PDA

View Full Version : WTS Price Check - Stack of Silk Swatches

olderj
07-23-2010, 06:08 PM
How much do people generally pay for a stack of silk thread or swatches? Thanks.

~ Huffle

Noleafclover
07-24-2010, 06:18 AM
A little over 2 months ago when Ennui was around lv. 10 and was doing tailoring, Spider was 20/stack and ling was 10-20/stack. So swatches/thread would be double that, at least. If it hasn't increased for inflation.

Noleafclover
07-24-2010, 06:25 AM
Actually as I think about it economically, I'd expect the price to remain static. At the time, w/ global auction and few tailors, handmade backpacks were good money at 35pp/piece and wu's was reported for 900/set (though I only sold a couple at this price). So demand for tailoring was high, and thus spider silks. Now since then, increase in tailors to fill the demand, along with reduced demand from the removal of global auction has greatly lowered the marketability of tailoring. However, those who want to buy would be likely to be bored lv. 50s preparing for velious, so I still think you'd get a fair amount. They'd be willing to pay the old market price to cure a little boredom, and there's nothing to actively drive the price down (like an influx on the supply side, like when camping GBS became popular - unless people've been perma-camping crag spiders under my radar, could be).

So there's my rough supply/demand curves, I think the price remains static =p

Noleafclover
07-24-2010, 06:27 AM
A little over 2 months ago when Ennui was around lv. 10 and was doing tailoring, Spider was 20/stack and ling was 10-20/stack. So swatches/thread would be double that, at least. If it hasn't increased for inflation.