PDA

View Full Version : 16 Mage Pet Research Only?

Drakul
07-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Are the level 16 mage fire pets research only? And do you need a brewing only Halas Heater for it?

President
07-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Not sure about the heater but I believe my buddys necro needed to get his pets researched around that time.. I'm probably wrong though.

Drakul
07-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Not sure about the heater but I believe my buddys necro needed to get his pets researched around that time.. I'm probably wrong though.

I found the level 16 pet on a vendor after I researched it because I thought it was research only.

But the level 16 mage fire pet doesn't seem to be for sale in Qeynos and one of the required mats is a halas heater which requires 135 brewing.

Qaedain
07-21-2010, 09:28 PM
The level 16 Fire Pet comes from a High Elf vendor on Cyclops isle, which is just west of Erollisi Isle in Ocean of Tears.

Kani
07-21-2010, 11:23 PM

The level 16 necro pet could be researched as well as purchased , from a merchant. This is the case for the level 20 Necro pet as well, except you have to purchase it from Grobb, Ogguk, or Paineel, from the SK merchant, if you don't research it.

This also seems to be the case for Magician pets, at those levels. From what I understand; level 24 is when the Necromancer pets start becoming research only, as well as certain Magician pets.

guineapig
07-22-2010, 12:05 AM
source: http://www.thesilversandbox.net/p1999/main.php

(Click on the spells/skills/pets drop down menu on the top left.)

Research Recipies
Recipies marked with a * have not been confirmed. All others have been tested by players and work.
Spells marked with a + are research only. If you have an addition, correction, or confirmation, please email me at wander@watson.org. Thanks!

Name Word Spell Scroll Other Component 1 Other Component 2
Level 16
Summon Heatstone * Words of the Element None Bloodstone Scroll of the Element
Minor Summoning: Air Words of Tyranny Summon Elemental: Air Aviak Feather None
Minor Summoning: Earth Words of Tyranny Summon Elemental: Earth Small Brick of Ore None
Minor Summoning: Fire * Words of Tyranny Summon Elemental: Fire Halas Heater None
Minor Summoning: Water Words of Tyranny Summon Elemental: Water Shark Skin None

Level 20
Lesser Summoning: Air Words of Dominion Minor Summoning: Air Pearl Shard None
Lesser Summoning: Earth Words of Dominion Minor Summoning: Earth Topaz None
Lesser Summoning: Fire Words of Dominion Minor Summoning: Fire Jade Shard None
Lesser Summoning: Water Words of Dominion Minor Summoning: Water Ice of Velious None

Level 24
Cornucopia Words of Transcendence Summon Food Loaf of Bread None
Everfont + Words of Transcendence Summon Drink Flask of Water None
Summoning: Air + Words of Dimension Lesser Summoning: Air Pearl Shard None
Summoning: Earth * Words of Coercion Lesser Summoning: Earth Gloves of Rallos Zek None
Summoning: Fire + Words of Dimension Lesser Summoning: Fire Jade Shard None
Summoning: Water + Words of Dimension Lesser Summoning: Water Ice of Velious None

Level 29
Summon Coldstone Words of Sight Summon Heatstone Eyes of Serilis None
Greater Summoning: Air Words of Coercion Summoning: Air Scent of Marr None
Greater Summoning: Earth + Words of Coercion Summoning: Earth Gloves of Rallos Zek None
Greater Summoning: Fire Words of Coercion Summoning: Fire Breath of Solusek None
Greater Summoning: Water + Words of Coercion Summoning: Water Flame of Vox None

Level 34
Nullify Magic * Words of Detention Cancel Magic Blood of Velious None
Minor Conjuration: Mist + Words of Duress Greater Summoning: Air The Scent of Marr None
Minor Conjuration: Flame + Words of Duress Greater Summoning: Fire Breath of Solusek None

Level 39
Dagger of Symbols Words of Collection None Dagger None
Summon Ring of Flight Words of Collection None Star Rose Quartz None
Lesser Conjuration: Earth + Words of Convocation Minor Conjuration: Earth Gloves of Rallos Zek None
Lesser Conjuration: Water + Words of Convocation Minor Conjuration: Water Flame of Vox None

Level 44
Conjuration: Mist + Words of Incarceration Lesser Conjuration: Air The Scent of Marr None
Conjuration: Earth + Words of Incarceration Lesser Conjuration: Earth The Essence of Rathe None
Conjuration: Water + Words of Incarceration Lesser Conjuration: Water Tears of Prexus None

Level 49
Greater Conjuration: Mist + Words of Bondage Conjuration: Mist Wing of Xegony None
Greater Conjuration: Flame + Words of Bondage Conjuration: Flame Breath of Ro None
Greater Conjuration: Water + Words of Bondage Conjuration: Water Tears of Prexus None

(sorry about the half-assed copy job)

SunDrake
07-22-2010, 03:05 AM
The level 16 Fire Pet comes from a High Elf vendor on Cyclops isle, which is just west of Erollisi Isle in Ocean of Tears.

Correct. All of the Mage pets for 16 and 20 are available at this merchant, in addition to a boatload of research components [what seemed like an endless stock?]

mmiles8
07-22-2010, 04:53 AM
That's the closest vendor to most camps, as well as the only for folks that have trashed their faction on sister isle. Not endless, just several weeks worth of the same research words being sold by powercampers.

Also if you're looking for some of the higher level research, the names are different. They're all Earth, Water, Fire, or Air, mist and flame etc aren't the right names anymore.

delisnak
10-14-2011, 08:39 PM
source: http://www.thesilversandbox.net/p1999/main.php

(Click on the spells/skills/pets drop down menu on the top left.)

Research Recipies
Recipies marked with a * have not been confirmed. All others have been tested by players and work.
Spells marked with a + are research only. If you have an addition, correction, or confirmation, please email me at wander@watson.org. Thanks!

Name Word Spell Scroll Other Component 1 Other Component 2
Level 16
Summon Heatstone * Words of the Element None Bloodstone Scroll of the Element
Minor Summoning: Air Words of Tyranny Summon Elemental: Air Aviak Feather None
Minor Summoning: Earth Words of Tyranny Summon Elemental: Earth Small Brick of Ore None
Minor Summoning: Fire * Words of Tyranny Summon Elemental: Fire Halas Heater None
Minor Summoning: Water Words of Tyranny Summon Elemental: Water Shark Skin None

Combine for the 16 air pet isnt combining, i have the required items but says not combinable in this container.

Yes i know i can buy it but why run and buy it when i should be able to combine it...is this broken or am i just dumb??

Felwithemagi
10-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Combine for the 16 air pet isnt combining, i have the required items but says not combinable in this container.

Yes i know i can buy it but why run and buy it when i should be able to combine it...is this broken or am i just dumb??

True. Could you confirm you are using the Elemental Grimoire to combine? Pardon if that sounds obvious. I have not done that specific combine but in reviewing my old recipe list it calls that spell 'Minor Summoning Mist Elemental' so maybe there is a bug here. Perhaps you could pass the reagents to another mage to try? My research is pretty good so I'll try myself if I can get the reagents or someone could pass them to me.

Agreed a spell combine should work as listed even if said spell is available from a vendor.

delisnak
10-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Wait i just realized something...i have aviak feathers....not aviak feather.

So yea i am dumb...lol

Then where do aviak feather drop?