PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Group

meanhappyguy
09-28-2013, 01:58 PM
*Update*

We're a small group looking for a few more consistent group members to join us leveling up and exploring dungeons that may not see much action in the normal leveling process. We play for about an hour each night from 9:30pm PST to 10:30pm PST and try to have a good and challenging time while we're grouped up.

The week of October 7th: We're around level 10 and currently having a good time in and around the Commonlands!

10/7: We had a good first night in Befallen, grabbed the first key and spent about an hour pulling a steady stream of undead towards the second and third keys.

10/8: Befallen was empty of mobs due to a powerleveler, so Klokov, Tena (rogue) and I headed up to Lavastorm, and eventually the entrance of Najena. Klokov was the MVP of the night, losing his level at least three times saving Tena and I from certain death, and most importantly--avoiding dying to dangerous piranahas in Nek Forest on his corpse runs.

10/9: We hit the entrance of Najena again tonight. Picked up a 13 necro, Xlor, and hopped back and forth between the entrance of Najena and the wandering mobs outside--made for a steady stream of XP and got us all about a level.

10/10: Camped in Befallen tonight for a few hours. A necro named Bixia joined the three of us, not nearly as many corpse runs for Klokov!

10/11-10/13: No specific plans to group over the weekend, but we'll all be around level 15 on Monday, if folks would like to plan a Monday night group!

10/14: First full group! Nice to meet Billo and Minken in game, and Najena tore us a new one! Nothing quite like a corpse run naked through undead and non-undead mobs, where if either the camouflage (which Billo had to run outside to cast) or the invis. vs. undead wears off, you are completely screwed. Goal for tomorrow night: earn back some xp!

10/15: Headed to Highhold Pass tonight. We got stomped by the lag beast and had to call it quits early.

10/16: Klokov is a beast.

10/17: Hand a nice full group at orc highway for a few hours with Klokov, Billo, and Minken. Decent xp, even with a ranger!

10/21: Duoed with Klokov in Najena for 90 minutes. I think we've hit the wall of what we can do there and not run into a room with a red or two. Got the same amount of xp killing about 30 mobs in Najena in 90 minutes as we did with a full group killing nonstop orcs in oasis for two hours. May have to rethink this big group plan and just stick to duoing!

10/22: Planning on 9pm-9:30pm PST start if any are interested!

Current group for 10/22:
Warrior: Klokov (17)
Cleric: Tardee (17)

Expressing interest in joining:
Forum name: toon [class] (lvl)
Meanhappyguy: Tardee [cleric] (16), Meanhappyguy [enchanter] (9)
Wiery: Klokov [warrior] (16)
Honeyblunts: Honeyblunts [cleric] (?lvl)
Samoht Farstrider: Samoht [ranger] (15), Igot [bard] (17)
Cyph: Sweets [bard] (16), Seductress [enchanter] (17), Lafael [druid] (15), Venexia [shaman] (17)
Andvarion: Dinkel [necro] (16), Billo [druid] (15), Gleodren [bard] (15)
cmorgannorris: Minken [enchanter] (17)
Sularys: Narsin [enchanter] (22), Cizin [monk] (21)
Skittlez: Shetroll [shaman] (26), Shedwarf [paladin] (18)
Jarsith: ? [shaman] (19)
Shodo: Thaddicus [wizard] (?)
Myxomatosii: Wheel [warrior] (9)
?: Vail [ranger] (22)
(List updated 10/15)

Cribanox
09-28-2013, 02:09 PM
I would totally be interested but I'm EST and can't make it every night

such is life

Dragonmist
09-29-2013, 12:21 AM
Premades ftw

Honeyblunts
09-30-2013, 02:30 AM
I would be interested in this. This is a cool idea.

phacemeltar
09-30-2013, 01:18 PM
i would love to join. are you talking red or blue? i want to try my hand at a bard/rogue/wiz.

meanhappyguy
10-01-2013, 08:47 PM
@Crib: I don't think it is necessary to be there every night if you can keep up with the group leveling about an hour a day.

@Honey: Have a particular class or time you can play in mind?

@Phace: Thinking blue, but having a group for red might be interesting... especially if the teams server ever starts up.

One part of me wants a traditional holy trinity-type group to romp through EQ dungeons with, and another part would like to explore the fun possibilities of non-traditional groups. Looks like we've got three interested so far, and are looking for 3 more before we can discuss how we want to do the classes.

-MHG

Samoht Farstrider
10-01-2013, 10:06 PM
I am usually on from 10:30PM PST or so. Have a ranger and bard, both level 15. I level very slow tho. Usually running around doing nothing with a few solo kills here and there.

Honeyblunts
10-01-2013, 11:09 PM
I usually play 8pm CST to around midnight. I'd be willing to play a cleric or paladin.

Honeyblunts
10-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Just made a cleric on blue server. Name is Honeyblunts, feel free to contact me in game or on here when you guys get something going.

Wiery
10-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Was considering rolling a warrior anyways and this sounds like fun. I'm flexible on class (there are a few I won't play though) for the needs of the group. I live in PST and 9 is cutting it a bit close for my schedule, but I'm guessing I can make it on by then with a slight adjustment in my schedule. Sounds like a great idea and I'd be looking forward to it.

meanhappyguy
10-03-2013, 02:52 AM
Looks like we have some interest!

Honeyblunts: cleric
Meanhappyguy: enchanter
Wiery: warrior
Phace: bard/rog/wiz
Samoht: ranger/bard
6th: dps?

I made an enchanter last night on blue, name is Meanhappyguy. Talked with Honeyblunts a bit and we think having the group meet in a place that is not necessarily a hub for other grouping would be a good idea--getting to see some of the dungeons pickup groups just don't reach often. We think Commonlands would be a good spot to meet, and then maybe try Befallen/Najena or walk over to try Blackburrow.

I think level 10-12 is a good level to attain before we all plan to group up, so I or another caster can bind us all at a nearby town. I also anticipate people's schedules not quite fitting every night (myself definitely included), so it might be good to try and keep some alternates in mind, or just find pickups wherever we go to fill our need for any given night.

Cyph
10-03-2013, 03:10 AM
I'll be nearby Blackburrow, if you see me. Send Venexia a tell if you want a SoW or anything.

Wiery
10-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Sounds like a plan MHG. I'll get rolling on the warrior tonight and post his name back here, once he is created. Sorry, I probably won't be playing one of the ideal races troll/ogre, but I have a little plat to play with, so I should be able to get some aggro weapons/hp items.

meanhappyguy
10-04-2013, 12:43 AM
I've gotten a few pms this week, so it looks like we've got at least six interested. How does meeting up in the Commonlands beginning next week sound? I'm not sure how much of a difference there is in travel at level 5 or level 10, I'll be around the area on my DE enchanter, Meanhappyguy. Try not to get higher than level 10 in this first week so we can all get some xps!

Monday, 10/7 at 9:30pm?

andvarion
10-04-2013, 01:32 AM
Still need another? I have a druid or a bard (they're both 15 but, hell, I'll de-level them to 10 for all I care). If nobody else ends up deciding to go bard, I can. And if Phace doesn't go wizard, I can go druid so we'll have ports.

Or if both of those are already taken, I can go any class you guys want. I don't care. I'd love to try something new.

Or if there is no more room, then just ignore my entire post. =)

Sularys
10-04-2013, 04:34 AM
Still need another? I'm absolutely interested and willing to roll up whatever the group needs.

meanhappyguy
10-04-2013, 11:10 AM
I am not sure how many of those initially interested have made toons and seen this thread updated, so I think there may still be some room. I also will be starting a list of character names to look for in game a little before 9:30pm next Monday in the Commonlands. Try not to be above level 10. If you have a toon that you'd like to play, let me know the name and class and I'll add it to this list. We've got the tank/healer/cc down, so mostly looking for dps, although there will likely be days where the tank, healer, or CC will have other plans and we'll need a replacement.

Here is the list of people who have contacted me, doesn't necessarily mean they are all still interested...

Honeyblunts: Cleric
Meanhappyguy: Enchanter
Wiery: Warrior
DPS: Phace, Samoht, Reeses, Floxin, andvarion, Sularys

Wiery
10-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Rolled up the warrior last night Name is - Klokov
He should be right around lvl10 come Monday. Like MHG said, we'll probably need some overflow on the roster. While I can probably make most nights, I can guarantee there will be nights that I miss.

Looking forward to getting the gang together for some slaughters!

Samoht Farstrider
10-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Yeah, count me as a backup since some nights I don't even get to play. And when I do, I may only have an hour or so. Best time for me is Saturday afternoon and night and Sunday night.

meanhappyguy
10-06-2013, 02:04 PM
I've only talked to Honeyblunts and Wiery in game so far. We're trying to meet up in the Commonlands Monday night at 9:30pm PST, and be around level 10 if anyone else is interested in meeting up! We've got the trinity covered, bring your dps!

Wiery
10-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Shameless bump. We're still fielding a group. Alts/mains/twinks/vets/newbs are all welcome. While we have tanks, heals, and cc covered, we're not excluding others who want to play classes within these roles. If you have a toon right around level 10 and are looking to join in some leveling goodness, either hit me up on Klokov or Meanhappyguy in game, or feel free to reply to this thread.

meanhappyguy
10-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Updated the original post to include up to date information, feel free to check out that first post for continual updates as the days go by. I've had a lot of folks inquire for the group, but so far just Wiery and I have committed to grouping up in Befallen. I have a 9 enchanter (meanhappyguy) and a 12 cleric (Tardee) that I have parked at Befallen and can hop on either depending on what the group needs on a particular night.

Skittlez
10-08-2013, 09:55 PM
When you guys get around level 20, sign me up. I have been taking ny sweet time as of late so I'll be here for a while.

Jarsith
10-08-2013, 10:07 PM
16 shammy here I'd be down to join you when you get a bit closer :D

Samoht Farstrider
10-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Moved my 17th bard to FP area. Will try to move my 15th ranger over tonight.
Once you guys hit 15th or so, we can try Runnyeye or orcs in HPH. Or maybe Upper Guk?
I was hardly in Guk during live and want to check it out.

Sularys
10-09-2013, 07:07 AM
We should shoot for a second group if we have enough. I missed Monday evening as I have class on that night until early December. Let's get another list of everyone interested and the level we want to shoot to start grouping at.

Wiery
10-09-2013, 01:35 PM
If you're interested post post the character class/level/name and we'll edit the list on the first post with the information for quick reference. If you have a more toons in the level range of the group that you're interested in playing, post them up as well. We're currently at levels 12 and 13. All classes are welcome. While the idea of having the ideal group always sounds great, I believe we'd rather have good people playing the classes they want and we'll adjust our play style to fit the group, than trying to optimize the group and forcing people to play classes they don't want to. MeanHappyGuy is playing his cleric (Tardee) and my toon (Klokov) is tanking, so the primary roles will be covered and everything else is gravy. Again though, if other heal/tank classes want to join, I welcome it.

We've been getting started at 9:30 PST. We are shooting for areas with solid ZEM and quick pulls. Sunday and Monday was befallen. Due to some higher level druid pulling the entire zone to plvl last night and not responding to tells, we had to move out and went to Nejena. A bit more challenging at our level, but we had a blast.

If we start getting enough participation to support a 2nd group, we'd be happy to set that up in this thread.

Looking forward to playing with those that are interested!
Klokov

Skittlez
10-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Shedwarf - 20 Paladin//Shetroll - 26 Shaman

I want to get signed up for a group.

Samoht Farstrider
10-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Igot - 17th bard
Samoht - 15th ranger (5% from 16)

Both are in FP area.

Sularys
10-10-2013, 12:31 AM
I have a 22 Enchanter (Narsin) and a 21 Monk (Cizin). Can come up with others if need be.

Wiery
10-10-2013, 02:15 PM
MHG/Tardee has updated the list on the OG post, along with short recaps of the nightly events. Check em out!

Shout out to Zels for the buffs and becoming another brother in brew. Zels, you Bastard!

Rastignac
10-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Just so yall know, Me, Raxne and Kabayakis are all level 21 in Upper Guk. We'd love company.

Samoht Farstrider
10-10-2013, 06:09 PM
I died in WC this morning and need to run back from HPH. Hopefully I can get on before you guys log off. Would love to do the dervish or orc camp in WC.

Wiery
10-10-2013, 06:16 PM
@Rastignac we'll be working to catch up and be vaible up in Uguk. Hopefully we'll see ya soon :)
I'm sure some of the higher levels who posted interest would fit in well with your crew, too!

@ Samoht, hope so too bud, we'd be stoked to have you.

meanhappyguy
10-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Updated the original post! We're at level 15 now, for those of you with toons in that level range who have been wanting to group up. Let's plan something for Monday night! We can take the weekend to move into position... Runnyeye? Befallen? UGuk? Unrest? Najena? (I think my pick would be Najena, that place was awesome on Tuesday/Wednesday nights, and with a group I bet we could get past those pesky elementals!)

Skittlez
10-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks for adding me to the group que! Hopefully see you guys soon! =D

Jarsith
10-11-2013, 11:53 PM
just let me know when and where (16 shaman :D)

Samoht Farstrider
10-12-2013, 01:22 AM
Anyone on tonight?

Sularys
10-12-2013, 01:42 AM
I can definitely be on Tue through Sat night. Sundays I am busy with my gaming group at home (playing Pathfinder and Legend of the 5 Rings currently). Mondays I might be able to make it, depending on when class gets out and and when I get back home.

andvarion
10-12-2013, 10:08 PM
I would like to sign up for Monday night's group, as well as my 17 gnome enchanter friend, Minken. We'll be there, if you'll have us. Najena sounds good to me, I've never been there. Would like to see new things instead of the same ol' path through Norrath.

PM sent!

meanhappyguy
10-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Jarsith and Andvarion, I've added you three to the group for Monday night. Is Jarsith the name of your shaman? I should be on Tardee by about 9pm PST tomorrow night, so send me a tell and we can get the group formed up. Also, if you aren't on the list of 6 players, I will have a waitlist if someone can't make it, or if someone has to leave early.

cmorgannorris
10-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to post and introduce myself. I'm a friend of Andvarion's and will be the "man behind the curtain" known as Minken. I'm looking forward to finally getting my enchanter's feet wet with a real group. Up until this point, I have been duoing and soloing on my journey through Norrath. It'll be great fun to explore new areas with likeminded adventurers.

Can't wait to meet you all.

cobhc3
10-14-2013, 03:36 PM
I would love to be on the list, play usually around 7PM-10PM EST.
18 SK

meanhappyguy
10-15-2013, 02:07 AM
Made it to the depths of the Najena zone tonight... pretty cool stuff down there. Heads on spikes with eyes poked out, who knew?!

Looking for some easy xp tomorrow night for a change!

@cobhc3, we usually don't start playing until 9pm PST, but best of luck getting a group around your time!

myxomatosii
10-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Add my new alt to the list of people, he's low now but may catch you guys.

Name is "Wheel". Barb war, level 9 and rising, PST if you need a tank.

cmorgannorris
10-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Just posting to say that my schedule is a bit shaky. So if my spot needs to be opened on the main post - go ahead. I would love to stay on the reserve and may join from time to time but I won't be a nightly member by any means.

This is a great group and I look forward to adventuring with you guys again soon/. :)

Jarsith
10-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Looks like I'm going to tend to be fairly unreliable too. Ill hit you up whenever I am on around that time and see if you have a spot, but don't hold anything open for me :D

Wiery
10-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Great group with Billo, Minken and a ranger who's name is escaping me atm. The whole team was on point with their roles, so much so that even Cazel couldn't wipe us. Minken for being new played like a skilled vet and did a great job with managing buffs, MC, and some clutch multi mez pulls. Minken was the night's MVP!

Samoht Farstrider
10-18-2013, 05:03 PM
I will be on most likely after 11PM depending on when we can get the baby to sleep. My 17th bard is parked in NRo. Ranger is in NK tho so unless people wants to do HPH, I will play the bard.