PDA

View Full Version : Good char to duo with?

Blango27
07-18-2010, 04:36 PM
In the process of getting Ip exemption right now, was wondering what classes we should start. Girlfriend and i will be leveling 1-whatever together. What 2 classes are good duo'ers together? Not sure how long she will stay interested but will see!

Bubbles
07-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Mage and necro.

Play the necro. Keep her and her pet alive. You can handle all the fun feign pullling, lulling, crowd control, and you know... 8 spell slots worth of uberness.

She can make things go boom and have a buncha spell slots free for summon wisp or whatever.

If she bails, you got a great solo class.

If she stays, together you can conquer the world!

Alternatively, if she wants to play a healer type, necro druid or mage cleric are about as cookie-cutter as they come.

Bonus - with necro druid you won't have to camp jboots and can eventually port wherever you need. And lets face it, a necro/druid combo would need the power to go out completely over 3 state lines to die while kiting something.

As an added bonus, you could level the toons to 50 naked, necros and mages are notorious for performing well without being gear dependent.

Blango27
07-18-2010, 04:56 PM
i was thinking of making myself a healer type? that way she wont die so much and hate the game lol

Qaedain
07-18-2010, 04:58 PM
SHM/MAG work incredibly well together. Incredibly well.

quellren
07-18-2010, 05:03 PM
If she's never played, encourage her to pick a straight forward class. The more complicated classes like Enchanter, Shaman/Druid or Bard might discourage her. I'd recommend something like maybe a wizard(?), pick a target and blow it up.
Once that's decided, choose the other class as a compliment.

If my sig. other were interested in playing, I'd have her play a wizard, and I'd be a magician or a necro. Pet tank FTW. Or 2 pet classes.

Otherwise, I'd pair any chain/plate melee and a healer.

Edit: my brother and I played Shm/Nec and raped on live. This time were trying nec/enc. he has a fascination with the necromancer class.

Blango27
07-18-2010, 05:06 PM
She has never played, imma have to teach her how to move, cast spells, ect. Im leaning towards mage for her, but than IM going to have to research the damn spells for her lol

Bubbles
07-18-2010, 05:40 PM
She has never played, imma have to teach her how to move, cast spells, ect. Im leaning towards mage for her, but than IM going to have to research the damn spells for her lol

When Kunark comes out and she can finally summon fireworks, you'll have us to thank. It's the gift that keeps on giving, all year round!

Reiker
07-18-2010, 05:48 PM
If you want to play a healer play a cleric. You could also play a druid or shaman if you wanted.

Clerics (or druid/shaman) duo really well with magicians, which are a "straight forward" class. All she would have to learn is pet management, and most "pros" don't even bother learning how to control their pet.

Daywolf
07-18-2010, 06:23 PM
My fav is drui-drui. Dot's stack very well and the person with less aggro re-roots. I pref hunting giants, any reds that the root can stick for a moment well into upper level mobs. Pets don't matter and dungeons are fine if you don't overpull whatever you can keep rooted. Good for first char, then twink the next ones as you don't really need much gear for druids. With AA (if ever) and specialization, one works on heal while the other dot damage or root, at least that's how I did it 2boxing on grand creation :)