PDA

View Full Version : New to Project 99

jpetrick
10-02-2013, 04:08 PM
I haven't played Everquest since PoP and I saw Project 99 was around and it caught my attention. I really wanted that oldschool mmo experience and nothing made after EQ ever was able to recreate how good the first few expansions of this game was.
That being said, how is the server population?
My favorite class was a monk way back in the day. Will I be able to find groups easily as a monk going from 1-60? Or will I likely be soloing a lot and should opt to play a more solo friendly class?

Estu
10-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Population is good if you stick to popular zones (e.g. crushbone, unrest) or are proactive with /who all and form your own groups. Monks are very popular and effective, and you should be able to find groups easily as a monk. Plus, you can get some great monk weapons (e.g. master wu's trance sticks) for very cheap in EC.

jpetrick
10-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the quick response. Would you be able to point me in the direction of a guild that can help an old player get back into the game?

myriverse
10-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Population varies from about 500 (daytime US) to 1000+. The PVP server is considerably... ghosttown.

Except Paladins and Rangers, classes are all well represented. But play what you want to play.

Lyra
10-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Welcome to P99!

Here is a link to the guilds:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

I'm sure if you play in popular areas someone will offer you a guild invite.