PDA

View Full Version : Duping crisis on p99 or just coincidental sequence of events ?

Kanor
07-21-2010, 09:38 PM
I have seen people with millions of plat and all of a sudden we are seeing items like thex daggers surfacing and being sold by the numbers. I have heard several people accused of duping (who will go unnamed) and I was wondering if this is being looked at by the GMs.

Thx

Kambris
07-21-2010, 09:40 PM
I don't think duping is possible on this server, and if it was then it would be a much more wide-spread and heavily-discussed issue. :o

Lazortag
07-21-2010, 09:42 PM
What I find really suspicious is the ridiculously valuable items being sold to merchants. Like, come on, who the fuck is selling 517 platinum fire wedding rings to the jeweler in north freeport?

Nocte
07-21-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm curious where all the dozens and dozens of Rubi BPs and Manastones came from. Obviously, things got duped, people were banned for it and it's pretty public knowledge.

What happens to the duped items, though? It stands to reason that an influx of duplicated items, particularly those that are very rare or extinct, will make waves in the server economy pool.

Is there a way to serialize the items as they're created (i.e. crafted, quested, or dropped) so that duplicate serials could be detected and deleted?

aegohely
07-21-2010, 09:52 PM
I saw 518 Ruby on EC vendor yesterday too..

utenan
07-21-2010, 09:58 PM
What I find really suspicious is the ridiculously valuable items being sold to merchants. Like, come on, who the fuck is selling 517 platinum fire wedding rings to the jeweler in north freeport?

many jewelcrafters getting there skills up.....

Phallax
07-21-2010, 10:02 PM
many jewelcrafters getting there skills up.....

Yea the only jewelry id be surprised to see on vendors is black sapphire, blue diamond and diamond gear.

JayDee
07-21-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm curious where all the dozens and dozens of Rubi BPs and Manastones came from. Obviously, things got duped, people were banned for it and it's pretty public knowledge.

What happens to the duped items, though? It stands to reason that an influx of duplicated items, particularly those that are very rare or extinct, will make waves in the server economy pool.

Is there a way to serialize the items as they're created (i.e. crafted, quested, or dropped) so that duplicate serials could be detected and deleted?

Has this been confirmed by GMs ?

Also, I thought for sure they would already have a serialization method implemented for items that no longer drop. Pretty disconcerting if they don't. I remember they did that on vztz after people started duping relentlessly.

Kanor
07-21-2010, 10:11 PM
I don't think duping is possible on this server, and if it was then it would be a much more wide-spread and heavily-discussed issue. :o

People are always finding new ways to dupe and exploit plat. It has already happened on this server whether you choose to recognize it or not. I am just worried about the new influx of plat and items that has happened recently.

Seems suspicious. Rest assured, Detective Kanor is on the case.

quido
07-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Yeah it's not like people camped the shit out of manastones until they disappeared. There are easily several hundred manastones on the server.

Humerox
07-21-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm curious where all the dozens and dozens of Rubi BPs and Manastones came from...

What? Were you around when those things dropped? The camps were staffed 24/7.

The only issues I ever saw were random spells and such appearing on the cursor when you zoned, and another brief problem... both corrected very quickly.

Want to point me to the threads concerning this "public knowledge" of duping issues...especially high end items like Rubi BP's and Manastones?

And yeah...they do have a system here for tracking items.

megman87
07-21-2010, 10:17 PM
One of the friends who convinced me to play here just started playing again after not playing for I dunno how long. He said hes still for 4 manastones from when the server came out however long ago that was heh, pretty sure he sold one by now though.

Could just be old players randomly coming back and selling stuff they been holding onto since its worth like 2-3x as much now. 75k for a manastone, really? haha =)

Barkingturtle
07-21-2010, 10:18 PM
I am just worried about the new influx of plat and items that has happened recently.

Not sure what you're talking about. I mean sure, we've seen a Thex Dagger and a CoF or RBB get sold in the past few days but that's not endemic. Rubi BP's and Manastones have been pretty well plentiful and available for a long time. Just seems like much ado.

Kanor
07-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Not sure what you're talking about. I mean sure, we've seen a Thex Dagger and a CoF or RBB get sold in the past few days

That's exactly what I am talking about. One player even said he/she has seen as many as 5 thex daggers for sale recently ? Dunno if that is conclusive evidence, however ...

That combined with the fact I have seen a couple players with an endless amount of plat buying all of these items (One player in particular whos buying AoN, Rbb/CoF, Thex Dagger, Crystalline spear) leads me to believe there is some shady swashbuckler stuff going on here.

Barkingturtle
07-21-2010, 10:33 PM
I guess people with plat just shouldn't spend it then?

Not hard to imagine people having a million plat at this point. I barely play, my highest character is 29 and I have probably 20k plat worth of items and currency.

Like I said, doesn't seem endemic. I guess I haven't seen the five Thex daggers sold recently, but if someone said it was true, well I guees I'll believe it too!

nilbog
07-21-2010, 10:57 PM
We have looked for dupe issues and other exploits since day 1. Cheating is something that is absolutely not tolerated and any exploits that have been discovered or reported are always top priority.

If you discover or hear of an exploit, it is your duty to report it. If you notice suspicious behavior or generally want to ask a question like the OP, and you have "unnamed" evidence, please use the Petition/Exploit (http://www.project1999.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25) portion of the forums. Only you and the admins will be able to view it.

There is no mass-duping crisis. afaik :P

Closing this thread as it has been answered and will do nothing but generate hysteria.