PDA

View Full Version : Iksar

xarilzir
09-29-2013, 05:22 PM
Hi

As i never really tried an iksar before reading up and was thinking of trying a necromancer

Are there any low lvl quests for exp to check out ?

tacite
09-29-2013, 05:38 PM
Bonechips in Field of Bone.

Also, Iksars need no levelling help from quests - Kurns is the greatest newbie dungeon in the game by far.

Ahldagor
09-29-2013, 06:32 PM
find a low lvl monk and shaman to group with in fob, then run into kurns. be 20 in no time.

Thulack
09-29-2013, 06:38 PM
FoB is alittle rough in the 5-7 range to find decent xp but as soon as you can handle even just the entrance mobs in kurn head there. Kurn's best xp i would say for 8-17.

NegaStoat
09-29-2013, 06:40 PM

Whatever you do, don't do this. The experience from the bone chip turn-in quest is absolute crap. It's horrible. It's as bad as the Felwithe cleric guild bone chip quest. Save them.

In fact, every single noob Cabilis based turn in quest is absolutely rancid for Experience gain excluding one. The Curscale Armor quest from the Haggle Baron dude. As you level, don't turn any pelts in. Bank all of them in boxes. Excluding an empty slot for the quest bag, fill your bank with pelts. Combine the quest bag and just leave it filled in the bank and keep collecting.

The goal is to only do the quest turn in when you run out of room, and get to level 5 from the noob mobs while getting those pelts and bone chips. Then at level 5, turn in all the pelts you've collected at once and get free level 6.

Laugher
09-29-2013, 07:25 PM
This ones not really for exp but something you may want to check out while exping in the kunark area:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Necromancer_Skullcap_Quests

Tecmos Deception
09-29-2013, 10:58 PM

Also, Iksars need no levelling help from quests - Kurns is the greatest newbie dungeon in the game by far.

Kurns has been quite busy with normal levelers lately, and for some reason Taken (and some random unguilded people too) has also been powerleveling non-iksars over there fairly frequently. Why you'd run a level 5-10 out to Kurns to pl up to 20, I have no idea. But besides that yeah, it is a sweet zone.

Lune
09-29-2013, 11:08 PM
I've almost always had better exp killing the practically unlimited badgers in FoB just outside kurns, than fighting over the limited pulls available in kurns in the teens.

Things were different when the pop was lower. These days shit is packed.

Clark
09-30-2013, 07:55 AM
Leveling an Iksar Necro is pretty fun in FOB. The extra regen pays off nicely too. Wish my 60 Necromancer was Iksar!!

xarilzir
09-30-2013, 10:06 AM
thanks for all the responses greatly appreciated! I never played an iksar much in the classic days so thought would have a go! im a casual player so min maxing is not a massive thing for me I just like to play and see the old content with a bit of occasional groupage! I was torn (know its opposite ends of the scale) between a ranja or necro (never played ranger) but I done some reading and seemed they are tough to solo and level up... so necro seemend the way :)

ncapatina
09-30-2013, 11:11 AM
Rangers are permagimped here, as they didn't start to shine until Luclin with AAs. They are good for tracking and absorbing DTs. They can't tank anything significant like the other hybrids, do worse damage than any pure melee and don't have any unique buffs that make them worth playing. Such a shame because the EQ version of the ranger is somewhat unique and cool, just a shitty class until Luclin.

Necros are great solo and make a good choice for a casual player. Iksar is pretty much the best race for necro, the innate regen cancels out the low level health-to-mana self buff so it's like having free breeze all the time. Plus the non plate armor restriction doesn't apply to a necro so you're not missing out on gear.

FOB is the best newbie zone by far and Kurns the best newbie dungeon. You can start doing the entrance probably around level 10 but if the main level is already getting pulled you'll be better off killing mobs outside. FOB is an "advanced" newbie zone in that there is a lot of agro shit and social mobs so you actually have to pay attention. Focus on the spiders for making cash, they drop a ton of spider silk that sells for like 3-4pp a stack (the crawlers can drop up to 6 off a single mob, if you focus on them you'll have 3-4 stacks to sell in like 20-30 min of playing).

Make sure at low level to hold on to any weapon over 7 damage that drops to give to your pet. Unlike live you don't want to give your low level pets daggers or other fast weapons, the delay of their attacks is unaffected. However, the damage of your pet will be higher with a 2h weapon with a base damage more than their "fist" attacks.

xarilzir
09-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Yeah what i thought my eq knowledge has been lost over the years ha!

Just created xarilzir :) as per norm lol!

Ty for all responses greatly appreciated looking forward to killing stuff!

Uteunayr
09-30-2013, 08:30 PM
Wish my 60 Necromancer was Iksar!!

I feel your pain.

citizen1080
10-01-2013, 02:26 AM
Iksar is pretty much the best race for necro, the innate regen cancels out the low level health-to-mana self buff so it's like having free breeze all the time. Plus the non plate armor restriction doesn't apply to a necro so you're not missing out on gear.

They are best race by far..but no plate does effect them. No GEBs or Golden Bracers

Potus
10-01-2013, 02:36 AM
Iksar are the glorious master race.

xarilzir
10-01-2013, 08:50 AM
they are indeed! well lvl 7 now just entered the tip of the pit great zone have lots of spiderling stacks from the underground place and even more spider silk!! great zone looking forward to kurms!

Tecmos Deception
10-01-2013, 02:22 PM
No GEBs or Golden Bracers

Yeah wtf. I took these off of my wiz when I made my necro and only realized iksars can't wear them when I went to equip :(

WTB bracelet of woven grass
WTB shadowbound boots

Vohl
10-01-2013, 04:11 PM
I got decent XP with the Klok Bile spells quest through level 6 or so. You'll need to switch between LoIO and FoB to do this. It takes 1 large scorpion claw, 1 sabretooth cub claw, and 2 brittle iksar skulls. The skulls aren't stackable, but the claws are.

thugcruncher
10-01-2013, 04:41 PM
FOB is the best newbie zone by far and Kurns the best newbie dungeon

sorry, getting level 20 in 5 hours in qeynos/qeynos hills/blackburrow solo makes it the best

human master race

ncapatina
10-01-2013, 04:51 PM
They are best race by far..but no plate does effect them. No GEBs or Golden Bracers

Ah, never noticed that. No plate effects them far less as a necro still though.