PDA

View Full Version : Possibly a dumb question, but...

reborn649
10-03-2013, 02:17 PM
First off I know people ask about LS recovery, but this is slightly different with the new rules:

Since account trading/buying is no longer allowed in game, is it finally possible in anyway shape or form to have Rogean do a password reset for a LS account? I know there were concerns previously with original owners "stealing" back their accounts, but hopefully the new law of the land will take a large portion of that concern out of the equation. The reason I ask is because I have been trying to recover my password since around March of this year due to a stupid mistake on my part of forgetting my password after changing it. Truth be told, I take ambien to help me sleep and somehow thought it would be a good idea to play EQ and apparently change my password while it kicked in. Went to login the next day and thought my account had been hacked, but my roommate (who was camping trakanon at the time) happened to remember me being on the eqemu site. I have offered EVERY last ounce of information about the account to try and get it recovered, in game petitions, forum petitions, written Rogean on eqemu, and had zero luck. I try every couple weeks to recover the password by spending 10-15 minutes just typing in anything and everything i possibly think it could be, but have had zero luck since March. If all else fails, is simply "giving away" the login name and "possible passwords" to the account a no no? Would rather someone who might be better at password recovery get a shot at playing my level 51 Ogre SK who is geared to the teeth than him disappearing into the void forever =(

Thanks for any input boys and girls.

Ambrotos
10-03-2013, 02:20 PM
As of right now, we don't recover passwords nor have the means to. Last I even knew, the last account recovered was back at the start of 2011 and that was the end. I know Rogean was testing out the text message system last year, but I know as much as everyone else about it.

JackFlash
10-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Keep trying to guess :) I forgot one for almost a year. After some brainstorming with a friend I was finally able to figure it out.

reborn649
10-03-2013, 02:22 PM
As of right now, we don't recover passwords nor have the means to. Last I even knew, the last account recovered was back at the start of 2011 and that was the end. I know Rogean was testing out the text message system last year, but I know as much as everyone else about it.

Ya i tried the text option, but haven't heard a word about it since he first came up with the idea. Would it be possible for me to just "give away" the account or is that against the new policy of trading/buying accounts?

Lyra
10-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Changing login server passwords is a stressful task. I don't hold hope this will ever change.

Clark
10-03-2013, 03:16 PM
hope ya remember it!

Champion_Standing
10-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Ya i tried the text option, but haven't heard a word about it since he first came up with the idea. Would it be possible for me to just "give away" the account or is that against the new policy of trading/buying accounts?

Giving away an account that you "forgot" the password to? Sounds totally legit.

reborn649
10-03-2013, 04:11 PM

If you actually read the original message you would see i was referring to giving away the account name and "possible passwords" it could be. Someone who is better at cracking passwords might have better luck because this is a first for me and I have tried every combination of the handful of passwords i always use and had no luck. So ya, it does sound legit actually.

Swish
10-03-2013, 04:12 PM

Lune
10-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Clearly the only solution is to keep taking ambien until you remember the pasword

reborn649
10-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Clearly the only solution is to keep taking ambien until you remember the pasword

Lol stuff makes me blackout while im still up and moving...stopped taking it a few months back. Me no likey