PDA

View Full Version : Not Camping = Abusing IP Exemption / Pullin Cards On Deceitful

Clark
09-16-2013, 01:43 PM
There has been a big trend on the server of folks of abusing IP exemptions to avoid camping; instantly loading into another character. This not only allows them to mobilize faster than the majority of the server who has integrity, but it also gives them an advantage in regards to time never having to camp and just instant tabbing to another client to load right in seconds after /qing.

This stuff needs to stop it is not classic. You can even watch guys on their streams doing it. Sirken you said in the open twitch forum you will remove IP exemptions if evidence is provided or GM's witness people doing this. We need some justice for the people who play the game fairly.

Seeking justice for the honest rule abiding majority.

http://s24.postimg.org/qskvr9q85/Evidence1.png

http://s8.postimg.org/c9611rip1/Evidence2.png

http://s17.postimg.org/w7168wahr/Evidence3.png

http://s18.postimg.org/e9gwo8us9/Evidence4.png

http://s15.postimg.org/nz1wky56j/Evidence5.png

http://s15.postimg.org/esjlxnzy3/Evidence6.png

http://s2.postimg.org/tiurjdxyh/Evidence7.png

http://s24.postimg.org/s5gthr8qt/Evidence8.png

http://s9.postimg.org/z6lzzj4vj/Evidence9.png

http://s8.postimg.org/na5rkj0bp/Evidence10.png

Clark
09-16-2013, 01:43 PM
http://s18.postimg.org/foj17jc49/wtflol.png

Apeople
09-16-2013, 01:45 PM
It was furthermore stated, that instant poofing would result in perma-bans, but then gms renigged on their word...

Swish
09-16-2013, 01:49 PM
There has been a big trend on the server of folks of abusing IP exemptions to avoid camping...

Unfortunately even with the 2 offending accounts banned, our pal Jeremy probably has 10+ accounts to fall back on...TMO did buy up a ton of accounts while it was allowed.

Agree though, if you can't use it as intended - let the banhammer fall without any favoritism shown.

Apeople
09-16-2013, 01:49 PM
Makes me want to insta-poof train TMO, I'd only get a 2 day ban like Desmo, right? lol.. yeah right

Swish
09-16-2013, 01:51 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111125195/3218343-3569356709-13706.gif

Clark
09-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Agree though, if you can't use it as intended - let the banhammer fall without any favoritism shown.

For sure.

Also inb4 RNF :p

This isn't a Rant and Flames post/thread. This is for serious discussion about the integrity of the server and people openly/blatantly cheating.

Swish
09-16-2013, 02:07 PM
A figure has never been given for how many exemptions have been given out, but I can't think there's THAT many wives/girlfriends/brothers/player's cats who play on "a 14 year old elf simulator".

Vaildez
09-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Sure seems like an unfair exploit to me.

JayN
09-16-2013, 02:10 PM
these pics dont prove anything......

you cant even insta poof anymore thye nerfed it, try yourself that character gets stuck online unless you /camp'ing.

Also you could totally do this on classic, when on classic were only allowed one account?

moar whiney faggotry from a guild that cant even raid

Swish
09-16-2013, 02:12 PM
Also you could totally do this on classic, when on classic were only allowed one account?

Doesn't mean you can flout the rules here. If you want 2-boxing, choose any non P99 server on the list. THF needs players ;)

JayN
09-16-2013, 02:15 PM
what rules did anyone break you faggots are making shit up again...

no one is ever two boxing (in control of two characters at once)

you dumb pieces of shit are to stupid to figure this out?

next time record this rule breaking you claim to have happened.

Vaildez
09-16-2013, 02:18 PM
what rules did anyone break you faggots are making shit up again...

no one is ever two boxing (in control of two characters at once)

you dumb pieces of shit are to stupid to figure this out?

next time record this rule breaking you claim to have happened.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/e9418af2a1fda5fabc30bf92f15a4e36/tumblr_mfxmcm7CJX1rues1oo1_400.gif

Clark
09-16-2013, 02:19 PM
these pics dont prove anything......

they absolutely do; he didn't camp any of his chars and made it back online within like 40seconds lol

what on earth are you talking about, and please don't cus this isn't rant and flames be a grown up

Apeople
09-16-2013, 02:21 PM
This is proof for any reasonable person, that one probably isn't worth convincing rel. Let him be an alarti and plug his ears screaming loudly PROOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEE IT.

Swish
09-16-2013, 02:24 PM
I take it the stream where this happened has been deleted?

Silent
09-16-2013, 02:26 PM
The first screenshot ide say plugging and logging in after 30 seconds is more then enough time to get in, but then seeing him login after being ingame like 10-11 seconds prior. Thats obvious right away.

Handull
09-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Being in game on a toon, /q-ing, and bring at server select 13 seconds later seems normal, without needing two eq windows.

Fastest he did Server Select to Char Select was 21 seconds, so 34 seconds from /q to Char select. What should the /q lock out be? I've never timed it, but 34 seconds doesn't seem unreasonably fast, especially if he has a good computer and wired internet for fast loading screens. Regardless, 34 seconds is far from instant, which is what used to be abused.

I know there are people that at least used to abuse this, and fuck them, but even with*out* an ip exemption the system can be buggy. I once killed a mob with my main, /q'd to another toon to loot the corpse, and I logged in on the alt just to watch my main being beaten to death by some mobs. I did not have an IP exemption. Sometimes when you /q you get no IP lockout, usually its a short ~10second lockout (which would be consistent with these images), and once in a while you crash and get a 1-2minute lockout, which really sucks.

Swish
09-16-2013, 02:32 PM
http://cdn2.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/CRYING-UNC.gif

http://i.imgur.com/cYrx8G0.gif

Wrench
Unfortunately even with the 2 offending accounts banned, our pal Jeremy probably has 10+ accounts to fall back on...TMO did buy up a ton of accounts while it was allowed.

ban all the ip exempt accounts that have been logged into the same ips as jamee

trust me, this will hurt

Fael
stop making up rules. GM's stated that they do not deem "idling" at the server select screen to be two boxing. This was the rule back when FE was in full competition mode, crying about this same issue. I am not aware of any subsequent change of opinion on the part of Sirken and co.

Dolic

Apeople
09-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Hope u got all your screenshots u wanted cause i just went to jeremyp99 stream and atleast 2 of his past broadcast videos has already been deleted, hiding something?

ROFL

Bantam 1
09-16-2013, 02:39 PM
You know when you just rage when someone brings something like this up; it makes you look guilty as heck.

I read the OP - went eh... what is he saving? Like 20-40 seconds? Bigger fish to fry...

The only thing I don't like is that an ip exemption isn't really meant to be used that way (which I don't know if that's really bannable or just revoking the ip exemption.

However, when you have that Jayn guy raging his ass off. It makes this just look like he's hiding something and overly defensive.

Apeople
09-16-2013, 02:44 PM
I read the OP - went eh... what is he saving? Like 20-40 seconds? Bigger fish to fry...

When you are racing for trak, 20 seconds is everything.

Splorf22
09-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Fastest he did Server Select to Char Select was 21 seconds, so 34 seconds from /q to Char select.

That's not the relevant time; the OP's screenshots show Jeremy already going through the login process (with the server select screen greyed out) ~15 seconds after /q. This would be impossible without an IP exemption; normally it would take 30.

I find it difficult to care about 15 seconds though. It's hard to see this as anything other than rule lawyering.

Bantam 1
09-16-2013, 02:55 PM
When you are racing for trak, 20 seconds is everything.

Okay... but here's the thing -

If it's "legal" then couldn't FE / IB do the same? (Devil's advocet)

If a GM says its fine that is....

PS - what did the ip exemptions say for Tiggles/Jeremy?

If it actually said "I want an ip exemptions to switch camps quickly" then yeah its cool..

If it said "My gf/wife/mom/brother/roommate wants to play with me" then yeah revoke it.

Apeople
09-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Okay... but here's the thing -

If it's "legal" then couldn't FE / IB do the same? (Devil's advocet)

They could, if it were legal, but you have to have an ip exemption and not everyone lies to get one.

Bantam 1
09-16-2013, 02:57 PM
That's not the relevant time; the OP's screenshots show Jeremy already going through the login process (with the server select screen greyed out) ~15 seconds after /q. This would be impossible without an IP exemption; normally it would take 30.

I find it difficult to care about 15 seconds though. It's hard to see this as anything other than rule lawyering.

'Rule Lawyering' is part of being a raid guild though...

Tecmos Deception
09-16-2013, 02:59 PM

Fuck. If I /q off Tecmos it takes me MINUTES to log in on another account (none of mine have exemptions, for better or worse).

Swish
09-16-2013, 03:00 PM
IP exemptions shouldn't be used to gain any kind of advantage over those without them.

Does that make me a rule lawyer? :D

Handull
09-16-2013, 03:00 PM

in terms of this being 'proof' of anything, those are the relevant times, and server select was shown. I'll have to time it myself on my own computer when I get home.

edit: sorry to hear about your crappy computer/internet connection Tecmos :P

Karafa
09-16-2013, 03:01 PM
^, not to mention Jeremy's dumbass has admitted to living alone multiple times on the forums. His cat(s) probably play though.

khanable
09-16-2013, 03:02 PM
I don't think I understand the issue here

Are non-IP exempt accounts locked out for a specific amount of time before a second account can log in? What is that time? A few seconds?

Tecmos Deception
09-16-2013, 03:04 PM

1018 error with a non-exempt account after a LD or /q shouldn't have anything to do with my end!

JayN
09-16-2013, 03:05 PM
They could, if it were legal, but you have to have an ip exemption and not everyone lies to get one.

Keep up making more lies this in no way is breaking any rules all he is doing is logging into a different account. Never two boxing...

Handull

Are non-IP exempt accounts locked out for a specific amount of time before a second account can log in? What is that time? A few seconds?

i can say the lockout time is short and inconsistent. sometimes I do not get locked out at all (this is rare though), and I don't have an exemption. i've never timed it from typing /q, but it at least feels pretty quick even when I am locked out.

Wrench

bda confirmed no longer a raiding guild

Splorf22
09-16-2013, 03:06 PM
in terms of this being 'proof' of anything, those are the relevant times, and server select was shown. I'll have to time it myself on my own computer when I get home.

I just timed it. For exactly 30 seconds after you /q, you'll get the 'you're IP has a temporary ban' message at server select. After that it took me another 1 minute to go through both loading screens.

happyhappy
09-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Having the ability to have another client ready to zone in while you /Q out seems pretty exploitive to me, especially when the exemptions were given under false pretense.

Heck, it would be pretty hard to find out if the character was not being loaded in before the /q rather than after.

Handull
09-16-2013, 03:08 PM
1018 error with a non-exempt account after a LD or /q shouldn't have anything to do with my end!

ah, you get locked out for minutes? this sometimes happens to me when I /q and the game locks up. I don't really know what causes it when I experience those long lock outs, but I assume its just server packet handling going awry or something else that sounds technical since I don't know much about how servers work.

khanable
09-16-2013, 03:08 PM
i can say the lockout time is short and inconsistent. sometimes I do not get locked out at all (this is rare though), and I don't have an exemption. i've never timed it from typing /q, but it at least feels pretty quick even when I am locked out.

Maybe it is based on server ticks or something? Kind of like the 'open trade window with coin and cancel and run for a random amount of time' thing? shrug

bda confirmed no longer a raiding guild

Man I can't even get Cucumbers to 60 let alone another raid worthy class :p

Tecmos Deception
09-16-2013, 03:12 PM
I just timed it. For exactly 30 seconds after you /q, you'll get the 'you're IP has a temporary ban' message at server select. After that it took me another 1 minute to go through both loading screens.

Testing mine too now, haha.

Yeah. It was 30 seconds just now. Maybe I'm just remembering times I've gone LD with an ex-pet rooted near me so my character sits there dying (god forbid he should use any of the stuns or mezzes I ALWAYS have memmed) and I can't get back in as fast cause of combat.

citizen1080
09-16-2013, 03:15 PM
I never /quit for fear of the 1018 error you hear about where someone cant access their account again lol. Dunno if this is still an issue but I just camp out.

wimplo559897
09-16-2013, 03:15 PM
hey why am I in these pictures preety sure I was sitting in EC looken for stuff I rememeber helping glitterati with a transfer for em for an alt

Handull
09-16-2013, 03:16 PM
I always "appreciated" whenever I would legitimately go linkdead with some puny green con attacking my level 60 with full hp/mana, and logging back in to a dead mob at your feet and a manabar at 15% and hp down to 40%. eq is hard!

bizzum
09-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Has seriously nobody noticed that you can't poof anymore since Rogean fiddled with the something-or-other to try and fix the 1018 issue? Even if you DA and /q you get 30+ seconds of IP block for the SAME account.

I really don't see and issue with /q'ing and switching to a different account if it lets you, your character still stays in game for the full 30 seconds; there is absolutely nothing rule-breaking about this at all.

Heebo
09-16-2013, 03:17 PM
ah, you get locked out for minutes? this sometimes happens to me when I /q and the game locks up. I don't really know what causes it when I experience those long lock outs, but I assume its just server packet handling going awry or something else that sounds technical since I don't know much about how servers work.

If you have any sort of aggro when you /q it takes 5ish? minutes to log back in. FD and /q always takes 30 seconds.

To the OP: you're not losing Trakanon because TMO does this to switch characters.

Handull
09-16-2013, 03:18 PM
and fyi 1018 has been fully resolved, and it was never related to /q-ing or another other "anit-camp-radius" style superstitions. only time you'll see 1018 now is if someone else is on the account or if you /q and try to instantly sign into the same account you were just on.

happyhappy
09-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Has seriously nobody noticed that you can't poof anymore since Rogean fiddled with the something-or-other to try and fix the 1018 issue? Even if you DA and /q you get 30+ seconds of IP block for the SAME account.

I really don't see and issue with /q'ing and switching to a different account if it lets you, your character still stays in game for the full 30 seconds; there is absolutely nothing rule-breaking about this at all.

Being able to bypass the /camp mechanic and only be one loading bar away from engaging a contested monster not rule breaking to you?

bizzum
09-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Being able to bypass the /camp mechanic and only be one loading bar away from engaging a contested monster not rule breaking to you?

Well, its two loading bars, and no, I guess I disagree with you there. I don't think it could ever make a consistent difference. The pictures from the stream are him changing from a mule to a mule to some random character. Is that abuse?

Bantam 1
09-16-2013, 03:23 PM

I think he's just straw manning the issue :)

It's basically using the IP exemption to save yourself time when rushing to mobs... which the argument is that "Is it really the intended use of an ip exemption?"

And 1 of his screen shots (if my memory serves cause it looked like KC) is him popping over to a druid to check VS.

bizzum
09-16-2013, 03:25 PM
I think he's just straw manning the issue :)

Just giving my honest opinion :)

big mouth chew
09-16-2013, 03:28 PM
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwww whocares

happyhappy
09-16-2013, 03:29 PM
Well, its two loading bars, and no, I guess I disagree with you there. I don't think it could ever make a consistent difference. The pictures from the stream are him changing from a mule to a mule to some random character. Is that abuse?

It's only 1 loading bar if the second account is at char select on another client.

bizzum
09-16-2013, 03:30 PM
It's only 1 loading bar if the second account is at char select on another client.

I'm pretty sure at one point one of the GMs/guides hopped into our guild chat months ago and said you can't have a character sitting at character select like that. Were we the only guild that got this talk!?

I'm strictly talking about two accounts, one client (gross).

bizzum
09-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Perhaps not a 100% iron fist "this is illegal" ultimatum, but surely a "you're not supposed to be doing this stop it" sort of thing.

http://i.imgur.com/Mjy5wBp.png

Bantam 1
09-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Just giving my honest opinion :)

Yeah, but you're leaving out what the real accusation is.

I'm not sitting here thinking its the biggest issue ever, but its a rules arguement (which again is part of raiding).

Guild 1 - has lots of extra accounts to hop about quickly (even quicker with ip exemption is the point).

Guild 2 - Probably has only some of that capability and is rules lawyering to take away that perceived advantage (or some of it).

PS - nice screenie - yep so it saves only 1 loading screen assuming same account.

Apeople
09-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Ah good, nice post zagum, glad to see jeremy should have all his ip exemptions removed.

fullmetalcoxman
09-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Were we the only guild that got this talk!?

What does this tell you?

bizzum
09-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Ah good, nice post zagum, glad to see jeremy should have all his ip exemptions removed.

Actaully Jeremy never had two clients open at once so it really has nothing to do with that statement from Zade.

I don't see the issue. If his friends come over to play / roommate plays with him, should he still be forced to camp even though he could /q and change accounts if they are not currently logged in, because its not fair he logged over to his other mule faster? There is no exploiting/evading an in-game death from this, and he's not running two clients, either.

bizzum
09-16-2013, 03:38 PM
What does this tell you?

That I am not in other guilds, and cannot see their guild chat, and therefore do not know whether or not they were told this (which I'm assuming they were, it was rhetorical). Ya moran!

Freakish
09-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Situation 1) Raid practicalities. I see Trakanon unengaged. I run my necro in with DA #1, pop DA #2 when it runs out and /q. I then log on my 60 rogue instantly and my guild engages before DA #2 clears off and my guild gets FTE + a 60 rogue dps.

Situation 2) I am low health on my rogue but I know I have my cleric right there. I /q on my rogue and log on my cleric because rogue will stay in game LD for 3 minutes and I can just log my cleric in to heal him + toss him buffs.

This is how you exploit the /q and instant log in and why there are issues with it being abused.

JayN
09-16-2013, 03:39 PM
obviously /q command should be removed!

Bantam 1
09-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Actaully Jeremy never had two clients open at once so it really has nothing to do with that statement from Zade.

I don't see the issue. If his friends come over to play / roommate plays with him, should he still be forced to camp even though he could /q and change accounts if they are not currently logged in, because its not fair he logged over to his other mule faster? There is no exploiting/evading an in-game death from this, and he's not running two clients, either.

I think they are saying is that he's idling at server select to avoid camping out to check mob spawns (which the screenie supports). So he can beat someone that has to camp by 20-30 seconds.

This obviously doesn't impact anyone not racing for a particular mob.

bizzum
09-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Yeah, but you're leaving out what the real accusation is.

I'm not sitting here thinking its the biggest issue ever, but its a rules arguement (which again is part of raiding).

Guild 1 - has lots of extra accounts to hop about quickly (even quicker with ip exemption is the point).

Guild 2 - Probably has only some of that capability and is rules lawyering to take away that perceived advantage (or some of it).

PS - nice screenie - yep so it saves only 1 loading screen assuming same account.

I was simply commenting on what was in this thread: somebody changing from one account to another with a single client. Not sure why all this talk of extra clients. Also, if you read the read the read of the thread, you'd realize that you can't even /q and then try to log back into the same account, you're blocked out for 30 second so there is actually a loss of time if you don't /camp when changing characters on the same account. Do your homework!

I still fail to see a stark advantage. At least 50 if not 70% of the raid for probably isn't online at the time of pop for most of the kills. The instances of this being a game changer for any raid mob assuming nobody is using two clients are probably too few to count. Probably even with two clients.

Bantam 1
09-16-2013, 03:45 PM
I was simply commenting on what was in this thread: somebody changing from one account to another with a single client. Not sure why all this talk of extra clients. Also, if you read the read the read of the thread, you'd realize that you can't even /q and then try to log back into the same account, you're blocked out for 30 second so there is actually a loss of time if you don't /camp when changing characters on the same account. Do your homework!I still fail to see a stark advantage. At least 50 if not 70% of the raid for probably isn't online at the time of pop for most of the kills. The instances of this being a game changer for any raid mob assuming nobody is using two clients are probably too few to count. Probably even with two clients.

We're not talking about same account.... no one was. I think everyone, but you is talking about 2 different accounts with 1 sitting at server select. I think the only mob this really is an issue for would be trak since its just a bottleneck.

Do your homework..... (read the title of the thread for a second... then read your bolded statement)

Servellious
09-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Give everyone the ability to do it And be done with it. We all know nothing will come of this.

citizen1080
09-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Give everyone the ability to do it And be done with it. We all know nothing will come of this.

Nice Dune Avatar =)

JayN
09-16-2013, 03:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5bLGi.gif

EVOL TMO CHEATINGHACKORS

BANHAMMER PLZ and give me their loots and account plz

Apeople
09-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Kagok is right, putting in my petition for ip exemptions so i can fast switch now.

JayN
09-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Kagok is right, putting in my petition for ip exemptions so i can fast switch now.

For all those raids you do; you stupid fucks are hilarious

Apeople
09-16-2013, 04:02 PM

Hugs and kisses brah

Splorf22
I don't understand why there is a 30 second delay anyway if the character is not in combat. It's hard to see how that seriously impacts anything.

P.S. Jayn what is your ingame toon?

Vaildez

umad?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Super-mad.gif

ncapatina
09-16-2013, 04:05 PM
I don't understand why there is a 30 second delay anyway if the character is not in combat. It's hard to see how that seriously impacts anything.

Shits classic.

Wrench
09-16-2013, 04:05 PM
I don't see the issue. If his friends come over to play / roommate plays with him, should he still be forced to camp even though he could /q and change accounts if they are not currently logged in

abso-fucking-lutely

Bantam 1
09-16-2013, 04:07 PM
umad?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Super-mad.gif

He's frothing at the mouth mad. At least Bizz is talking.... this jayn guy is going to have a stroke if he gets any madder.

bizzum
09-16-2013, 04:09 PM
We're not talking about same account.... no one was. I think everyone, but you is talking about 2 different accounts with 1 sitting at server select. I think the only mob this really is an issue for would be trak since its just a bottleneck.

Do your homework..... (read the title of the thread for a second... then read your bolded statement)

I'm not sure what you mean by this. You said yourself "same account". Are you not talking about the same account? Implying loading up the same account on 2 clients? I don't think you can do that. Anyways, other people were mentioning poofing etc. on the first pages of the thread, so there was definitely talk of /q'ing in regards to the same account! Anyways~

bizzum
09-16-2013, 04:11 PM
I do agree though, Trakanon is really the ONLY mob this could apply to and have any effect on, even though I still believe that in most cases it will be too minimal to matter.

The only real context that seems reasonable for this is either in the case where a whole raid is downing a random boss mob, and Trak pops while that mob is engaged. If 80% of people at that raid had exemptions I guess they could log over.

Or maybe during a repop if an entire guild had a force down there after killing another mob. Though from all the recent repops I've never seen this in practice, usually a herd moving through.

Bantam 1
09-16-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by this. You said yourself "same account". Are you not talking about the same account? Implying loading up the same account on 2 clients? I don't think you can do that. Anyways, other people were mentioning poofing etc. on the first pages of the thread, so there was definitely talk of /q'ing in regards to the same account! Anyways~

Was referring to the guy saying it saves you a couple loading screens. Basically saving you time versus someone with 1 account.

I probably could have worded it better. I think bob and some other people don't do it for fear of that 1080 error; which admittly was early on in the argument.

PS - is Jayn apping to TMO or something? or just joined?

JayN
09-16-2013, 04:16 PM
http://marketingland.com/wp-content/ml-loads/2012/06/mad-angry-man.jpg

Masq
09-16-2013, 04:17 PM
I don't know anyone in this thread but damn, JayN is one angry nerd

Apeople
09-16-2013, 04:17 PM
I do agree though, Trakanon is really the ONLY mob this could apply to and have any effect on

Id say VS would be even worse than trak with this issue, since he can be held by a tank cleric for a long time.

Bantam 1
09-16-2013, 04:20 PM
I don't know anyone in this thread but damn, JayN is one angry nerd

Yeah... was playing LoL with a guy like him... I say hey man if you want to jungle maybe you should clear our red at some point...

Rages .. calls me toxic... then proceeds to tell me that he hopes I get cancer.

bizzum
09-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Was referring to the guy saying it saves you a couple loading screens. Basically saving you time versus someone with 1 account.

I probably could have worded it better. I think bob and some other people don't do it for fear of that 1080 error; which admittly was early on in the argument.

PS - is Jayn apping to TMO or something? or just joined?

Ohh, I see what you mean now!

I think I said my piece though! I wouldn't really care either way what happened to anybody's IP exemptions. I'd rather have this be an issue over boxing.

Also, I have no idea who Jayn is lol. He sure is a crazy, though.

bizzum
09-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Id say VS would be even worse than trak with this issue, since he can be held by a tank cleric for a long time.

I bet 90% of the time everybody has enough people in his pit to stall him for long enough that people without exemptions can log on in time just fine. Maybe even run from entrance lol.

Apeople
09-16-2013, 04:24 PM
perhaps, i haven't been playing much, last i saw poopsocking vs had been reduced down to just DA stalling, which would enable fast switching to be very useful

Pint
09-16-2013, 04:28 PM

Been wondering this myself, chances are this troll doesn't want to own up to who he is though

JayN
09-16-2013, 04:30 PM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4907847358480498&pid=1.7

damn so this whole time FE has been poopsocking VS pit theyve /q'ing out switching toon?

thanks for the info, GM sirken obviously we need /q taken out so no more smart people can use it

Yinikren
09-16-2013, 04:33 PM
At best this is borderline sketchy behavior and at worse this is blatant cheating. There's no way this can be legal given the 'competitiveness' of the server.. 20-30 seconds is all the advantage someone needs to secure a FTE on a contested mob, especially when they could check two at once with this kind of shitty behavior.

I say the best course of action is to monitor accounts with IP exemptions and what they are being used for, like Zade was doing to TMO. They show a certain amount of sketchy behavior after X amount of time, poof goes all the IP exemptions for every account logging on at that IP. That plus no more account trading should slowly shut this shit down.

It's just sad that the GMs would have to dedicate time to eradicating this shitty behavior instead of doing better things for the server (petitions, events, helping people who actually need it instead of these chuckleheads with fake IP exemptions/bought accounts with IP exemptions, etc).

JayN
09-16-2013, 04:38 PM
At best this is borderline sketchy behavior and at worse this is blatant cheating. There's no way this can be legal given the 'competitiveness' of the server.. 20-30 seconds is all the advantage someone needs to secure a FTE on a contested mob, especially when they could check two at once with this kind of shitty behavior.

I say the best course of action is to monitor accounts with IP exemptions and what they are being used for, like Zade was doing to TMO. They show a certain amount of sketchy behavior after X amount of time, poof goes all the IP exemptions for every account logging on at that IP. That plus no more account trading should slowly shut this shit down.

It's just sad that the GMs would have to dedicate time to eradicating this shitty behavior instead of doing better things for the server (petitions, events, helping people who actually need it instead of these chuckleheads with fake IP exemptions/bought accounts with IP exemptions, etc).

so one person per household get to play at time? this is not the solution to the problem

Yinikren
09-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, how many accounts does the average p99 player actually need for themselves? I'm casual as fuck and the MOST I could see myself with is 2, so I have a character to play when my main account has a rez timer or somesuch that I don't want to lose.

Couldn't this problem be easily solved by policing the IPs that log on 4+ characters regularly, since clearly they don't own all of those characters? Might actually even out the raiding playing field as well when guilds can't rely on accounts bought before the prohibition....

Yinikren
09-16-2013, 04:41 PM
so one person per household get to play at time? this is not the solution to the problem

Did you not read my post? I said monitor those with IP exemptions. If someone is clearly abusing it by sitting at character select all day, poof goes their exemption on the relevant accounts.

If I was playing EQ with my brother, why the hell would I be sitting on character select 8 hours a day?

Apeople
09-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Couldn't this problem be easily solved by policing the IPs that log on 4+ characters regularly, since clearly they don't own all of those characters? Might actually even out the raiding playing field as well when guilds can't rely on accounts bought before the prohibition....

I would guess something similar to this is already done.

Yinikren
09-16-2013, 04:45 PM
This is true if Zade hopped into TMO guildchat to tell them to knock their shit off. Hopefully something will be done.

quido
09-16-2013, 04:45 PM
Lol I knew this was coming when some crybaby during Sirken's stream made Sirken promise that if someone was abusing their exemption they'd have it removed. When he then said that he had proof of someone fast-switching, I loled. I've never heard any staff say anything regarding a fast switch not being allowed, but if they did, I would respect it. In fact, I've done it right in front of staff when working on CSR issues - I always figured the 30-40 seconds of loading was good enough. I don't live alone, but my roommate doesn't play EQ; I have exemptions on some of my accounts because I occasionally goto the houses of other players, or they sometimes come here. The last year I was going to Sloan's house regularly and hanging out, and that aside I have a couple of other RL pals that play the game sometimes, especially when they come to visit.

kenzar
09-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Lol I knew this was coming when some crybaby during Sirken's stream made Sirken promise that if someone was abusing their exemption they'd have it removed. When he then said that he had proof of someone fast-switching, I loled. I've never heard any staff say anything regarding a fast switch not being allowed, but if they did, I would respect it. In fact, I've done it right in front of staff when working on CSR issues - I always figured the 30-40 seconds of loading was good enough. I don't live alone, but my roommate doesn't play EQ; I have exemptions on some of my accounts because I occasionally goto the houses of other players, or they sometimes come here. The last year I was going to Sloan's house regularly and hanging out, and that aside I have a couple of other RL pals that play the game sometimes, especially when they come to visit.

say goodbye to your exemption(s) I guess?

Apeople
09-16-2013, 04:50 PM
I've never heard any staff say anything regarding a fast switch not being allowed, but if they did, I would respect it.

Fast switching and insta-poofing are almost the same thing, considering the aiuis poofing in VP, id guess you knew what you were doing, but /shrug at least you manned up and dont try denying it like jayn.

Yinikren
09-16-2013, 04:51 PM
As my personal and humble opinion, the opportunity to play with buddies a few times a year at a house that isn't your own isn't reason enough to be able to request an IP exemption without some heavy policing to make sure shit like this isn't being done.

Nastinate
09-16-2013, 04:53 PM
ahh thats how people have been instantly logging i was wondering, yeha ive seen a ton of that from a certain guild that shall remain nameless.

JayN
09-16-2013, 04:57 PM
As my personal and humble opinion, the opportunity to play with buddies a few times a year at a house that isn't your own isn't reason enough to be able to request an IP exemption without some heavy policing to make sure shit like this isn't being done.

I guess this is the only possible scenario where two people at the same location would be playing; damn you are short sighted..

Many of us play this with our families and roommates.

kenzar
09-16-2013, 04:57 PM

Especially when that person has been caught 2-boxxing before. I dont even know how someone can get an exemption after something like that.

Wrench
09-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Especially when that person has been caught 2-boxxing before. I dont even know how someone can get an exemption after something like that.

Yinikren
09-16-2013, 05:04 PM
If you play with your families and roommates, I am under the impression you live together and thus play together fairly often.

Hell, if you request an IP address to play at a friends place with him, and you end up using that exemption once a month, that's fine too.

If you request an exemption (or the account you bought came with one.. hint hint) and one account spends the vast majority of their time on character select, or the two accounts are only played in tandem... drop the exemptions. You lost your right to an exemption when you either lied to get it or used it to do this quicklogging bullshit.

Lyra
09-16-2013, 05:05 PM
I dont even know

It's not what you know...

I've had a bad attitude lately so going to refrain from commenting further.

SamwiseRed
I guess this is the only possible scenario where two people at the same location would be playing; damn you are short sighted..

Many of us play this with our families and roommates.

lol

Ambrotos
You ask for IP exempts so other people can play. Not to fast switch and has been put out in the past. It is even stated as to why you are getting your IP exempt.