PDA

View Full Version : Cleric refresher

jphunk77
10-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Very excited to be a newb again 10 years later, I am surprised how much I can't remember which rounds the experience out for me. However I wouldn't mind it if someone could post a few of the most oft used cleric macros that I am sure I used to use but now can't recall.

Thanks ;)

Exmo
10-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Very excited to be a newb again 10 years later, I am surprised how much I can't remember which rounds the experience out for me. However I wouldn't mind it if someone could post a few of the most oft used cleric macros that I am sure I used to use but now can't recall.

Thanks ;)

Make an assist key (/assist) so you can tab through mobs and assist them to heal people getting hit, even if not in your group.

You don't have to, but it's sometimes helpful to have your spells in hotkeys so you can say you're casting and people don't run out of range.

first line: "Casting Light Healing"
second line: /cast 2 (Or whatever spell gem you have it in)

jphunk77
10-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Thanks, can't believe I forgot the /assist key hah.

Was there a command to do something like.

/target self
/cast 8 (heal or something like it)
/(something to make you return to your previous target that I am sure exists but can't recall)

Vellaen
10-11-2013, 11:32 AM
For the sake of people who have to read too much spam in group chat as it is, I wouldn't recommend a notification in a macro for anything other than CHeal, which is a long ways off. What you can do is use macros that will let you heal between med ticks, for example:

/stand
/cast (1-8, whatever gem the heal you want to cast is in)
/pause (in tenths of seconds, for example 22 for Light Healing [2s cast] or 32 for Healing [3s cast])
/sit

You can use the same macro for your stun spells, as well.

DrKvothe
10-11-2013, 11:47 AM
for heal macro, I'd like to suggest you do two identical lines of "/cast #" so that it still goes off if you fizzle. Especially important if you put a notification line in there.
Also, you don't need /stand

first line: "Saving the life of %t"
second line: "/cast 2"
third line: "/cast 2"
fourth line: "/pause 32" or whatever, as noted by Vellaen
fifth line: "/sit"

Also, make macros to inform the group about your mana. Oom, 25%, 50%, 75%, and full mana works. You could do 5ths if you like instead. When you're topped off, you've got plenty of time to tell your group, but if you're getting low you're definitely going to want a button you can quickly click.

jphunk77
10-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Thanks guys, I can feel the rust breaking free. Yes I think it may be a while before I find myself in a CHeal rotation.

Cillaz
10-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Remember to bind sense heading to a direction key at the beginning too, til you get the skill up some!

myxomatosii
10-17-2013, 08:14 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=124968

Similar discussion going on in server chat.

Motec
10-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Some of mine are really quite simple.

line 1: /cast 1
line 2: /cast 1
line 3: /pause 50, /gu 11111 CH %T 11111
line 4: /pause 55 /gu blablabla NOW
line 5: /sit

Casts complete heal, announces it and my rotation number in guild, waits 5 seconds and tells next person to cast, pause 5.5 seconds and sits me down.

My usuals are simple shit
/cast 1
/cast 1
/gu DL %T

Corpse dragging stuff:
/pause 1, /corpse
/target xxxxxx
/pause 1, /corpse
/target yyyyy

I set up 2-3 of these and drag 6 corpses at a time at full speed.

OOM macros, and random shit just pisses everyone off. Do your job properly and noone needs to know your mana situation. Keep your macros succinct, simple. Minimal fluff makes for easy to read and play around.

Avoid long pauses in macros, or be prepared to alt+# cast, as a macro in action with pauses (like my CH chain) wont allow you to cast another macro until its finished. So if you need to duck a CH and swap tanks, or go to lightspam etc you'll shoot yourself.

Thats why having /pause and sit etc in regular healing macros is retarded and for really, REALLY bad clerics.

Motec
10-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Also playing proactively will find you far more mana efficient. P99 is full of retards. Active CC by the cleric is far cheaper than healing others mismanaged, poorly executed slow reactionary CC.

In an xp group, you'll often find me with calm, atone, root and a stun memmed in favour of hello kitty and buffs or whatever 'sit down and do nothing' clerics have. Mob DPS at any level past about 25ish is far higher and less efficient to heal, than efficient and proactive CC. Be aware, and it will make you better in general.

fishingme
10-17-2013, 10:40 AM
watch health, watch mana, remember the % each of your heals does along with the mana they take. Depending on how fights go, tell your group when 35-40% mana so tank has an easier time judging how much mana cleric uses to heal a 3 mob, 2 mob pull etc. Agreed with only needing cheal on macro. Usually shamans/chanters take the macros for it for slows/malise/charm/mez/root. You'll do good, clerics are ridiculously easy to play along with the rest of the classes, just takes a two to three dozen levels to get it figured out along with pretty much hitting your endgame heal at 35 (cheal: complete heal).

Motec
10-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Ridiculously easy to play average.*

fishingme
10-26-2013, 01:49 PM
ridiculously easy to play great or average. There really is not much required for a cleric.