PDA

View Full Version : Monk armor?

geistrath
11-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Heya, I started a few days ago, and got a little PP scraped together for starting up a monk. I was looking to buying cured silk, it doesn't seem like there is anyone out there selling it in the past week I've been looking. Are there any other routes of armoring I could go as a newbie monk with only a little bit of PP?

myxomatosii
11-14-2013, 12:47 PM
(The wiki may still be down as of my posting but this is usually what I'd do)

Go on the Wiki > Equipment > Equip by Class > Equip by Slot

and you can go through each slot, sorting gear by stats and figuring out a general price range for the items using the wiki's estimator which will give you an idea of how affordable a piece of armor is.

Alternatively! Pick up tailoring if you're a fan of crafting :)

Estu
11-14-2013, 01:13 PM
You can make cured silk yourself with some work (would first want to hunt a lot of wolves/cats/bears and train up tailoring), but I don't think it's really worth it; it gives no stats and some small AC, but AC does not have a huge effect on battles on this server.

What you can do is hunt decaying skeletons in North Ro (or wherever) and sell bone chips for 5-10pp a stack to necromancers and shadowknights in EC. Also, high quality bear skins go for 20-40pp each, spiderling silk stacks go for 20pp or so each, and you can make leather padding and sell that for a decent amount. You should first aim for a good weapon (lots of amazing monk weapons available for just a hundred or two hundred plat in EC), then 5 AC 55 HP jewelcrafted rings (platinum fire wedding ring). After that, just go after whatever low-weight gear you can find that gives you strength, HP, and stamina.

Spacebar
11-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Not sure if you are iksar, but you could also consider doing this quest if you are just wanting to get some starter gear.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Sparring_Armor

The stats aren't the best, but there is no better feeling in EQ than getting your own gear. I still can't bring myself to depart with some of my original gear that i worked for.

Also, if not an iksar or for alternatives you can check out http://wiki.project1999.com/Monk at the bottom. If you look at the pre-planar gear (and even Kunark) some of it isn't too badly prices. I'd try for some classic-era gear with some cheap Kunark weapons (like Wu's Quivering Staff).

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
11-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Heya, I started a few days ago, and got a little PP scraped together for starting up a monk. I was looking to buying cured silk, it doesn't seem like there is anyone out there selling it in the past week I've been looking. Are there any other routes of armoring I could go as a newbie monk with only a little bit of PP?

I'm heading off to Mexico for a week but when in get back bit me up, I've got a Wu's Quivering Staff you can have (23/28).

Keep on keeping on my friend.