PDA

View Full Version : Returning EQer w/ questions

Lancelot
07-22-2010, 01:29 AM
I played EQ shortly after Kunark released until little after Luclin. I remember receiving the game from my uncle not having any experience with MMOs. He also gave me a old Kunark guide ...with stories, classes, races, and basic MMO etiquette. I remember logging on a wood elf druid ...like my aunt had. At first I want to say it was a tad bit over whelming ... mostly because the N64 and EQ were so much different.
I played for a day after being killed by some dwarf skeletons I didnt log back on for a month or so. After a conversation with my uncle about paying the fee so I can log back on and my playing more then once in a month ... I continue playing this time however going against my aunts advise about evil characters and not being able to go anywhere or do anything due to faction, I create a dark elf necro and someone gave me a black robe (enshroud?) I had blast from that point until just before PoP. At that point I couldn't afford it nor could I talk my parents into paying for it ... then I find EQEmu in one of its earliest forms, became a type of GM of Counselor on some short-lived server...but it wasn't the same.
8 years pass before I give the game another shot ...so I log onto live. My aunt and uncle traders are still selling stuff ...after 8 years. I think to myself how much I missed EC tunnel, log out and the next day I'm here.
I was very surprised that I had found a "classic" server on the emu ... I suppose back in my emu days classic wasn't really sought after. Just wanting to thank everyone who put this together.

On to the questions -
Ive browsed through the site, faq, rules but still some questions.

From my understanding there are a few major bugs due to using the Titanium client and trying to make a pre-titanium game .... or something along those lines. Any of them worth mentioning? Dont go here ... dont do this ect ect.

How are factions working? If I take an iksar ...well anywhere ... will I get the appropriate response?

EC tunnel? If I go to EC will I see /auction /shout /ooc of Bag of goodies at T1 or any variation of sales going on classic style?

Hows grouping? I notice there are around 600 players on average. Is it safe to assume that I will be able to find people fighting in CB, Unrest, and some of the lower end dungeons?

Last question:
I didnt get any sizable amount of plat until after luclin released ... how are people doing it here? Giants? Thats one of my main worries ...having platinum to enjoy the game. So if anyone has any "secrets" and dont mind sharing with just me (promise) please PM me =D

RKromwell
07-22-2010, 01:36 AM
No lizards until RoK.

EC Tunnel is where 95% of the players trade and sell.

You don't need plat to enjoy the game. Just don't spend money on stupid shit.

Lancelot
07-22-2010, 01:39 AM
I apologize, maybe you didnt understand the question. This time I will try without the hypothetical.

How are factions working?

Friday
07-22-2010, 01:43 AM
Imagine walking into North Freeport as a Dark Elf.

Now imagine you getting your shit pushed in by every guard you walk by.

a la Factions.

Nedala
07-22-2010, 01:44 AM
From my understanding there are a few major bugs due to using the Titanium client and trying to make a pre-titanium game .... or something along those lines. Any of them worth mentioning? Dont go here ... dont do this ect ect.

Cant think of a really big bug right now. If you have heavy grafic/movement issues it has something to do with dual core, if thats the case try run it under wineq2 or check out the technical forums. Ingame bugs, well maybe some weird pathing here and there but not really bad. Theres a group bug sometimes means you have to relog or reform the group, nothing big. Bards are a little bit bugged still, but it gets better from what i hear :)

How are factions working? If I take an iksar ...well anywhere ... will I get the appropriate response?

Iksar is not ingame yet (kunark is not released yet, i think they aim to release it in like 3 month). But faction works like it should, and im pretty sure as soon as kunark is out the iksar will be hated everywhere :)

EC tunnel? If I go to EC will I see /auction /shout /ooc of Bag of goodies at T1 or any variation of sales going on classic style?

Hell yes!

Hows grouping? I notice there are around 600 players on average. Is it safe to assume that I will be able to find people fighting in CB, Unrest, and some of the lower end dungeons?

Yep, almost every dungeon is very full of people, the population is really good and gets higher every day (i think you are like the third or fourth person who writes in the forum as a newcomer today).

Last question:
I didnt get any sizable amount of plat until after luclin released ... how are people doing it here? Giants? Thats one of my main worries ...having platinum to enjoy the game. So if anyone has any "secrets" and dont mind sharing with just me (promise) please PM me =D

Hill giants are still a good way. Also seafurie cyclops from what i hear. But i think you make the best plat when you farm rare drop from nameds.

Im curious where did you here from project1999? Because many seem to start these days :)

Qaedain
07-22-2010, 01:48 AM
How are factions working?

All the classic factions are alive and well. Evil races have to be careful, you can ruin/repair city reputations to levels that permit uninvis travel (avoiding certain guilds, of course), certain merchants need rep, etc.

Things are fine.

Lancelot
07-22-2010, 01:59 AM
Im curious where did you here from project1999? Because many seem to start these days :)

I have a little free time on my hands and thought I would check out EQ again. Logged on to see my aunt and uncles traders logged on. Made me miss the ol' tunnel. So I log into the EQlive forums after hearing about some sort of classic server talk ... searched and searched to find out it would never happen. They did have some sort of progression server and it did really well then progressively went down hill, well from what they say .... that should tell them something huh?
Realizing how the player base wanted a classic server and asking myself why there isn't one, thought about EQEmu. Surprisingly I see a server with a playerbase of 800s. Not what I was used to when I first discovered EQEmu ... low and behold the name told me everything ... Project 1999.