PDA

View Full Version : AC in OOT spawn %

tefog
07-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Wondering if there is a percentage on spawn lol, been here 9 hours camping this shit

dekin

Chicka
07-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Wondering if there is a percentage on spawn lol, been here 9 hours camping this shit

dekin

Its supposed to be a 10% chance _at night_. Took me 24 hours in two camps.

Qaedain
07-23-2010, 05:07 PM
The 10% chance at night is for SRo.

Starklen
07-23-2010, 06:26 PM
I read somewhere it was a roughly 2% chance. While it's probably coincidence, I think I spent around 5 hours (50 kills iirc) to get my ring.

Derpus
07-23-2010, 08:13 PM
the chance to spawn is actually a neg %, if you kill him enough it opens a portal in time, unspawns an AC is the past and someone loses their jboots.

apollyon arali
08-16-2010, 07:44 AM
dunno what the percent chance is sopposed to be but I just camped the @#!&% AC for 12hrs straight in OOT and he finally popped. The guy before me was there a few hours with no luck.

So thats roughly 108 attempts for me not counting the guy camping before me. Hrmm ... 1 out of 108 attempts is 1% not including the previous camp?

Maybe I was just unlucky...

Brad needs to have his nuts smashed with a baseball bat for this quest. This long ass camp with some tricky quest verbage from Bootstrutter can cause alot of pain. So many people turned in plat instead of gold and got seriously screwed.

azeth
08-16-2010, 07:46 AM
We saw 2 AC's in 5 hours and took off. Went back to OOT later for more Seafury action and supposedly between the time we left and returned (~4 hours) 4 AC's spawned.

The percent chance doesn't vary, it's just dumbluck when the PH/AC pops whether you're there for the 5%. You sir had an unlucky day.

apollyon arali
08-16-2010, 08:07 AM
yeah..I remember getting a few AC drops pretty quick on live years ago. Though maybe it was changed..

Apparently you are correct..just an unlucky day.:(

mgns
08-16-2010, 08:17 AM
Not sure if things are the same here as on live, but one of the devs (Prathun) spilled the beans on the S. Ro AC spawn:

There's one spawn in South Ro with a 30.66666666 minute repop time that has a 10% chance of being the ancient cyclops, but he has to spawn at night. He's on the same spawn table with a_desert_madman, a_dervish_cutthroat, a_sand_giant, and a_mummy.

Truth is stranger than fiction:

ENCOUNTER_DESCRIPTION SROHusamAncientNightfall
MONSTER_1_NAME a_desert_madman
MONSTER_1_NIGHT_NAME an_ancient_cyclops
MONSTER_1_PERCENT 10
MONSTER_2_NAME a_sand_giant
MONSTER_2_NIGHT_NAME a_mummy
MONSTER_2_PERCENT 20
MONSTER_3_NAME a_sand_giant
MONSTER_3_PERCENT 10
MONSTER_4_NAME a_dervish_cutthroat
MONSTER_4_PERCENT 30
MONSTER_5_NAME a_desert_madman
MONSTER_5_PERCENT 30

[source (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=143508)]

Itchybottom
08-16-2010, 10:59 AM
The same GM said that there is only two spawns for Pyzjn, and I've seen her pop in 3 places (ShowEQ in Kunark -- this is where I got most of my platinum on live, and later MQ2Map during Luclin through PoP.) I've also seen Varsoon and Pyzjn up at the same time along with a fire beetle place holder. I used to run around the hill area with a pet and hotbuttons doing /target placeholder, /pet attack spam all over the place. 6-7 times a night she'd pop based on that strategy. Her new cycle during after the PoP revamp involved "a king snake", by the way. Nothing else changed.

I wouldn't be surprised if South Ro were any different. I never really plotted that mob though. I just KS'd it a lot.

Pabruzzese99
08-16-2010, 04:18 PM
the chance to spawn is actually a neg %, if you kill him enough it opens a portal in time, unspawns an AC is the past and someone loses their jboots.

*Starts slow clap*