plane shatters and crashes into Norrath. Generally when a god's plane is utterly destroyed, he is pretty dead.

myriverse
09-15-2013, 08:21 AM
Several times after the final battle, Luclin says that he is only asleep and will awaken every now and then. Weakened, yes, but not sincerely dead.

Other than Discordian gods (which aren't really part of the pantheon), the only other god that has died is the 13th Rathe member, and that's questionable, too.

Millburn
09-15-2013, 09:23 AM
What happened to the 13th Rathe member? I should read up on all the EQ lore that's floating around, it's all super interesting to me.

susvain0362
09-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Yea pretty sure its Veeshan

AFAIK lore wise, Kunark was one of her dingleberries that fell off.

Lololol

heals4reals
09-15-2013, 06:56 PM
good 1

http://i.imgur.com/pshuTAG.gif

Arteker
09-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Several times after the final battle, Luclin says that he is only asleep and will awaken every now and then. Weakened, yes, but not sincerely dead.

Other than Discordian gods (which aren't really part of the pantheon), the only other god that has died is the 13th Rathe member, and that's questionable, too.

gods cannot be killed while they are in their own plane.

if u look at pop lore u will see infact all gods who fougth in potime where slain by mortals for good. the final even when the time line is reseted bring back them alive.

Cazic thule fate is told in the house of thule and follow up expansions: he is dead for sure , there is rumours about he may come back if enough fear fragments are recovered but for now he is dead.

rathe mountains is where the kidnapped 13 member was slain, he was taken out of poearth annd executed. with the aid of discord.

this bringed the ultimate curse over rallos races such giants ogres orcs etc etc , the own rallos zek essence was traped in material plane wich is why velious giants still have their intelligence intact.

brekt: im not exactly sure he counts as a god or a empowered creature by discord.

oshiruk: dead for good.

veeshans: lies cripled in the space u can see her body far in sky .

The big question is , luclin was intended to be in shadows of luclin as part of the akhevan storyline but in the rush she was left out along the promised even of seru forces and katta

myriverse
09-16-2013, 07:00 AM
if u look at pop lore u will see infact all gods who fougth in potime where slain by mortals for good. the final even when the time line is reseted bring back them alive.
No, they are all brought back at the end of that.

Cazic thule fate is told in the house of thule and follow up expansions: he is dead for sure , there is rumours about he may come back if enough fear fragments are recovered but for now he is dead.
Exactly. His final fate was what Luclin told you at the end of that: He is only resting.

this bringed the ultimate curse over rallos races such giants ogres orcs etc etc , the own rallos zek essence was traped in material plane wich is why velious giants still have their intelligence intact.
Rallos= not dead.

brekt: im not exactly sure he counts as a god or a empowered creature by discord.
Discordian doesn't count.

oshiruk: dead for good.
Discordian doesn't count.

veeshans: lies cripled in the space u can see her body far in sky .
Yeah. Not dead.