PDA

View Full Version : Turning a Dark Elf good?

Picked
09-27-2013, 01:43 AM
Have a dark elf. I am considering some faction grinding. I would like to be able to run around good cities and not be kos everywhere. I'm sure this would be a huge undertaking, but I am curious what all I will need to do?

Is it worth it? Or should i just bow to social pressure and be a bad darky. I can get good faction in Faydwer by killing orcs in crushbone. And orcs in the commonlands will get me faction with freeport. I realize this doesn't get me faction with the bankers.

What kind of process am I looking at here? I have looked at opposing factions and I see quests I can do to get that faction with merchants and such up to snuff.

Does anyone bother with this when they play characters? I see ogres, iksars, and other races running around places like CB all the time.

Weekapaug
09-27-2013, 01:53 AM
I did the priests of life faction in Qeynos on my Dark Elf cleric for the Aegis of Life quest a while back and I'm now warmly to most everything in the city, including the bankers, but it doesn't fix the casters guild faction and there are a couple of wandering wizard npcs in South Qeynos that will quickly ruin your day as they are highly kos and are 60+. But if you get a feel for their pathing you can time your run to the bank and avoid them. Coming out of the bank you won't know if they are right there or not, so I pretty much make sure I'm buffed and have both DAs up when I'm down there. It also trashes your evil guild faction in the aqueduct, but at least you can go bank or catch the boat without having to invis (except for the 2 casters). If memory serves I don't think the merchants will deal with me, though. I did it for the quest not for the faction itself so your mileage may vary. I kind of like being able to bank there without having to go to the basement, though.

Fastest way to do this faction is to get a druid to wolf form you then hand bone chips or gold pieces 2 at a time to lashun novashine who wanders outside the gates. It takes a while but eventually you will be non-kos. There are some other turnin quests you can do but this is the fastest way.

Estu
09-27-2013, 08:34 AM
I've gotten my iksar monk friendly to every NPC in Kaladim and Felwithe, and friendly with enough other factions in Faydwer that he can bank in every city on that continent. I just did this for fun. Sneak helps a lot; so does paying druids to wolf form you when possible (i.e. when outdoors). I would not recommend doing it for any reason other than it's something you have fun with, although with sneak you can very quickly get friendly enough in Kaladim to bank safely. Obviously, all of this is harder or easier depending on your race: a dark elf will find it a lot easier to raise faction than an iksar.

Here's a run-down of what I did with sneak and what you can do without sneak.
Kaladim: CB belt turn-ins. Can do this immediately if you get an invis in, then de-invis while sneaking behind Canloe Nusback. As you hand in belts, he does not turn around, and no one sees you. You get a ton of faction quickly this way and become friendly with the Kaladim guards, rogues, and merchants. If sneak is not an option, you'd first need to kill a ton of orcs/goblins/aviaks to get adequate faction with Storm Guard to do the quest. You can then get friendly with the cleric and paladin guild by doing the bone chip turn-in quest (again, invis behind the NPC, Gunlok Jure, then sneak and de-invis), and one of these quests also gets you friendly with the king, Kazon Stormhammer. Finally, there is a lone bard in Kaladim. You can get friendly with him by going to East Freeport and repeatedly handing in 2gp to Fabian while in wolf form. You need to do this a lot - I think I spent a couple hundred plat doing this. This also makes you friendly with Knights of Truth (paladin guild, I believe, with guards named Sir ___ patrolling North Freeport) and Guards of Qeynos.

Kelethin and Felwithe: Kill a lot of orcs and do the slaver keys quests with sneak. Eventually you'll be friendly with the guards of these cities. This will let you get around both cities reasonably safely if you know who to avoid. The bankers will still try to kill you. To get faction with the bankers, I did the Shark Meat quest and the Emerald Warriors' Items quest at the Kelethin warrior guild. Both sets of items can be farmed reasonably easily and both quests give you faction with Kelethin and Felwithe merchants, which also means the bankers. You can also, using sneak (or probably using wolf form), do the bone chips quest in Felwithe and the bat wings quest in Felwithe to get friendly with the rest of the NPCs in that city. I gave up on the rest of the Kelethin NPCs because factioning them was too much of a hassle, but I can get around the city fine.

Ak'Anon: Kill a lot of aqua goblins in Butcherblock and kobolds and minotaurs in Steamfont to get your Gem Choppers faction up (Ak'Anon guards). I found that the merchants of Ak'Anon, surprisingly enough, either started out friendly to my Iksar or were easy to get faction up by killing the above monsters (i.e. once I was OK with the guards, I was mostly OK with the merchants). You can do the Rusted Blackboxes quest in the warrior guild for some additional faction, but I didn't find that it gave much faction. I gave up on the various caster guilds in this city, though with some cleverness you could probably faction them up somewhat (don't know if it would be doable quickly, though).

Additionally, in Qeynos, if you kill a lot of gnolls, you can do the gnoll fang and moonstone quests in wolf form for a lot of faction throughout the city, as well as the bone chips quest outside of Qeynos, but you will still have trouble banking because of the caster GMs that patrol throughout South Qeynos and particularly around the bank. These three easily-spammable quests will raise faction with pretty much every faction in Qeynos other than the casters and evils. The caster guild faction is not so easy to raise in my experience, though doable if you really want to. On the other hand, I believe if you do not do faction work in Qeynos, the catacombs will be a viable place to sell and bank even if you are an Iksar.

Rasah
09-27-2013, 10:07 AM
At your level, head to FV and quad the hell out of pirates. This will give you positive FV faction. Once they light blue, quad drolvargs in the same area. Loot canines. If the pirates didn't get you enough faction to dubious in FV, kill various goblins in LOIO to get to dubious. Take all those canines and turn them in to Captain Nealith in FV. You will get some very nice bumps in Kelethin/Felwithe factions. And your FV faction will also be high enough to buy/sell/bank.

Picked
09-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Thanks guys. Really appreciate the input. I know this is unorthodox but I had a Wizard on live that I did this with to an extent. I did it mainly because the server auction zone was in gfay and it helped me peddle my goods lol

And another reason, allbeit kind of stupid, I got the Priest of Najena to spawn and never could get a mystic cloak on live. And I just want one. So I got to get some faction in felwithe before I can finish it. Can you wolf form inside felwithe? Will that give me the faction I need to start this quest? I also have to go to erudin, but I think if I can wolf form in Felwithe I can wolf form in Erudin.

Thanks again for the info's very helpful guys!

Estu
09-27-2013, 10:41 AM
I believe you can wolf form in both Felwithe and Erudin (but not Erudin Palace).

Swish
09-27-2013, 10:53 AM
quad drolvargs in the same area. Loot canines.

Isn't that a negative hit to OT outpost faction? Not sure if he wants to wreck it or not, I know I ended up wrecking it on my dark elf cleric as there weren't many alternatives to the shitty KC exp grind :p

Atlis
09-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Odus is tough.

Erudin, Paineel, and Kerra Isle are your "cities".

Kerra Isle and Erudin are at odds with each other, as is Paineel and Erudin. Makes for some tricky balancing, similar to Kunark.

There are various quests in Kerra Isle you can do to raise your faction with the Kerrans. Note that when Stonebrunt is released, the Kerran faction is not the same - Stonebrunt is Kjekan.

To raise Erudin factions, you'll need to kill Elial Brook at the dock in Tox. Eventually, your GateCaller faction will be high enough that you can do quests from Erudin Palace magician guild to raise your High Guard and High Council factions.
If you can do these two:
Erud's Tonic quest will raise your Erudin Citizen faction.
Vasty Deep Water quest will raise pretty much everything in Erudin, but will trash a few Antonican factions.

Elial Brook should have raised your Deepwater Knight faction.

Peacekeeper faction can't be touched until Stonebrunt is available.

I don't believe you can raise Heretic faction once its trashed until Warrens is available. At least, not without killing a few Erudites.

Rasah
09-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Isn't that a negative hit to OT outpost faction? Not sure if he wants to wreck it or not, I know I ended up wrecking it on my dark elf cleric as there weren't many alternatives to the shitty KC exp grind :p

No. Only drolvargs inside KC ruin outpost faction. Canines will give you negative Cabilis faction, but he's probably negative anyway.

Fountree
09-27-2013, 04:26 PM
I will sell you an instant cast item that makes you able to merch/bank everywhere good with no faction work. No its not AoN. 10k, PM me.

oufnacdj
09-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Necro/SK can use CoS to do turnins that don't require greater than indifferent faction. Just open trade with the npc and hit CoS after the trade window is open (you do have a CoS, don't you?). This is the same as drinking a cloudy potion or having someone invis you. If you are KOS to the turnin guy or guards within LOS of them, this will not fix that. Many of the faction turnins can be done tho. Just have to be careful until you get to non-kos faction.

An example is the red wine turnin in neriak 3rd gate for DE faction. The turnin guy is low level (11, and even tho kos, won't aggro if green) and indifferent faction is fine.

Reguiy
09-27-2013, 05:34 PM
I will sell you an instant cast item that makes you able to merch/bank everywhere good with no faction work. No its not AoN. 10k, PM me.

Is this for real?