PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get a new ogre character to Field of Bone?

Alluura
09-15-2013, 02:10 AM
Hello all!

Ports aside, are there any good strategies to get a lowbie ogre to FoB?

runlvlzero
09-15-2013, 02:31 AM
Fearrot>Innothule>S ro>Oasis>OT (bind at outpost)>Warsliks woods>FoB (bind OUTSide of Kaesora in FoB)

GL

Yinikren
09-15-2013, 02:36 AM
The other option is to pay a druid to port you to DL, invis/lev/sow, run to KC, evac to EJ, run to FoB. A good druid would even make sure you survive the trip to bind.

Estu
09-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Not really any reason to NOT take a port unless you like running around Norrath and probably getting killed. Most druids and wizards are happy to port a newbie who asks politely if they're not busy.

Swish
09-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Not really any reason to NOT take a port unless you like running around Norrath and probably getting killed. Most druids and wizards are happy to port a newbie who asks politely if they're not busy.

I'd rather take the boat to OT honestly.

Landing in DL and running from there as an evil character just adds to the chances of death.

When you get to the OT outpost, get someone to bind you and you'll probably do well to get a sow/invis from someone hunting/sitting around the SF entrance. Doing that will then help you get through Warsliks Woods far more easier... because if one goblin caster sees you, you're toast :p

Tecmos Deception
09-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Why would you want to go to FoB? Hate this damn zone. Newbie area is full of level 1-2 mobs but then no level 3-5s. Pit has a bunch of 5-10 stuff but is also full of pathing, kos, level 14 shit that kills you even if you train to guards because you pick up a bunch of decaying skeles along the way and then the guards spend 30 seconds killing those before they kill the iksar marauders you have on you.

Kurns rocks, but omfg FoB sucks.

bloodmuffin
09-15-2013, 11:31 AM
I wonder if this will work.

Start at EC.

Grab Sow/DMF and Invis pot (or Camo and hope it lasts).

Run to Nro, Oasis, Barrel Barge to TD, Run to Firepots.

Arrive at firepots. Use invis potion, click on Cabilis Portal.

I'm not sure where the portal puts you, or even if it's safe haha.

Thulack
09-15-2013, 11:36 AM
I wonder if this will work.

Start at EC.

Grab Sow/DMF and Invis pot (or Camo and hope it lasts).

Run to Nro, Oasis, Barrel Barge to TD, Run to Firepots.

Arrive at firepots. Use invis potion, click on Cabilis Portal.

I'm not sure where the portal puts you, or even if it's safe haha.

portal puts you at the LoiO/East Cab zoneline. You could do that and pray your invise doesnt wear off. Ive run through Cab on a good toon before if you have lev and know your way you can just outrun the guards.

webrunner5
09-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Why would you want to go to FoB? Hate this damn zone. Newbie area is full of level 1-2 mobs but then no level 3-5s. Pit has a bunch of 5-10 stuff but is also full of pathing, kos, level 14 shit that kills you even if you train to guards because you pick up a bunch of decaying skeles along the way and then the guards spend 30 seconds killing those before they kill the iksar marauders you have on you.

Kurns rocks, but omfg FoB sucks.

He is right. FoB is a crap hole for XP. You kill 5 mobs and Die, rinse and repeat. You spend more time running back and forth to the guards than killing.

gotrocks
09-15-2013, 11:39 AM
I would not try running through cabilis.

City is deadly as fuck and there's mobs that see invis (crusaders everywhere with deadeye).

I can see why he wants to get to kurns, tho, or even FoB. Both are awesome leveling spots, though tecmos is right there are a couple problem lvls. Once you hit about lvl 8 in the FoB You straight up just skyrocket to 22ish. I <3 leveling in these two zones!!

Thulack
09-15-2013, 11:51 AM
I would not try running through cabilis.

City is deadly as fuck and there's mobs that see invis (crusaders everywhere with deadeye).

I can see why he wants to get to kurns, tho, or even FoB. Both are awesome leveling spots, though tecmos is right there are a couple problem lvls. Once you hit about lvl 8 in the FoB You straight up just skyrocket to 22ish. I <3 leveling in these two zones!!

Run through Cabilis dozens of times on good toons never once had anything see invise. maybe i just gotten lucky everytime and the path i take has no SI but i pass crusaders all the time and never get agro.

Thulack
09-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Some of the guards are actually indifferent even too good classes. forget which ones with certain title though.

Ciel
09-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Run through Cabilis dozens of times on good toons never once had anything see invise. maybe i just gotten lucky everytime and the path i take has no SI but i pass crusaders all the time and never get agro.

Same. Other than guild masters (very easy to avoid), nothing much in Cab sees through invis.

gotrocks
09-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Same. Other than guild masters (very easy to avoid), nothing much in Cab sees through invis.

yeah you guys are right, my mistake.

Alluura
09-15-2013, 01:52 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone! :D