PDA

View Full Version : New to the server

mystery96
10-05-2013, 11:53 PM
Hey, I'm new to this server, and I guess you could say EQ. I Played when i was very little in classic days so i didnt take much in. Im wondering if anyone could give any tips or what not. Im a Human Shadowknight. The name is Narrox. Any help is appreciated :)

Estu
10-06-2013, 12:18 AM
Refer to the Project 1999 Wiki - tons of great information there. You can do 1-10 pretty quickly getting buffs from people in the EC tunnel (I'm assuming you started in Freeport and not Qeynos) - regen and DS (damage shield) are the big ones you'd need. Also, orc groups in EC are popular around level 5-10. Good low level dungeons are Blackburrow and Crushbone - can head to them at around level 6 or 7. Each has an associated quest that gives good EXP - gnoll fangs for BB or crushbone belts/pads for CB. After that, Unrest is popular for level 14+. Don't be afraid to ask people for ports if you need them ("/who all druid 40 60", or wizard), or for advice. Good luck!

Orotiagito
10-06-2013, 12:45 AM
To me SK is one of the most interesting classes, I honestly don't understand why they couldn't be one of the best farming/soloing classes.

Btw, welcome to the server man! Why do so many people hate SK's tho?

mystery96
10-06-2013, 01:07 AM
Thanks, Im still kind of confused. I changed to Freeport. I wish they enabled find or map on this game but ohh well.. if anyone would like to add me and spam me with tells til i see them to help out, that would be dope.

webrunner5
10-06-2013, 01:53 AM
To me SK is one of the most interesting classes, I honestly don't understand why they couldn't be one of the best farming/soloing classes.

Btw, welcome to the server man! Why do so many people hate SK's tho?

40% XP penalty doesn't help a hell of a lot. 68% XP penalty if you are Troll or Iksar SK. Ouch!! And they are evil. So harder to play in that respect.

Clark
10-06-2013, 05:54 AM
Welcome man. I'd suggest staying near EC Tunnle Hub for buffs. EC 1-9 | Nro or WC 9-11 | Oasis 11-18ish is always near plenty of buffs.

Estu
10-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Thanks, Im still kind of confused. I changed to Freeport. I wish they enabled find or map on this game but ohh well.. if anyone would like to add me and spam me with tells til i see them to help out, that would be dope.

The wiki has maps.

Weekapaug
10-06-2013, 09:27 AM
40% XP penalty doesn't help a hell of a lot. 68% XP penalty if you are Troll or Iksar SK. Ouch!! And they are evil. So harder to play in that respect.

That and lack of dps are the proverbial flies in the ointment but if you approach the class right it's tons of fun. Being a tank that can FD, snare and invis along with lots of other utility and aggro tools does not suck.

Welcome to the server, OP. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask. Despite a disproportionately high number of jackasses on this server, the general player base is a lot nicer and more helpful to strangers than on live. We like new players. :)

Swish
10-06-2013, 11:56 AM
...they are evil. So harder to play in that respect.

Evil is the way forward. Haters gonna hate etc :p