PDA

View Full Version : Funding my JBB, advice?

DrKvothe
10-04-2013, 11:33 AM
I'm lvl 43 (http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Winga) and I've saved about 9k pp so far.

What camps would you recommend for the upcoming levels in order to best save up the rest for a JBB?

Started a druid taxi whore (Hairyporter) as a backup *shame*, he's currently lvl 10. So I guess there's always that.

Edit: By "upcoming levels", I don't just mean 44 and 45. I mean, up through 50 or beyond, as long as you think it'll take me to save that kind of cash.

Estu
10-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Personally, I'd just forget getting a JBB altogether unless your main is a different character and you already have a bunch of plat sitting around (even then, fungi would be a higher priority). But if you are committed to it, I'm sure there are options. You can try and do ancient cyclopes for JBoots multiquests, you can imbue a gem for cultural tradeskillers (people tend to pay pretty decently for imbuing/enchanting services; it can be 500-1000pp an hour), you can try camping Hadden for the fishbone earring or do the Nilipuss the Brownie quest to try and get, say, the earring of magic reflection. You can camp Chief RokGus to try and get an idol of the thorned.

These aren't EXP camps; these are low-level cash camps that you could try if your goal is getting money. I'm pretty sure all of these camps are in pretty high demand, so you'd have to deal with competition. This stuff is totally not my bag so I'm not speaking from firsthand experience, just hearing about it secondhand. Misty Thicket guards are also an option and could actually net you EXP if they aren't light blue to you by now. Also, you might be high enough for seafuries, but again, major competition there.

DrKvothe
10-04-2013, 01:51 PM
What about exp camps that also drop great loot? I went to droga with some buddies and camped the dining hall. I won the roll on the shroud of nature that dropped, which i sold for 4k in EC. The trash loot and the exp I got there would have made it worth it without the lucky roll.

I have almost zero experience with dungeons beyond newbie zones in this game, so I wouldnt want to try to make my way through one to claim some camp solo, anyways. Are there camps like what I just described (good baseline cash with a chance to make big bucks) that would be suitable for grouping during the 43-50 grind?

Exmo
10-04-2013, 02:11 PM
LGuk could be good. a few valuable items drop there.

Intrinsic
10-04-2013, 04:51 PM
You've done amazing saving up 9k imo i've saved up like 3k(I'm 44 atm, and 1k of that i was given in various cash donations) and i haven't spent much, probably around 3.2k(biggest spend being a PWC for 2k) :D i haven't bothered camping anything until today, did my 1st LGuk camp today with a chanter. He's made stack loads in there afaik so defo good money but without IVU(and lots of CC) it'll be hard if not impos for a shaman around that level, upper guk you should be able to make some money though, but bottom and top is usually well camped.

For grouping you need to be in City of Mist for epic stuff anyways so you could go there, no majoy cash items in there i think though at least around that level. Kaesora has some higher value cash items(20k spear/staff? if lucky) if you can get a group to go there.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
10-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Yeah not to burst any bubbles but you're probably 35k out from where you need to be. JBB is amazing for fear kiting but not as good as people thinking for root-rot because of the early breaks it causes. That, and around level 53 or so the HP of the mob just explodes and if you're duoing or doing full groups, your time spent standing up (casting) would be better spent than on Winters Roar.

Save for a regen BP or as mentioned above, start grinding that epic.

My 2cp

DrKvothe
10-05-2013, 02:04 PM
The plan was to get to 20kpp, buy an ikky, save another 25kpp, and sell the ikky and buy the jbb.