PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes, Sunday July 25th 2010

Rogean
07-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Code

Rogean: Corpses will no longer be resurrect-able after 3 hours of the account being online.
Rogean: You may resurrect a corpse more than once; only the first will give XP.
Rogean: Considering a corpse will give it's resurrection timer.
Rogean: The server will only show you one resurrection request dialog at once.
Rogean: A 0 exp death from duels will only have a 7 minute rez timer.
Bumamgar: 10% penalty for non-cleric heals fixed to only apply to spells that are on the cleric spell list (but being cast by a non-cleric)
Bumamgar: Keys must be on your cursor to open doors, not just in your inventory or bank
Bumamgar: The Harmtouch and Lay on Hands abilities will now refresh when a player dies

Content

nilbog: highland lions will now drop skins instead of pelts.
nilbog: Fixed Ged Twigborn's quests. They will now work.
nilbog: 'The Painting' quest fixed.
nilbog: Cracktusk will now be kos. "This elephant has been driven into a homicidal rage by the crack in his tusk..."
nilbog: Fixed the default bind location of dark elves in Nektulos Forest.
nilbog: NPCs will no longer cast the following spells: Torbas' Acid Blast, Divine Favor, Divine Strength, Shroud of Hate, Elemental Maelstrom. They will return during Kunark/Velious, respectively.
nilbog: Stone silk will no longer drop.
nilbog: Bixie Parts will no longer be for sale.
nilbog: Increased the advisor's respawn time to 4 hours. Increased the advisor's chance to drop his robe.
nilbog: Centaurs of South Karana are now social
nilbog: greater ice bones will now drop iced bone chips. They will now be the only source.
nilbog: iced bone skeletons in befallen will now drop crystallized marrow
nilbog: Embalming dust is now available exclusively in the deserts of North Ro, Oasis, and South Ro.
nilbog: Created and populated 'a sand mummy'. Welcome back.
nilbog: Corrected an issue with FaydarksChampions. There was a secondary, rogue faction being used in a few situations. Faction hits from npcs and quests should now be aligned to only one.
nilbog: "a wand" will no longer drop.
nilbog: Chesgard Sydwen will now properly reward you for turning in the Letter from Cheslin.
nilbog: Fixed/Created recipes for Hulgarsh, Ginesh, Dwarf Chops, Beer Braised Wolf, Beer Braised Rat, Unfired Skewers, Skewers, Unfired Medium Container, Medium Clay Jar, Unfired Cake Round, Cake Round
nilbog: Qeynos Knights of Thunder will now be on.. KnightsofThunder faction
nilbog: Vansted Rohenga has returned to Qeynos. Welcome back.
Bumamgar: The inhabitants of the temple in Fear will defend their sanctuary against anyone who ventures within the ring of fire.
Aeolwind: Reduced Ulrich McMannus respawn time to classic levels.
Wenai: Brittle Skeletons will now drop quest pieces for Bertoxx Initiate.

ziahh
07-25-2010, 11:04 AM
just out of curiosity rogen ,

are we still on track for either a september or october release for kurnark ?

any update would be greatly apreciated.

thx you!

Phallax
07-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Centaurs social. Bout time!

GJ

Zordana
07-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Bumamgar: The inhabitants of the temple in Fear will defend their sanctuary against anyone who ventures within the ring of fire.

<3 <3 <3

bluejam
07-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Great update, thanks!

Shrubwise
07-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Devs, your continued work on the server is awesome. Thanks a bunch for your diligence. It's much appreciated!

Just because I'm scared to find out the hard way: how is Kedge Keep looking after this patch?

Nedala
07-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Rogean: Corpses will no longer be resurrect-able after 3 hours of the account being online.

Nice work :)

Poeskas
07-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Nice work :)

Agree!!! will corpses also despawn as they should?

Aeolwind
07-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Agree!!! will corpses also despawn as they should?

Not entirely yet. From my understanding, corpses will remain for 7 days on or offline, naked corpses will poof when the rez timer drops.

So missing atm are:

24 hour online corpse poof for corpses with something on them.
Naked corpses take 3 hours to decay and not 2 minutes 30 seconds.

So, corpse spammers will have to work just a little bit to create tons of corpses since they'll poof after 3 hours now.

Hasbinbad
07-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Thank for the work!

how is Kedge Keep looking after this patch?

^ ?

Aeolwind
07-25-2010, 03:55 PM
how is Kedge Keep looking after this patch?

Cloudy with a chance of rain. Possible flooding. Be prepared in the event of flash flooding to seek higher ground immediately as water levels may rise faster than you anticipate.

In other words: Haynar tweaked some stuff that may have been causing the issue. Similar to Guk and Lavastorm. Other than that, (>'.')> I dunno <('.'<)

Droop
07-25-2010, 04:08 PM
It's still crappy :-p

Poeskas
07-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Not entirely yet. From my understanding, corpses will remain for 7 days on or offline, naked corpses will poof when the rez timer drops.

So missing atm are:

24 hour online corpse poof for corpses with something on them.
Naked corpses take 3 hours to decay and not 2 minutes 30 seconds.

So, corpse spammers will have to work just a little bit to create tons of corpses since they'll poof after 3 hours now.

Well this is definitely a start! Thanks!!

Intricus
07-25-2010, 08:35 PM
The Harm touch/ Lay on hands actually seems to be doing the exact opposite....I died with my Harm Touch up, and when I respawned, it was down.

Lazortag
07-25-2010, 08:45 PM
awesome patch.

Daiyn
07-25-2010, 11:53 PM
The Harm touch/ Lay on hands actually seems to be doing the exact opposite....I died with my Harm Touch up, and when I respawned, it was down.

I can verify that HT is up after death after being on cooldown, FWIW.

I also noticed the corpse bind for death in Nek is now near the Neriak cave. Woot! :)

Troy
07-26-2010, 02:46 AM
Doh! Someone swore that the centaur were not social so I went ahead and starting fighting them without paying attention to their friends. OMW to recover my corpse now lol

RyoGTO
07-26-2010, 03:06 AM
I smell Harm Touch exploits incoming! Could do a heck of a lot of damage really fast with a bunch of naked SKs dying over and over with HT...

feanan
07-26-2010, 02:36 PM
i thought the 3 hour timer was character based, not account based?

thought i remember you'd log in an alt to try and arrange a rez because you didn't want the timer going

astarothel
07-26-2010, 03:48 PM
i thought the 3 hour timer was character based, not account based?

thought i remember you'd log in an alt to try and arrange a rez because you didn't want the timer going

^ this.

Qaedain
07-26-2010, 04:25 PM
This is a fantastic patch.

Lazortag
07-26-2010, 05:06 PM
I smell Harm Touch exploits incoming! Could do a heck of a lot of damage really fast with a bunch of naked SKs dying over and over with HT...

In a zone where they can get bound to, or are you thinking of rezzing them and harm touching again ad infinitum? What a weird idea.

Roo3k
07-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Were Mammoths made social, it was very unexpected and I was slaughtered

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-26-2010, 07:34 PM
that's how harm touch worked... and loh. And yes timer should be on character, not account.

centaurs fired arrows too!