PDA

View Full Version : Killing a Hill Giant at lvl 14?

Revol
07-24-2010, 03:47 PM
NERF BARDS!!

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae292/Jules-RM/misc/EQ000003.jpg

J/K.

The two guards near the Gypsy camp in NK were fighting the HG, I was about to camp at the tower when I noticed this little fight going on... I almost just hit the camp button, but I decided to wait and watch.

The guards got him to within a few HPs of fleeing before they died, I decided to risk it since I was bound at the Gypsy camp anyway. The HG got me down to like 10% HP before I got the swing in - then he started fleeing. It took me about 3-5 minutes to take him down, but man that was satisfying. The 11% xp and 11pp wasn't bad either.

There must be some sort of XP cap in, I should have gotten more than that :p

Humerox
07-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Lol...good job. :)

Kinamur1999
07-24-2010, 05:43 PM
I was soloing sand giants on my ranger at 35, and I thought that was impressive!

Falisaty
07-24-2010, 05:44 PM
i remember my first hill giant kill... was in my high 20s had to chain cast fire pet on him but i did it

fastboy21
07-24-2010, 06:01 PM
would have been a better pic if another hill giant aggro'd you in mid-cheer and we could see his fist coming towards your head to one shot you.

Lazortag
07-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Once bards get ranged DD/DoT spells they can technically kill any melee mob of any level, it just takes forever because of resists and shit.

Revol
07-24-2010, 07:50 PM
would have been a better pic if another hill giant aggro'd you in mid-cheer and we could see his fist coming towards your head to one shot you.

If I would have done that I would have died. I was damn lucky to have gotten that first hit off. You can tell by all the misses that it was pure luck that one landed to do just enough damage to make it flee.

I was also amazed that I was able to follow him for almost 5 minutes without another mob agro'ing on me. Most of the time I was just twisting Selos and Heal, sure I'd have to abandon the HG and run for the zone. I usually hunt near the guards because bears and wolves love me.

Reiker
07-24-2010, 08:07 PM
I killed a sand giant at level 1.

Striiker
07-25-2010, 03:22 PM
I killed a sand giant at level 1.

Heh, I saw someone kill a Hill Giant in North Karana on Live back in 1999. He was a lvl 1 Necro and had the HG hung up on the Wizard spires. The necro sat on the other side and would stand and cast Life Tap and sit down. He eventually killed it.
He may have been lvl 2, can't recall.. It was interesting to see. I didn't stick around to watch as he had a lot to go. The HG was down to 35%.

Biotodd
07-25-2010, 04:03 PM
For an added bonus you can pull the HG onto the gaurds with proxy agro and kill the winner pretty easily...if it's a gaurd you take a minimal faction hit nothing 20 minutes in Blackburrow won't fix.... Oh yeah don't pull both HG's onto the gaurds at the same time....the gaurds are weaker than HG's.......

mhoward48
07-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Great job Revol! You have always been a awesome bard in my book!!!

Gratal
07-26-2010, 01:18 AM
I had a monk that once got the xp awarded when a Sand Giant died. It was in Oasis and the entire zone swarmed it. So many bodies that day.

Allizia
07-26-2010, 01:40 AM
Heh, I saw someone kill a Hill Giant in North Karana on Live back in 1999. He was a lvl 1 Necro and had the HG hung up on the Wizard spires. The necro sat on the other side and would stand and cast Life Tap and sit down. He eventually killed it.
He may have been lvl 2, can't recall.. It was interesting to see. I didn't stick around to watch as he had a lot to go. The HG was down to 35%.

They added the automatic resist if the mob is 6 levels higher then you because of that. Necros used to group up and use lifetaps to kill them in their teens since they were unresistable

Humwawa
07-26-2010, 01:42 AM
They added the automatic resist if the mob is 6 levels higher then you because of that. Necros used to group up and use lifetaps to kill them in their teens since they were unresistable

This was one of my best memories in early Classic... the necro zerg!

mmiles8
07-26-2010, 02:00 AM

The 6 level limit was the common perception, but it was just 1.25 times your current level.