PDA

View Full Version : NEW PROJECT 1999 SERVER!!

joel.popick
07-21-2010, 11:46 PM
I would really appreciate another project 1999 pre-kunark server. I have a level 50, and there isn't much for me to do. The top guilds are always fighting for spawns, and all of the lguk/solb spawns are always taken. The majesty is really kinda gone. Plus I got a late start, and never got the chance to camp items like DE mask / manastone / rubi, which is exactly the situation I was in with Live. I just started a little too late. Anyways just a thought. Maybe take some stress off the first server, and make things a little more enjoyable.

Lanvaren
07-21-2010, 11:54 PM
I think another P99 server will eventually be released, hopefully after all of the classic inaccuracies and such have been fixed, so it will re-launch as a TRUE classic server.. hopefully, the population will also reflect that, and we'll all bitch at each other over level 1 spawns instead of planar.

IDK if we actually do need a second server right now.. dealing with overcrowded places and not having all the pre-nerf items you want was classic for most people. :p

Droop
07-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Yes, at the high-end finding places to fight at certain hours is tough. This will be remedied (spelling?) when Kunark comes out...somewhat. There are so many 50's that I think Kunark will be an OMFG crowded place for a bit.

Just a thought tho...how awesome would it be if the population got so high that they had to do a server split? lol

Dagoth
07-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Or just make it PVP so full grps can nuke down these solo necro/enchs farming, and guild wars over top spawns will make half the people quit, and or/ work out a schedule so they dont end up pvping / corpse camping all night.

Being from Rallos obviously i saw the benefits at high end of PVP..... However im almost 50 now, not sure i would be ok going 1-35 on a server full of Gnome Pks again, haha was nothing fun about that first time around on live.... as a ranger anyway..... or any melee/healer....

VincentVolaju
07-22-2010, 12:38 AM
I like the idea =) They would just have to add global chat again for a bit until the server picked up a little heh.

joel.popick
07-22-2010, 12:43 AM
I would be totally down for having a second p99 server PVP style. I doubt it would get much pull, because the greifing can get out of hand. RZ defiantly was a lot of fun though. It took a certain type of player thats for sure.

Bubbles
07-22-2010, 12:45 AM
RZ defiantly was a lot of fun though. It took a curtain type of player thats for sure.

Bolded for laughs and unintentional honesty.

frefaln
07-22-2010, 01:10 AM
I'd love to see a second server for PvP, but my reasons are selfish. It may be a naive thought on my part, but I'm kinda thinking/hoping a PvP option would pull some of the less-than-desirables off the current server.

rioisk
07-22-2010, 01:14 AM
I'd play a PvP server for P99. Let people solve their problems by killing one another....best solution of all.

jyaku
07-22-2010, 01:26 AM
i'd like to see a p99 with some custom content, custom quests/items with a bit of a storyline to them. i have quite a few ideas myself and would love to host a "sister" server to p99 if i had a server rig.

joel.popick
07-22-2010, 01:40 AM
I would be perfectly happy, as would many others, with just opening up a second server from the very start again. give people a chance to start over playing a new class from the start maybe they never have before.

frefaln
07-22-2010, 01:43 AM
It would really be interesting to see the impact a second/PvP server would have on the guilds that currently have a stranglehold on anything worth camping. Who knows, maybe they'd each have a strong presence and the problem wouldn't be mitigated at all, or with any luck, maybe some people who prefer the non-guild path would actually be able to coordinate and acquire some nice things.

Lancelot
07-22-2010, 01:47 AM
As of now ... I am happy with this. Maybe improving it but I think they are from what I've read. Maybe just a few simple things. Improve the site and little better advertising ... but as far as another server goes ... hold a poll on some some suggested changes then hold a poll about the changes. The main point is involved the people.

joel.popick
07-22-2010, 02:17 AM
yea for sure a poll. does anyone have the capability to start one? there defiantly seems to be some interest.

Messianic
07-22-2010, 08:00 AM
I'd love to see a second server for PvP, but my reasons are selfish. It may be a naive thought on my part, but I'm kinda thinking/hoping a PvP option would pull some of the less-than-desirables off the current server.

After playing on a WoW pvp server for years, I think you're exchanging one evil for a much worse one.

HippoNipple
07-22-2010, 09:36 AM
After playing on a WoW pvp server for years, I think you're exchanging one evil for a much worse one.

EQ item loot pvp server > EQ Team based coin only pvp server > dog shit > WoW PvP server

PhelanKA
07-22-2010, 09:38 AM
EQ item loot pvp server > EQ Team based coin only pvp server > dog shit > WoW PvP server

Pretty much took the words outta my mouth. Except you should have put WoW server to the right of WoW PvP server ;)

Malrubius
07-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Roll an alt.

Humwawa
07-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Don't see what's wrong with this server.

And if you name stuff wrong with this server, odds are your concerns will just.. happen again. And again. And again.

PhelanKA
07-22-2010, 11:10 AM
And if you name stuff wrong with this server, odds are your concerns will just.. happen again. And again. And again.

What does that even mean?

joel.popick
07-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Why does anything have to be wrong with the server for me to want a new one to start over? I don't think much is wrong with this server, and if so I 100% agree that it will only happen again.

There is a majesty that comes with a new server starting up at this level (pre-kunark) and being able to start at the beginning with everyone else.

Humwawa
07-22-2010, 11:41 AM
That "majesty" is there because it is fleeting.

It is often missed by many, because it is fleeting.

So it goes.

bled12345
07-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Hmmmmmm a few things wrong with this thread, and I think some of the reasons why devs arent responding go as follows.

1) It is expensive to run / own / operate a server capable of handling up to 1000 players online simultaneously + zones + content. ( DDOS days anyone? )

2) When I first started on this server, peak hours had roughly 300 people or so. Regarding the legality of the server, it seemed to be kind of a grey area at the time. If Sony Online Entertainment noticed, the general thought was that they just didn't care if a handful of people played some 11 year old emulated version of the game.

3) If a second server was started, and we got roughly 1000 players on each server (p99 just keeps growing exponentially as word of mouth spreads) I think there would come a time where where Sony would be like, hey WTF guys, 2000 x 15 dollars a month = ZOMG /sue /shutdown.

and finally

4) The devs operate this emulated version of EQ in their spare time, it would eventually grow into a full time job if they dont pull back on the reigns a bit lol...

bled12345
07-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Oh, and yes, it is getting quite crowded :)

Plus everyone knows the good camps vs. the waste of time camps, not like back in the day in EQ when no one had a clue and FoH were posting shit on Alla's :D

Destruction
07-22-2010, 12:20 PM
OP just leveled too quickly :p

Malrubius
07-22-2010, 12:36 PM
OP just leveled too quickly :p

^

Supreme
07-22-2010, 01:24 PM
I would really appreciate another project 1999 pre-kunark server. I have a level 50, and there isn't much for me to do. The top guilds are always fighting for spawns, and all of the lguk/solb spawns are always taken. The majesty is really kinda gone. Plus I got a late start, and never got the chance to camp items like DE mask / manastone / rubi, which is exactly the situation I was in with Live. I just started a little too late. Anyways just a thought. Maybe take some stress off the first server, and make things a little more enjoyable.

As Rogean/Nilbog has stated before this will never happen unless someone takes the initiative to make it happen on their own. Even then it probably will have to be done completely independent of the entire EQ Emu project as a whole. They have no interest in seeing a second p1999 server open in any form whatsoever.

OngorDrakan
07-22-2010, 01:25 PM
What if there was a server that reset everything back every month? How many times could you stand lvl 1 to 6? Or hell lvls? Or killing the same stuff? PVP might work, but I think it wouldn't bring in the numbers.

HippoNipple
07-22-2010, 02:16 PM
What if there was a server that reset everything back every month? How many times could you stand lvl 1 to 6? Or hell lvls? Or killing the same stuff? PVP might work, but I think it wouldn't bring in the numbers.

In other words what if there was a server that sucked and no one liked because it was a terrible design?

No one would play on it...

Supreme
07-22-2010, 02:31 PM
I think having a classic server that related to leveling/mobs/npcs but changing up the zone layout with new (later expansion) zones would be a great experience.

Imagine zones like Crushbone..same mobs etc but with a totally new layout..or even Mistmoore using Dreadspire as the zone etc..

Dantes
07-22-2010, 02:39 PM
They have no interest in seeing a second p1999 server open in any form whatsoever.

BUT THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE THREAD IS IN ALL CAPS, THAT MEANS THIS IS DEFINITELY GOING TO HAPPEN!

Supreme
07-22-2010, 03:59 PM
lolz.

Excision Rottun
07-22-2010, 04:13 PM
BUT THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE THREAD IS IN ALL CAPS, THAT MEANS THIS IS DEFINITELY GOING TO HAPPEN!

http://dessent.net/tmp/cruise-control-for-cool.jpg

Ihealyou
07-22-2010, 04:16 PM
I'M NOT USING CAPS LOCK, MY KEYBOARD JUST DOESN'T HAVE ANY LOWER CASE LETTERS ON IT.

joel.popick
07-22-2010, 10:16 PM
As Rogean/Nilbog has stated before this will never happen unless someone takes the initiative to make it happen on their own. Even then it probably will have to be done completely independent of the entire EQ Emu project as a whole. They have no interest in seeing a second p1999 server open in any form whatsoever.

I have money and time. I would start one if I knew how.

PhelanKA
07-22-2010, 10:20 PM
I'M NOT USING CAPS LOCK, MY KEYBOARD JUST DOESN'T HAVE ANY LOWER CASE LETTERS ON IT.

I think those keyboards came with a subscription to AOL back in the day.

I HALF WON TWO!

Tomato King6
07-02-2013, 07:36 PM
I think having a classic server that related to leveling/mobs/npcs but changing up the zone layout with new (later expansion) zones would be a great experience.

Imagine zones like Crushbone..same mobs etc but with a totally new layout..or even Mistmoore using Dreadspire as the zone etc..

hahahaha

quantum computer lol

Auvdar
07-03-2013, 02:51 AM
Why did you necro this thread? :(

Hex
07-03-2013, 03:49 AM
I can't wait for Kunark to come out!

Spazz502
07-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Rise from your grave!

**Removed picture. It was ungodly huge and Im to lazy to resize.**

Sadre Spinegnawer
07-04-2013, 07:02 PM
kunark is gonna kick ass. remember the boats?

webrunner5
07-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Wow, talk about a thread that went to shit. Some of you people need to give up some drugs!! :eek::eek:

joel.popick
10-12-2013, 08:29 PM
I am wondering if they banned me because they listened to my idea and made a second pvp server, and then hated it.

At least I would finally have a reason they banned me, because I simply did not cheat.

applesauce25r624
10-12-2013, 08:42 PM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/hFgR0m-9FmM/hqdefault.jpg

talking about being banned? ohhh, you better believe that's a bannable offense