PDA

View Full Version : The bard problem

Rabies
09-22-2013, 06:04 AM
If the GMs won't do anything about it, I will.

If I catch a bard swarm kiting for any reason, I am going to root and snare their mobs, get them killed, and then train anyone in their guild that I see anywhere-- because I assume if they're doing it, their guild approves, so they deserve the same.

I've already done it more than a few times but now I'm making it official. Go ahead with the "lol butthurt" and "umad" macros. I know from experience that it's you that goes crying to the GMs when I ruin your party. (i.e., protect the server for everyone else.)

gummab
09-22-2013, 06:20 AM
in b4 rnf comes a calling..

i think i know what your on about@who you are.if your on about in rathe mtns 1hr ago? with that lvl 60 taking all the hg's etc *for lulz* as he put it.

i agree to some extent,there were people there xping and he came along and boom all mobs gone(not many to start off with.)
and yes you will get alot of hate on this post UMAD BRO.but you saying your going to train all there guildies lol you are *butthurt* if your going down that route

there should be a bard only zone they can all go party in save everyone else the hassle..

Hailto
09-22-2013, 06:30 AM

If I catch a bard swarm kiting for any reason, I am going to root and snare their mobs, get them killed, and then train anyone in their guild that I see anywhere-- because I assume if they're doing it, their guild approves, so they deserve the same.

I've already done it more than a few times but now I'm making it official. Go ahead with the "lol butthurt" and "umad" macros. I know from experience that it's you that goes crying to the GMs when I ruin your party. (i.e., protect the server for everyone else.)

Come at me bro.

khanable
09-22-2013, 06:55 AM
lol

runlvlzero
09-22-2013, 07:41 AM
Red99, were you can bug mobs into walls instead of pvping!

Tecmos Deception
09-22-2013, 08:28 AM

tard

smoflow
09-22-2013, 09:25 AM
This must be the same idiot that is going to "KS AC from anyone that touches it," "Kill Hasten," and kick us all off of "his server." Loser.

Tecmos Deception
09-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Yeah the Bard problen is a big problem....

Bazzinger of Divine something.....he pull of the zone in BB and after you run into of zoneline, so he lost the aggro and all the gnolls came kill everyone of Sight....

(sorry for my english) is not my rpimary language....

There is no "bard problem."

There are "[insert player name here] problems."

Petition individual players who break the rules and stop complaining about classes doing what classes can do.

quido
09-22-2013, 10:45 AM
the problem with highsun is more than just parking mobs

Flamewraith
09-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Normally I don't side with the bards in this kind of argument, but in this case......

Zeonick
09-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Everyone and every class is capable of doing stupid annoying things. Bards can just do it pretty easily I guess.

quido
09-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Parking mobs with highsun is exploiting a broken mechanic. Using it in pvp despite it being bugged is kind of a grey area.

webrunner5
09-22-2013, 11:52 AM
You know and I know the Devs at some point in time are going to have to whack Bard Pee Pees.They are too many of them Pling now and too many of them "trying" to learn how to do it. This was not too bad a year ago but now there are tons of them.

It IS becoming a big pain in the ass now, and I say something needs to be done now not 6 months from now. Dying sucks ass on P1999. For casual players it is enough to run them off the server. They don't have the time or plat for a rez, or to just make up the XP hit. It is just becoming stupid and we all know it is.

SCB
09-22-2013, 12:08 PM
I'm excited for bards to become the most common class on the server so that buying a bard PL drops to around 100pp/hour.

Should be fun.

tacite
09-22-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm excited for bards to become the most common class on the server so that buying a bard PL drops to around 100pp/hour.

Should be fun.

Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see? Do you know how much I make a year? I mean, even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop going into work? A business big enough that it could be listed on the NASDAQ goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me.

No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Rabies. I AM the danger. A guy opens his door and gets trained and you think that of me? No. I am the one who bards!

ripwind
09-22-2013, 01:35 PM
AM I UNDER ARREST?

Something'Witty
09-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Other classes (as a duo+) can swarm / mass kite as well. Bards just make it trivial.

Sadre Spinegnawer
09-22-2013, 04:01 PM
nerf bards

citizen1080
09-22-2013, 04:06 PM
The angst is strong in this one

shuklak
09-22-2013, 04:19 PM
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/tumblr_ms51ktlWyS1qzk6c2o4_1280-650x346.png

Potus
09-22-2013, 04:20 PM

You can't swarm kite here. You're talking about AE kiting.

Also it's not wise to start a fight with a bard, even on PvE they can make your life miserable.

Stinkum
09-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Am I the only one that likes AE kiting bards? All you got to do is wait for them to get their pack to 60% and start peeling mobs. I usually am able to kill 3-4 before they get their pack under 50%.
Easy exps.

I think most Bards are fine with this. The downside: If the Bard dies you get like 70 mobs social aggro on you and either die or have to zone.

myriverse
09-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Am I the only one that likes AE kiting bards? All you got to do is wait for them to get their pack to 60% and start peeling mobs. I usually am able to kill 3-4 before they get their pack under 50%.
Easy exps.
I certainly liked the 2-3 mobs a nearby bard dropped in my lap yesterday, as they forgot him and aggro'd me. Nice pull!

I got nothing against nobody, nowhere, nohow.

SCB
09-22-2013, 05:38 PM
I feel like I am missing out on a lot of references because I don't watch Breaking Bad.

Clark
09-22-2013, 10:07 PM
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/tumblr_ms51ktlWyS1qzk6c2o4_1280-650x346.png

applesauce25r624
09-23-2013, 02:51 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=100456

http://i.imgur.com/wosb9sk.gif?1

bloodmuffin
09-23-2013, 03:34 AM
I love AE bards. Usually you can ask them if they want to kite and unless they have their partner with them they'll usually say yes.

You can Low HP kite with any class that has a healing clicky or spell. I use Stein of moggok to establish agro on my mage and sow pots.

Also used them to gain faction by collecting their rotting war braids they leave everywhere.

t0lkien
09-23-2013, 11:23 PM
You can't swarm kite here. You're talking about AE kiting.

Also it's not wise to start a fight with a bard, even on PvE they can make your life miserable.

I *think* they're not talking about AE kiting, but low HP kiting. A GM has already stated if anyone does it and causes problems for others they will be disciplined.

AE kiting is fine, and carries a suitable risk/reward (and ties up far fewer mobs).

citizen1080
09-23-2013, 11:29 PM
I *think* they're not talking about AE kiting, but low HP kiting. A GM has already stated if anyone does it and causes problems for others they will be disciplined.

AE kiting is fine, and carries a suitable risk/reward (and ties up far fewer mobs).

I used to AOE kite 300+ mobs in the planes =p

It just ties up fewer mobs in kunark due to hit box size.

Fael
09-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Once you solve the Bard Problem can you return your efforts to the Jewish Problem, Adolph?

Thanks,
Dolic

Nirgon
09-24-2013, 11:44 AM
It's a bug, shouldn't be permanent and 100% of hp aggro gain for low hp

Yapas
09-24-2013, 01:17 PM
Once you solve the Bard Problem can you return your efforts to the Jewish Problem, Adolph?

Thanks,
Dolic

ahah

Lyra
09-24-2013, 01:26 PM
It's a bug, shouldn't be permanent and 100% of hp aggro gain for low hp

As in something specifically wrong with this server as compared with Live in this duplicated time frame?

Do you have links?

runlvlzero
09-24-2013, 05:47 PM
OT a pvp zone in Red =)