PDA

View Full Version : Question on Anson/Stanos/Smuggler faction rogue epic

Silent
09-15-2013, 03:05 AM
So I did the epic turn in already, I have done a few general kills. Today I went up to MQ a epic to a new rogue and the smugglers were scowling to me, As was Anson, I wasn't able to spawn Stanos but I assume I am KOS to him too. I expected to be KoS to highkeep guards etc because I killed nobles there, But just a few days ago I was there doing parchment turn ins for more quests.

The p99 wiki says anson is on NO faction, same with stanos. But this makes no sense since apparently you need a certain faction with anson to spawn stanos with the 'i need to see stanos' trigger say. I have the full MQ ready to go, If there is a faction to repair what is it because the wiki doesn't say it. Nor do I have any idea how I couldve went from whatever faction to scowling in the last couple days when I have done nothing but sol b and pvp.

Worst comes to worst, I need to know if this would work:
1) have another rogue spawn Stanos,
2) He spams Hail to keep back turned while i turn in quill and pouch and then other rogue wanting epic turns in diamond dagger to receive epic.
3) Either I get the items turned in and die and get dragged and rezzed(hopeful option)
4) Items get eaten and im out of a quill/pouch, Maybe I should try the above first by turning in the Pouch and see if Stanos accepts it since pouch is pretty expendable compared to quill in epic terms.

Silent
09-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Resolved this by MQing the epic pieces I had via sneaking, Any help in repairing faction would be appreciated though. According to allas hes on carbon mccabe faction which the 5-6 orcs that spawn give on kill, along with scalps they drop give extra. I turned in upwards of 200 scalps and killed like 700 orcs and i am still scowling so the mobs are very clearly LOW LOW faction hits. There is a quest in RV that you can keep doing, it gives +carson faction -merchantsofRV faction which if repeated too many times ide be screwed out of vendoring without sneaking there and it too has no indication of how big of faction gain. I am going to keep at it, Because DA idols are farmed there also and ive seen 11 pass by in just one day with numerous bags I have given to newbies. Back on topic though hopefully I can see myself get from scowling to glareing at least in another 500 kills, So I at least know its working.

For all I know im 5 kills from glaring, or 5000 more kills, very frustrating thing faction is. I would assume every orc kill is like +5 faction at least, and the orc scalps are +10 at the very minimum, maybe even orcs 10 a kill too.

Cecily
09-17-2013, 03:33 PM
You're a rogue. I'd say forget the factioning, embrace your kos status, and enjoy the random fun it brings you. Leveling an Inny DE rogue up atm, and it's WAY more entertaining than being an agnostic wood elf.

Silent
09-29-2013, 04:57 PM
Well, The point of being something other then a dark elf is we already have illusion masks if we want to be dark elf, iksar, erudite, high elf etc. Being a Gnome or Halfling has major advantages in PVP when it comes to backstab or over all size and being able to dissapear.

Tikker
09-29-2013, 07:51 PM
Kill stanos and get high elf illusion mask

Cecily
10-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Well, The point of being something other then a dark elf is we already have illusion masks if we want to be dark elf, iksar, erudite, high elf etc.

Oh there's a point to not playing a dark elf, but it's not so much that one. Fun race for a class that can pretty much ignore factions though.

Swish
12-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Went to give Anson my Stanos Pack just now, the bastard ate it (cons apprehensive).

Not sure if I didn't need the pack from Qeynos Sewers, but then just said "I need to see Stanos", and he spawned (also apprehensive).

Cecily
12-25-2013, 07:53 AM
Well the point of that subquest was to serve as your introduction to Stanos in the first place and get him to spawn. So no big deal. The rogue epic quest was originally designed to be pretty epic. But it didn't take long for people to realize that you can completely bypass every single hard part, excluding the kedge robe.

In the future, don't do any negative faction con quest turn in ever. Always get behind the mob and do a sneak turn in if you con below indifferent.

BTW, now that I think of it, Malka gave you a pouch for Vilinus and he eventually gives you the same pouch to spawn Stanos. Might be coded as different items and why Anson ate your turn in. Props for trying to do the quest proper way, but just.. don't.

Notes + book of souls = Renux = General = Epic or Robe subquest = Epic.