PDA

View Full Version : Nerf xp

Tronjer
07-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Took me one month to hit level 30. As a warrior, who spend half of his time lfg and don't bother with solo farming.

Is it just me or anyone else have the feeling that leveling goes to fast?

Bubbles
07-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Took me one month to hit level 30. As a warrior, who spend half of his time lfg and don't bother with solo farming.

Now imagine being a pet caster and going 1-40 in a week! :o

Overcast
07-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Probably... about right.

Saying that because; with the knowledge of the game you may have if it's a second time around, it will just speed things up...

Not as much getting lost, taking wrong turns, wandering into known bad places, etc, etc.

But I'm making assumptions that you played Live too..

Tronjer
07-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Taking same route like 10 years ago: FP/NRO/Oasis/HH/HK and will head to Paw and SolB soon. However, xp seems to flow faster here.

My memories about level curve could be tinted though.

Nagash
07-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Maybe at the time you used to play a race with racial penalties and you don't now? Or maybe at the time you used to solo a lot, hence a lot of downtime? Maybe you have more time to play now?
Lotsa possibilities but I definitely don't feel it going faster myself.

Kind regards,
Nagash

jyaku
07-22-2010, 08:07 PM
i find XP to move slower here then on live honestly. i don't remember group XP only being one tick of a blue every kill regardless of what the con is you kill. also if i remember correctly on live human's had a XP bonus as they did'nt have any racial pluses

guineapig
07-22-2010, 09:17 PM
Taking same route like 10 years ago: FP/NRO/Oasis/HH/HK and will head to Paw and SolB soon. However, xp seems to flow faster here.

My memories about level curve could be tinted though.

How long did it take you to find these places and level up in them on live? Did you have a guild or a regular group of people that you leveled with often?
How often did you die and had to go without getting a rez? Did you try to do any quests on live?

These things can each factor days into your leveling experience.

gprater
07-23-2010, 08:58 AM

How many hours a day on average?

Messianic
07-23-2010, 09:08 AM
I found pet classes enormously easy to level, but untwinked melee classes a pain in the butt. Starting from scratch on my Monk in an unfamiliar environment (Qeynos) was quite hard. The monk I played to 60 started in Freeport, so I was a bit more familiar with that...

Cogwell
07-23-2010, 09:16 AM
You're a warrior with a ~10% bonus.

If you want to level more slowly you can just reroll as a Troll Shadowknight - tada 68% penalty.

Tronjer
07-23-2010, 10:48 AM
How many hours a day on average?

Hard to tell, as I was a lot lfg, but might be about 5h pure grinding in average.

Harmonicdeth
07-23-2010, 11:24 AM
It is interesting to see this post...

2 weeks ago we have 3 or 4 posts of complaining of slow XP and now its a post saying its too fast.

I would say its just right, hybrids are xping how they should, and non are xping well.

Messianic
07-23-2010, 11:30 AM
^^

It's entirely subjective.

XP is only fast or slow based on your point of reference, which is not objectively defined for every person.

Grinding 5 hours a day would certainly make XP seem fast...Wish I could still play like that. My Necro gets a level about every 1.5-2 hours when i'm lazy.

krforrester
07-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Definitely not too fast. Any slower and I don't know that it would be as much fun (especially since I have died 3 times in Blackburrow yesterday and am bound back on Odus).

I certainly don't have the endless hours to play like I did 10 years ago.

Salvelinus
07-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Now imagine being a pet caster and going 1-40 in a week! :o

Just never leave unrest.

Tenurn
07-23-2010, 01:35 PM
I have an Ogre SK and i just hit 34 today off a rez. 33 took me 1 month of playing on and off.

HippoNipple
07-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Hard to tell, as I was a lot lfg, but might be about 5h pure grinding in average.

So it took you a month of playing to get level 30 when you are doing pure exp grinding for 5 hours a day on average.... thats a ton of playing to get to level 30. If you account for your lfg, questing and other errands you are playing about 8 hours a day. So in a month you have put in 240 hours and you aren't even half way to max level when you account for the harder upper levels.

That sounds like a ton of play time for me to get a character to level 50. That would take me about 7-8 months to get level 50, luckily I'm a necro so I can cut out on some of that downtime and level quicker with solo exp.

Everquest is good about having choices with different class/race combos if you want a harder route to 50. Its nice that there are race/class combos that allow a casual player to play beside a hardcore player at end game. I could probably play about 50% - 75% of the total time a troll sk does and stay in his level range.

Kelven
07-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Leveling would have gone just as fast on live, it's just that on Live everyone was a lot more social. Less grinding it to 50 so I can end-game-omg syndrome.

trust me, roll any hybrid here and EXP crawls like you wouldn't believe.

Messianic
07-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Just never leave unrest.

Speaking of which, what level can a necro solo (efficiently) in Unrest?

Noleafclover
07-23-2010, 04:45 PM
30 in a month isn't that overpowered actually. If you're gettin in 5h grindin a day, you're averaging a yellow an hour, little more at lowers, little less at highers. With deaths, this is about where I'd think you'd be going the average route. I'd actually think faster if you min-maxed and looked for zones w/ bonus multiplier. If you'd have gone through Unrest and Sol A in place of the other zones (although HK is almost as good as sol a) you'd be 35 now I believe. I recommend Lguk instead of Paw, believe multipliers the same, but exp always seemed faster to me in lguk than paw. And loot assuredly better. But I mean if you're doin same route for nostalgia, rock on of course.

Am mildly curious what your race is though.

Bubbles
07-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Just never leave unrest.

shhhh

Bubbles
07-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Speaking of which, what level can a necro solo (efficiently) in Unrest?

duo, don't solo.. Pick *any* class LFG and duo. it's a zillion times safer and you can kick a$$ with any... any other class.

Except rangers, of course.

Tronjer
07-23-2010, 07:19 PM
30 in a month isn't that overpowered actually. If you're gettin in 5h grindin a day, you're averaging a yellow an hour, little more at lowers, little less at highers. With deaths, this is about where I'd think you'd be going the average route. I'd actually think faster if you min-maxed and looked for zones w/ bonus multiplier. If you'd have gone through Unrest and Sol A in place of the other zones (although HK is almost as good as sol a) you'd be 35 now I believe. I recommend Lguk instead of Paw, believe multipliers the same, but exp always seemed faster to me in lguk than paw. And loot assuredly better. But I mean if you're doin same route for nostalgia, rock on of course.

Am mildly curious what your race is though.

Barbarian and regarding min/maxing, I don't always have the prefect group setup, neither I own twink gear. Didn't die since level 20 without xp ress though.

By rerolling a human warrior with Kunark release I also had some prior experience and there was eqatlas and stuff. However, it still took me aprox 4 months to hit 50.

Bubbles
07-23-2010, 07:22 PM
double post, I fail.

Frighteous
07-24-2010, 01:10 AM
wtf bubbles?

come to bed already

Noleafclover
07-24-2010, 04:56 AM
Barbarian and regarding min/maxing, I don't always have the prefect group setup, neither I own twink gear. Didn't die since level 20 without xp ress though.

By rerolling a human warrior with Kunark release I also had some prior experience and there was eqatlas and stuff. However, it still took me aprox 4 months to hit 50.

I figured first char. Just meant as far as the zones you choose.

stormlord
07-24-2010, 05:41 AM
It took my ranger 1/6 of the time to get to the level he got to on live. I am not sure why it was so much faster, but I explained it to myself by simply assuming I know more. For example, I used quests I don't think I used back then to make more experience. I didn't know the zones at all back then.

I found myself killing myself to slow it down. Bottom line, I feel that the first 20 levels go too fast for my tastes. I think EQ lost a lot of meaning when it gravitated away from the homecities. I also feel that when zones that're close to my heart become grey/green they also lose a lot of meaning. And when the game world loses meaning, it's like my heart is being ripped from my chest.

I also traveled to freeport and it was a lot faster and easier than I remember.

Again, back then I didn't know the zones at all. I mostly know hte main zones by memory now.

Messianic
07-24-2010, 07:37 AM
duo, don't solo.. Pick *any* class LFG and duo. it's a zillion times safer and you can kick a$$ with any... any other class.

Except rangers, of course.

Ok, what level could I duo? :P

Bubbles
07-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Ok, what level could I duo? :P

12? 16? 20? pick any of the above. There's never really a level in EQ that it's not safer and more entertaining to at least be duoing, if not in a bigger group.

Verterdegete
07-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Nerf the exp :eek: ? I grinded for an hour and a half to get to lvl 3... :(

Nedala
07-25-2010, 03:38 AM
exp got nerfed already group exp is probably slower than on live imo. its ok now :)

bluejam
07-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Oh yeah, just wipe the server and be done with it.. some people..