PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Winged Death

Silikten
10-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Tried dispelling Winged death with pumice and my own bard song. Nothing would work. Not sure if the un-resistable coding made it un-dispellable too.

Nizzarr
10-22-2013, 04:46 PM
bugged buff slots more likely than anything

Smedy
10-22-2013, 04:48 PM
never had it happen but damn that must be annoying

heals4reals
10-22-2013, 05:09 PM
Did u try zoning to see if it moved its slot I.e. client server mismatch, although iv never seen this spell have that problem either. I dispelled a winged death a week or two ago which is current patch.

Silikten
10-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Will try zoning next time if its an option.

Thx info

Dullah
10-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Shits classic... and by that i mean its been happening since classic (pre-kunark).

Plz fix.

Retti_
10-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Shits classic... and by that i mean its been happening since classic (pre-kunark).

Plz fix.

What exactly? Winged death changing buff order on zone? Any other details like what buff its conflicting with?

Ive never experienced it like what weve seen with tap over time and malo/fire resist (both of which fixed last patch)

Dullah
10-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Druid dots being impossible to dispel.

I've had numerous run ins with druids who dotted me where I've blown entire pumice without being able to dispel the dot. Even to the point of having no buffs left to dispel. I remember specifically fighting some druid in Qeynos hills where I spent the entire duration of the dot chain dispelling myself after the druid ran away only to have the dot run its full course.

Dullah
10-23-2013, 02:06 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=97215

I like how the last post of this thread I refer readers to the beginning of the thread.

SamwiseRed
10-23-2013, 03:37 PM
wish this worked for me, my dots always get pelled :(

Retti_
10-23-2013, 03:58 PM
I've dispelled Effexor and Mornin dots since last patch on my warrior in CoM. I dont think I had any resist buffs. Most likely a skin jboot see invis.

I vaguely remember diapelling and the buff behind dot was dispelled and then a clicky and second pumice removed. Cant say for sure.

Alecta
10-23-2013, 05:40 PM
I will look into it, but if anyone can come up with a reproducible test case, I'd love em long time for it. Would save me from wasting time poking around in the dark.

Tavrin
10-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Don't think there is a 100% reproducible method for this Alecta.

It can occur with any dot, I used to see it all the time with necro dots, and possibly roots/snares.

The dot will sometimes be put in a random spot, but show client side as being in the first available slot.

Only way to test is:
1) Put a bunch of buffs on
2) Click off random ones
3) Dot yourself, observe placement of the dot.
4) Zone, observe placement of the dot.

The after zone placement is the correct one. But it does not occur all of the time, and can occur with multiple detrimental spells