PDA

View Full Version : Holy Moly

Jenni D
07-20-2010, 06:20 PM
So I installed EQ and decided to give this project 1999 server a whirl to see how EQ has aged. That was like 6 hours ago. my eyes hurt and i probably smell a bit BUT wow i had a really good time. So impressed with the community spirit i witnessed, so just wanted to say thank you for creating and managing this server for us to use!

All ass kissing aside though, I foolishly decided to remake my old EQ character faithfully as i did back then. Rangers suck so much dont they? :(

Jen / Jenni

p.s Any old Tunare server players on here? I was Jenni back then also.

YendorLootmonkey
07-20-2010, 06:32 PM
No, rangers are awesome. :) Poorly-played rangers suck.

Overcast
07-20-2010, 06:32 PM
No, rangers are awesome. :) Poorly-played rangers suck.

Indeed. I was considering rolling up one - it's one class I never really played on EQLive.

Tronjer
07-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Rangers will be well appreciated for Kunark raiding. Weaponshield 4tw.

Mournblade
07-20-2010, 07:21 PM
I remember you mentioning how you were already becoming re-addicted, as I ran through GFay this afternoon. Welcome! :)

(one of the best players I ever met was a Ranger)

OngorDrakan
07-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Welcome to EverCrack!

Aeolwind
07-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Some of my best friends were Rangers:

Iosemitee, Froman, Tryst, Hevlac....gawl, so many I don't remember.

Striiker
07-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Welcome to the server! I shared your feelings when I first started. I had always hoped that sony would put up a classic server. The progression servers were poorly implemented and rushed for content. P99 is EXACTLY what I wanted.. Classic server, classic content, at classic progression.

Noser
07-20-2010, 09:43 PM
still jenni from the butcherblock. used to have a little, now she has a lot.

quido
07-20-2010, 09:57 PM

lmao

Darkrainhunter
07-21-2010, 01:03 AM
Welcome back home! :)

There are a bunch of us here Jenni! Both Elidor and Northern Cross are from Tunare! I know we are both not 100% Tunare but I think most of both guilds are.

Jenni D
07-21-2010, 02:29 AM

har har har very good :P sadly the part about having a lot isnt true! Especially armour wise - why doesnt cloth show up? Jenni looks like she's nekkid :(

Darkrainhunter - cool beans! I remember the name northern cross.

Sparkin
07-21-2010, 03:06 AM
Welcome back home! :)

There are a bunch of us here Jenni! Both Elidor and Northern Cross are from Tunare! I know we are both not 100% Tunare but I think most of both guilds are.

Stefan isn't playing on here is he? I recall Elidor as being a smallish tight-knit RL friends guild he was in. Though its been a while, I could have this totally wrong.

Darkrainhunter
07-21-2010, 03:28 AM
You remember us correctly! Who would I know you as?

I am not sure if he reads the boards but yeah he is playing as Stefann the Gnome Enchanter! Not to be confused with the Stefan the High Elf Mage who was here before we arrived.

Messianic
07-21-2010, 07:51 AM
I remember Rangers being terribly weak until Kunark. Low DPS and low damage mitigation. Kunark gave them really good DPS.

However, once they got animal-based fear spells (Velious?), they rocked the house in terms of soloing. I soloed even to high blue cons in my 30s-40s with animal fear. Made my ranger actually really viable...

corradojeff
07-21-2010, 04:27 PM
I played on Tunare from 1999 till 2004/2005 ish. Barrelhouse MasterOFlowers and Faxx Machine. Also played as Cleric Named Stiches who was my Dads character.

Sallidar
07-21-2010, 06:33 PM
I remember Rangers being terribly weak until Kunark. Low DPS and low damage mitigation. Kunark gave them really good DPS.

However, once they got animal-based fear spells (Velious?), they rocked the house in terms of soloing. I soloed even to high blue cons in my 30s-40s with animal fear. Made my ranger actually really viable...

You remember incorrectly. Rangers were just fine and perfectly capable tanks until Kunark came out. With the increase in hit that mobs got, and a minor AC revamp, ranger's started to get beat down, which is the origin of the ranger down jokes. To compensate, the devs gave rangers double damage against non-rooted not-moving mobs with their bows. They also increased their damage tables slightly and bumped up their offensive skills slightly. This resulted in rangers drawing agro and thus, the jolt spell was given to them late in Kunark.

The animal fear spell was pre kunark. I used it in SK and later at Kedge entrance before Kunark came out. I don't think it was at release but reasonably certain it was prior to Kunark. I know when Kunark came out I was fear kiting animals in OT with an SK partner.

Darkrainhunter
07-22-2010, 09:44 PM
I played on Tunare from 1999 till 2004/2005 ish. Barrelhouse MasterOFlowers and Faxx Machine. Also played as Cleric Named Stiches who was my Dads character.

I remember Barrelhouse and Stiches.

BuzWeaver
07-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Another satisfied customer.

PhelanKA
07-22-2010, 10:35 PM
(one of the best players I ever met was a Ranger)

Ditto.

I always believed as a necro that there was no melee that could beat me unbuffed. Almost all I could beat even if they were buffed to all get out. But there was a ranger on RZ named "Trueblue", ironically enough, that I always had a hard time killing. I got him a few times, but the fact that he beat me a number of times on open ground was a statement of his skill and the overall quality of Rangers. Rangers were always the toughest melee classes to beat for a pet class because of their ability to snare targets and SOW themselves.

Since you played one during live I don't think I need to tell you this but I will anyway: Stick with it. Leveling a ranger up will pay off in the long run.