PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Hide/Sneak

Picked
09-24-2013, 02:45 PM
I took a hiatus from P99 for awhile. I came back about a month ago. And I noticed the rogue hide/sneak invis is broken. I'm sure there was a lot of posts on this when it happened. I thumbed back about 5 pages and seen nothing on the matter.

My question is, was this done on purpose because it was "classic" or does it intend to be fixed? If so where does it sit on the list in terms of priority.

It makes my class a DPS only option. Can't hide/sneak to retrieve anyone's corpse. Can't get down to groups in KC or Seb without them having to clear their way.

This was one of the beauties to being a rogue. When a group had to replace a DPS and a rogue was available it was the logical choice to rep with.

Any information on this would be great! Thanks!

Vellaen
09-24-2013, 03:14 PM
It was changed in the July 14th patch (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=114944):

Kanras: Rogue hide will function the same as invis + IVU stacked.
Kanras: Non-rogue (racial hide) will function the same as invis.
Kanras: Mobs that see through invis/IVU will similarly see through hide.

Picked
09-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Okay, so does that mean it was bugged before and was working better than it was supposed to be? And they curved it back to how it should be?

Ele
09-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Okay, so does that mean it was bugged before and was working better than it was supposed to be? And they curved it back to how it should be?

Yes.

Picked
09-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Okay, bummer! But if that's the way it was that's the way the cookie crumbles! Thank you guys for the input. I have been playing the last month hoping the change would be reverted back! lol

But now I can quit worrying about it!

snooppy88
09-25-2013, 04:41 AM
kills the rogue class isn't it...

Colgate
09-25-2013, 05:21 AM
i agree, it's just awful being the best sustained damage class with an experience bonus and a built in toggled invisibility/IVU and access to opening doors that no one else can open and the easiest epic quest for a weapon that does not become obsolete in velious unless you have both weapons from the absolute peaks of raid content that the expansion has to offer

Tikker
09-25-2013, 09:48 AM
the only part that's "broken" from classic is sneak pulling, because of the instant aggro from thrown/archery

Picked
09-25-2013, 12:42 PM
i agree, it's just awful being the best sustained damage class with an experience bonus and a built in toggled invisibility/IVU and access to opening doors that no one else can open and the easiest epic quest for a weapon that does not become obsolete in velious unless you have both weapons from the absolute peaks of raid content that the expansion has to offer

It can be hard finding a group. Some nights I spend 2-3 hours LFG. And then when I finally get a group I only have a limited time to play. I used to be able to get groups in Seb even at lower 50s because I could get down there and they didn't have to clear to get me in.

Not a game breaker for the class by any means. Just a luxury we used to have that we no longer do.

Dullah
09-26-2013, 02:39 AM
In classic EQ rogues would sneak/hide down to our groups in seb. Doesn't work here because everything sees them that sees players with the invisibility spell.

Seems to me classic sneak/hide != invis+ivu, even if the player "see invis" spell allowed you to see them.

Tikker
09-26-2013, 08:52 PM
In classic EQ rogues would sneak/hide down to our groups in seb. Doesn't work here because everything sees them that sees players with the invisibility spell.

Seems to me classic sneak/hide != invis+ivu, even if the player "see invis" spell allowed you to see them.

classic sneak/hide was invis + ivu. it wasn't until GoD expansion I think, that they changed hide to be a separate entity

what they changed here is the sneak radius applying to frontal view

as long as you're to the side/rear of the mob you're golden

Sidelle
09-27-2013, 04:59 PM
I took a hiatus from P99 for awhile. I came back about a month ago. And I noticed the rogue hide/sneak invis is broken. I'm sure there was a lot of posts on this when it happened. I thumbed back about 5 pages and seen nothing on the matter.

My question is, was this done on purpose because it was "classic" or does it intend to be fixed? If so where does it sit on the list in terms of priority.

It makes my class a DPS only option. Can't hide/sneak to retrieve anyone's corpse. Can't get down to groups in KC or Seb without them having to clear their way.

This was one of the beauties to being a rogue. When a group had to replace a DPS and a rogue was available it was the logical choice to rep with.

Any information on this would be great! Thanks!

I heard somewhere that maybe it's fixed in Velious. I hope so because it's bullshit the way it is now. I feel kinda lame in Seb groups if there happens to be a wipe and we have to get a necro for corpse summoning. Embarrassing. I mean wtf, it's bad enough that cool shit like poisons are broken, which I used all the time on live. Then they had to go and do this with my sneak/hide. Ok, /whine off. :rolleyes:

Sidelle
09-27-2013, 05:04 PM

Stfu pls.

Sidelle
09-27-2013, 05:09 PM
It can be hard finding a group. Some nights I spend 2-3 hours LFG. And then when I finally get a group I only have a limited time to play. I used to be able to get groups in Seb even at lower 50s because I could get down there and they didn't have to clear to get me in.

Not a game breaker for the class by any means. Just a luxury we used to have that we no longer do.

I agree, it's not a game breaker. I still have fun on rogue and still get groups so not even mad anymore. Really. Lol

Treats
09-27-2013, 07:36 PM
I heard somewhere that maybe it's fixed in Velious. I hope so because it's bullshit the way it is now. I feel kinda lame in Seb groups if there happens to be a wipe and we have to get a necro for corpse summoning. Embarrassing. I mean wtf, it's bad enough that cool shit like poisons are broken, which I used all the time on live. Then they had to go and do this with my sneak/hide. Ok, /whine off. :rolleyes:

Rogues did not get Shroud of Stealth until Planes of Power.

What is broken in regard to Rogue Poisons?

Sidelle
09-27-2013, 07:50 PM
Rogues did not get Shroud of Stealth until Planes of Power.

What is broken in regard to Rogue Poisons?

When used they don't stay on like a buff would. So you don't have a chance of procing whatever poison you used for a period of time like on live. It's a one shot deal per use which is lame and not worth the trouble.

Ele
09-27-2013, 08:32 PM
When used they don't stay on like a buff would. So you don't have a chance of procing whatever poison you used for a period of time like on live. It's a one shot deal per use which is lame and not worth the trouble.

Make a bug report with supporting evidence.

Tikker
09-28-2013, 01:24 AM

what are you talking about?

this is how poisons worked until like PoP

it was one shot, you had to be within 40 range, no message if you whiffed

Sidelle
09-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Oh. Well, damn... I'm a dork then. My only excuse is my rogue was my alt on live and I didn't start her til much later in the game. So, nevermind! ;)